Awoo.

Sonic & All-Stars Racing: Transformed: official Fang petition added

Mando-Whirl-Wind

Oh for fucks sake...

*bangs his head on the desk after each word in the following sentance*

Miku.... Can't.... be.... in.... it!

I don't even get why anyone would want Miku. I really hope SEGA turns around and says "No, she's not happening". And Sanshiro too. He's not funny.

Oh for fucks sake...

*bangs his head on the desk after each word in the following sentance*

Miku.... Can't.... be.... in.... it!

you want to do something about it, go out there and get people to vote for other characters like sketch turner and Fang/Nack. or even vectorman, though he proably wont be able to catch up to the fan frenzy. and hope they get her disqualified

There seems to be a lot of mixed opinions about Miku being present in the polls, surprisingly mostly positive even from the anons and users of the game sites which is surprising and i honestly think if SEGA get permission to use Miku as DLC for this game, Sumo and SEGA will have a ton of people buying in Japan alone, but then you take the Otaku base into consideration and THEN you take into account Miku will appeal to young girls for being a pop singer/ girl icon and has a fun design (that's if they use the old design Miku and not her Append style of course) Then i honestly think this will gain more exposure for Vocaloid in the West AND sales for SEGA & Sumo in both the West and East.

That's what i think any way.

you want to do something about it, go out there and get people to vote for other characters like sketch turner and Fang/Nack. or even vectorman, though he proably wont be able to catch up to the fan frenzy. and hope they get her disqualified

Do you not get it yet? I think the whole list thing is badly organised, it has nothing to do with 'oh my favourite character only has X number of votes. The list has had little to no thought put into it and has a number of serious problems with it thats just going to make people disapointed and have chorus' of people yelling 'Sega doesn't listen to us!' because what people are asking for is highly unlikely to ever happen.

Stick around and you'll see a list of reasons as to why.

I don't even get why anyone would want Miku. I really hope SEGA turns around and says "No, she's not happening". And Sanshiro too. He's not funny.

Neither of them can happen.

Miku can't go in due to legal licensing reasons. And no supporters of this pol don't even quote this and start your explanation as to why 'oh yes she can/it's possible' it's not. Even if Sega looked into the possability of doing this. The admin costs alone into the legalities make this decision completely worthless when it comes to sales, let alone the deal between Sega and Miku's owners which would have to be made and agreed and all of this comes before the costs to actually comission sumo to design her, create her and have her fully annimated in the game without any problems.

How many thousands of mikus would you need to sell in order to just break even with that cost? If Miku is this amazingly popular character as the supporters constantly want me to believe, you think the license to use her is going to be cheap? Nope.

Sanshiro is a similar problem, only we have the added problem of 'likeness.' To get him in the game, you need to pay the guy money, and this isn't going to be cheap either. Furthermore, it's a deal that would need to be done by Sega of Japan which will take a very long time.

And before someone says 'But he's already in the game!' Erm... no he's not. Do you think it's just by accident that you cannot see Sanshiro's face when you get to that part?

And loads of other characters in the full list have the same and other problems. Everybody keeps saying 'Ristar' never gonna happen. He's the flagman, you have to also take into account the issue of game aesthetics when it comes to putting characters in a game. "Yay I'm playing as Ristar... oh look there he is waving at me at the end of the track too... ... . thats not distracting..." Theres several characters on that list who also have this problem.

Another problem I have with it 'Oh lets add Fang/Nack when theres barely a week left of voting!' Nobody sees a problem with this? And no this isn't a 'fang' thing, had it been any character there would be the same blatently obvious problem with doing this.

Theres also an issue as to wether any of these votes will actually be useful in the long run because the theres no way to tell which of the votes come from people who actually own ASRT/are getting it and those who voted because they just wanted X character to win. And yes thevast majority of Miku's votes certainly fall into this... do I need to go dig up the links again to the fansites where people were saying that they have no interest in the game but just want Miku to win?

Just looking at the top 10 for the list right now.

-Ryo Hazuki: 2616

-Hatsune Miku: 2561

-Segata Sanshiro: 2503

-Vectorman: 1152

-Bayonetta: 1137

-Ristar: 1029

-ToeJam & Earl: 862

-Billy Hatcher: 641

-Axel Stone: 547

-Blaze Fielding: 505

Realistically... theres... what... maybe 2 characters that could even be seriously considered to be in the game. Everybody else has the following problems, ownership, likeness, asesthetics in the game, Rated T for Teen/M for mature to name but a few.

I wish there was a way to tell how many people who had voted actually owned ASRT because right now it's just pure raw data and theres no way you can refine it, the irony is whilst 1000 votes was the said target, it's most likely that the ones which are under 800 votes have a larger percentage of unique ASRT owners voting in them.

• Thumbs Up 3

Can't overly argue with you there godfather, I mean oddly enough the main guy decided to add fang at the last minute to counter miku, (though he did oddly add Ecco at the last minute), however just cause the competition is messed up doesnt mean its less valid, we do have a chance with fang/Nack here, lets take advantage of it

Hey Hogfather, if you feel so strongly about it, why dont you do a final week update/criticism article about, just a thought

Edited by Mandobardanjusik

You know what I didn't notice until now... which we can also add to how badly organised this is.

Fang isn't even in the openning post of the voting topic, despite the fact he was included by the op of that topic.

however just cause the competition is messed up doesnt mean its less valid

Fang currently has 249 votes. Can you tell me how many of those actually own ASRT? If the answer is anything other than no, can you also do the same for the ones which have over 1000 votes, then maybe we can take a percentage of those who actually have ASRT which gives us an indication as to the numbers who will buy the DLC if it actually did get made... .. .. .

But... we can't do that... because the votes are blind, theres no way to tell who just voted because they wanted the character to win, and those who actually would download the character. And yes, I have seen countless examples of this happening around the various websites covering this.

we do have a chance with fang/Nack here, lets take advantage of it

We already did.

ok, thats true, however that poll was kinda small scale and localized, a large petition doesnt hurt either

oh and I asked TB about why he isnt on the front page to TB, haven't gotten a response yet, think it might be related to the fact they originaly decided to not add sonic characters to the compeititon, then TB just decided to go ahead to add it, cause the Miku petition was kinda breaking another decision.... yeah you are right this compeittion is pretty messed up, honestly the character I would like to see, but sadly proably wont is Sketch Turner. Well at least Vectorman has a decent chance

oh, and it is at 250, but for some reason its being buggy, and isnt adding the final signature, despite the comment showing up(I wonder if change.org has cut off any other signatures due to a bug....?)

It's hilarious watching everyone else who's getting involved get into such a tizzy.

The backlash that'll likely result though? Eh...not so funny.

• Thumbs Up 1

umm 2, but the blogosphere has been buzzing over it, and we have a chance IF we can rally the sonic fangbase, whcich I have been trying to do since the petition was put up 3 days ago, though honestly for the very short time we have had it has been going at a decent rate, however its not enough, we need to give this a turbo boost

the ask nack guy put up a petition facebook page, so you could proably spread this around http://www.facebook....eSniperPetition

apparently mobilizing the sonic fan communitty is more difficult than I thought, been trying for the past couple days, someone willing to give me a hand

oh yeah he is at 264 signatures, which for 3 days isnt bad, imagine if he had been at it the entire time, however this isnt over yet.

ok so sorry to double post, though it has been several hours, so fang/nack just passed 300 and is climbing!

also from the ask fang blog, he gave permission to post this around, so you guys show some symphathy for the guy

tumblr_me5id3qWvC1r6fqqno1_1280.png

its been 16 years since his last game appearance sad.png

but the communitty is starting to mobilize finally, hopefully its not too late

300 is a push, still need 700 votes in less than 2 days now i don't think it's do-able :/ good luck though.

actualy, its near 400 now, and we have one last pool of untapped votes to hit, however it kinda needs someone with a deviantart account

Way too many people are treating this as absolute fact. That the characters will be rendered shortly after the votes get counted. That we will all get free hats crafted by aliens and signed by Zeus himself! That the tears of various fanboys and fangirls produced will be used to power a device to circumvent starvation in the third world...!

e71.gif

I would fucking love Fang, Blaze Fielding and Selvaria (Ahahaha... yeah). Sadly I'm aware that I enjoy obscure shit so I'm not even going to get excited by them getting votes or not, honestly.

Fang didn't meet the votes for First 4 figures either. Did enjoy playing him in Fighters yesterday though for the seven or so minutes it took to 100% it...

"HEY GUYS! WANNA WASTE YOUR VOTES ON ME?!" ~ Hatsune Miku

e330f0c3f923a4df9b467505dbfd31e7.jpg

I honestly don't mind about Miku either way but that picture is a fitting metaphor for the situation.

Edited by Andrew Albacia
  • Thumbs Up 1

Hi Mando (hope it's ok to call you that!), I have shared the Facebook page on my own wall and I while I do have a DeviantArt account, I'm not really well-known as I haven't been happy with anything I've drawn really. tongue.png That said, it's at your disposal if you need it. I campaigned my tush off to get F4F to make a Fang statue (mostly for Andy but I began to like the guy myself over time, he's a pretty cool guy, eh shoots corks and doesn't afraid of anything) so I'm no stranger to this!

EDIT:

Way too many people are treating this as absolute fact. That the characters will be rendered shortly after the votes get counted. That we will all get free hats crafted by aliens and signed by Zeus himself! That the tears of various fanboys and fangirls produced will be used to power a device to circumvent starvation in the third world...!

It's times like this I'm grateful for being happy with playing as Sonic, I can actually keep a level head! biggrin.pngwink.png

Edited by Heybunny
  • Thumbs Up 1

nice metaphor...ish, however she may still be NUKED by sumo

HeyBunny, thanks for the offer, however I ended up just making an account myself, and I may have sent notes to the sonicfreaks-united, and to 2 or 3 of thier top people, hope it gets through

if it does, and all the watchers of the group gets notified, we could get anywhere fromm 100-several 1000 votes

• Thumbs Up 1

Putting Miku in the game would be a fantastic business decision for SEGA and Sumo.

SEGA could advertise the Japanese version of Sonic All Stars Racing Transformed with a focus of Miku. Put a big focus on her in TV commercials and make public adverts with Miku and the Sonic crew. It would be similar to slapping Mario on top of a game to make it sell to a certain crowd. Nintendo did this to boost Gamecube software sales and has done it again with Tekken Tag Tournament 2 for the Wii U and Scribblenauts Unlimited. Funny too because both those games had commercials featuring Mario, Zelda, and more.

Also, would it really be that hard for SEGA to get rights to Miku?

SEGA got Hatsune Miku in Phantasy Star Online 2, and the crowd was HUUUGE. She has a big following as seen in the video. Also, she appears via an exclusive costume set in PSO2.

I'm pretty sure SEGA could easily gain access to Miku. In the end, it would only further boost sales of the game. Is anyone on the fence of getting the game just for Ristar? I can assure you there are people on the fence for characters like Miku. Japan would also see a huge sales increase based on Miku alone. Licenses are big and guest characters like Hatsune Miku can be a big sales changer. She has a strong following worldwide too so lets not forget that either.

I'm not saying that I really want her in the game. I'm just looking past all the bashing towards her and looking at the sunny side. What good could come out of this? More $$$ for SEGA and more sales? What if Miku LAUNCHED with Japanese copies?

And honestly, at least I'm not seeing any annoying fans clobbering me to vote for her. Bash her all you want, but I'd rather vote for her than "VOTE XXX CHARACTER" in my face in 30 threads.

References for huge Miku following in Japan

First week sales of games

Hatsune Miku: Project Diva (2009) – 101,414

Hatsune Miku: Project Diva 2nd (2010) – 241,467

Hatsune Miku: Project Diva Extend (2011) – 184,673

Edited by Autosaver
  • Thumbs Up 1