Awoo.

The Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword

PSI Wind

It's a shame about no online in NSMBWii. I can understand the Wii having a lot to handle*, but why not make online just be 2-player or something? Oh well.

New Wii Zelda is good news... I like that they fiddle with the style for each game. Keeps it fresh.

And ha, for a second I thought he was genuinely thinking of making "Wii Murder Mystery" and setting it on the Wii Fit Island. o_o I can understand his like for the island mind you. Jogging on Wii Fit is fun... it's a good island.

*Well, actually I can't. It can handle 12-player Mario Kart with no lag at the best of times and a little bit of lag at the worst, so I wonder how a 2D game with four players is too much?

Edited by JezMM

Zelda talk? :o:o:o

*Reads*

Let's see what we can garner:

- MotionPlus exclusivity, even bundling, is well within the realms of possibility.

- Wii Sports Resort's Archery and Swordplay games are very similar to their Zelda Wii equivalents; as Miyamoto is involved in both projects they'll definitely work in the same way

- It's going to be "realistic". Where's my Wind Waker 2.0? The DS games are nice but they aren't nearly as smooth and yummy as on the GCN. :(

- The plot of the game has been finished.

- Miyamoto admits that, if they wanted, they could've prepared a Zelda Wii teaser for us this year, and that there is a strong possibility we might see it next year (not a cast iron guarantee though!). Miyamoto doesn't show what he thinks isn't ready to be shown. Release in 2010-2011?

Apparently the Zelda Wii artwork was already leaked a bit early...

1.jpg

*squints*

Yay for realistic adult Link again! :D Since he says the game might be releasing next year maybe we'll get a trailer at the Oct. Nintendo conference.

I think 2011 release. 2010 is already sounding WAY too good. They can't make it better, it's impossible, so 2011 is probably a better idea.

Plot is finished already? I'm still really worried about the plot... I just hope it's not more of the same, I really want to be surprised at every turn, or for something as sinister and twisted as Majora's Mask...

Ooh... Nice. And frankly, I -far- prefer realistic Link to cartoony Link. Awesome thus far! Haven't heard much yet, but I like how its sounding.

^ I hate these statements. "OMG! NEW ZELDA!" "NO! ITS "REALISTIC"!(you didn't say this) WORST GAME EVER!!!!" Just enjoy what you have. We haven't even seen a single screenshot.

Does it matter what it looks like? I mean really who gives a shit?

I'm more interested in how in plays, dudes. Will it be OOT3? Or something differant like Majora's Mask?

I'm hoping for another odd one like Majora, personally but I don't know if Nintendo will bother, it seems the classic formula still sells.

^ I hate these statements. "OMG! NEW ZELDA!" "NO! ITS "REALISTIC"!(you didn't say this) WORST GAME EVER!!!!" Just enjoy what you have. We haven't even seen a single screenshot.

Not really seeing as I never was a Zelda fan to begin with and the only Zelda game I really liked was Wind Waker and I couldn't give a toss about the other Zelda games <:

Not cause of the graphics but cause of the overall structure and style being much more interesting than Twilight Princess which I put down after 20 hours of playing, I still find it a disappointment. Zelda Wind Waker had me playing through; three times even.

Like Ashur, I want another Wind Waker esque game on the big consoles. I find it sad that it's just dumbed down to the DS. It deserves more than that, so much more.

Also calm down with your post ADHD's seriously.

Edited by Otsego Rotom

6:22 p.m.: Wii's added processing power enables Nintendo to create this kind of multiplayer game because the console can handle all four players plus additional on-screen characters, etc.

8:23

Miyamoto says that every project they do pushes the wiis limits. That's what they do.

8:22

New super mario brow wii can't support online because is using up all of the wiis processing power

:lol: :lol: :lol:

almost fell out of my chair from laughing so hard when reading those lastnight.

^ Theres 80+ lvls. I think its fine without Online. Not all current Co-op games have online.

To be fair it is a bit ridiculous. The game looks pretty bad visually. Brawl is online. What about this game could possibly remove the ability for online? Whatever it is, perhaps it was better it didn't have that, because a statement like that makes it sounds ridiculous, no matter how truthful it may be.

So I'm going to remain disappointed on the lack of online until they tell us what we have "instead".

I don't think it's the visuals.

Look at the demo footage. A lot was going at once, and that's just the first level. Lets pretend that later levels get even more hetic, maybe with a ton of enemies on screen, players, moving traps and obstacles, items, platforms, a lot of chaos all at once...

Stuff like that is what pushes processing power, not the visuals.

It's really a shame, this could be a fun little title to play, but due to proper lack of TLC that Nintendo usually give their games, it will be nothing more than a simply okay multiplayer game to play. With a better art style that doesn't directly use graphics from the DS game and actual online play, this could of been something special, but is instead just "okay" at best.

I don't think it's the visuals.

Look at the demo footage. A lot was going at once, and that's just the first level. Lets pretend that later levels get even more hetic, maybe with a ton of enemies on screen, players, moving traps and obstacles, items, platforms, a lot of chaos all at once...

Stuff like that is what pushes processing power, not the visuals.

Nothing about that game is pushing the Wii, unless the Wii really is that pathetic. Ive seen way more complex games on GameCube, is the Wii a PS2? LOL Honestly, all Wii games should be more impressive then GameCube games... and right now that's not the case at all.

There is a reason. I'm certain of it.

But I refuse to believe that this can't be online because it has too much going on. Mario Bros games use one or two buttons, Smash Bros uses the whole controller. Four players, generally high quality models and animated backgrounds... seriously, I don't understand what this has that Brawl doesn't. It doesn't make sense to me.

I think it's just laziness, personally. Nintendo want this game out fast for the holidays as a quick cash pick-up, and nothing more, and they wouldn't want to delay such a profitable holiday game just to please whiney fans. Not that I don't want online in this, I'd love to play this game online, but Nintendo are thinking money first, quality second here.

I don't even really care that it isn't online. For the most part Nintendo's online set up sucks, and this is the type of game where lag can really fuck you over. There was a time when people could enjoy games without playing them online. Now all anyone does is bitch when it's not included in every single game.

I'm still going to have a blast with this game. By myself or with a few buddies ala Four Swords. :D

Hay guys look what GiantMainProtagonist found, then showed me. 8D

LEAK.jpg

Low quality, but it's proof that it happened.

EDIT: owait, I should learn to read topics. xD I see a smaller version already leaked...

Edited by Sandslash

Nothing about that game is pushing the Wii, unless the Wii really is that pathetic. Ive seen way more complex games on GameCube, is the Wii a PS2? LOL Honestly, all Wii games should be more impressive then GameCube games... and right now that's not the case at all.

I like it how you've only seen 7 minutes of gameplay on one level and already judge it out to be a 200-megabyte effort of lazyass

Also the Wii is just a GC in another shell with motion sensors. You who constantly bicker over the Wii's shitty capabilities should know this. Mario Galaxy could easily be ported to the GameCube. The only game that can't be ported to a GameCube would be Brawl cause of Dual-Layer Disc DVD.

Edited by Otsego Rotom

Of course, nobody in their right mind would port SMG to the GCN, because there's nothing to be gained by doing so.

Of course, nobody in their right mind would port SMG to the GCN, because there's nothing to be gained by doing so.

Obviously, I just took it up as spec capabilities.

New Screenshots.

newsupermario184564.jpg

newsupermario184565.jpg

newsupermario184566.jpg

newsupermario184567.jpg

newsupermario184568.jpg

newsupermario184569.jpg

newsupermario184570.jpg

newsupermario184571.jpg

newsupermario184572.jpg

newsupermario184573.jpg

Tag along power-ups? Totally sweet.

FUCK YEAH YOSHI

Edited by Otsego Rotom

That actually looks really nice, could become a hit with families looking for some cheap (which isn't necessarily bad) fun. I'd buy it, but it isn't online and I don't have people to play with here. :(