Awoo.

The Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword

PSI Wind

New screenshots look awesome. I thought they exhausted every possible idea in NSMB's stages, but screen covering enemies, lighting related puzzles and of course, Yoshi...

This game is gonna be very fresh despite the familiar graphics.

I foresee this becoming the Zelda: Four Swords of the Mario world. There's literally no way this game can't succeed at gathering a following from both the "core" and "non-gamer" audiences, all it needs is a decent marketing budget and I see that coming easily for Nintendo's mascot franchise.

Funny you should mention that. When I saw the trailer at the start of the conference, and saw all those Mushrooms come out at once, the first thing I thought was "Four Swords Mario!"

Really can't wait to see more characters. Want Wario, Peach and Daisy to be playable plz.

I guess Yoshi won't be playable... seeing as he's already rideable... oh well :(

Oh, and personally I think this is fake, but apparantly it's "leaked concept art"

zeldacart.jpg

Does it look like the same image as the one above? Also, Link has a beard!

That looks nothing like the Zelda team's art style, it's just a poor fake. There's no way a journalist could have got close enough to take a picture of that quality. That, and it doesn't match Eurogamer's description at all. It's a single pale blue-dressed figure sort of in front of Link with a helmet, and the Zelda logo at the bottom..

The blurry tiny pic posted before is far more likely to be have taken on the sly with a crappy mobile phone cam.

While talking about Wii Zelda when Miyamoto said "We might release it next year, or a little later" was he talking about the game or the first info/trailer for the game? I don't think I can wait another whole year for a trailer. If he did infact mean that Zelda Wii could release late next year then is it safe to assume that the Nintendo Oct. conference this year could be our first look at the game?

He did mention wanting to show it at E3 and that it was pretty far in production. I really hope they give us a trailer at the Oct. conference but I fear they will not. Please oh please give us a trailer at the Oct. conference Nintendo.

^ It will. If its that far in production, 1st trailer & MAYBE a playable demo will be at Oct. Conference. And if it does get released next year. Nintendos year is 2010. SMG 2, Zelda Wii, Metroid: Other M, and Pokemon HG & SS's US Release, & maybe more. I don't think Microsoft & Sony can do that good.

While it's obviously never easy to tell exactly what Miyamoto means, I took it to mean that he thought that next year would see the first major unveiling of Zelda Wii, but frankly with him anything's possible so I wouldn't rule out an 09 reveal. That said, I wouldn't expect or hope for it this year.

^ It will. If its that far in production, 1st trailer & MAYBE a playable demo will be at Oct. Conference. And if it does get released next year. Nintendos year is 2010. SMG 2, Zelda Wii, Metroid: Other M, and Pokemon HG & SS's US Release, & maybe more. I don't think Microsoft & Sony can do that good.

I am pretty sure they can. Just because these are Nintendo properties that fans of Nintendo are looking forward to, doesn't cancel out the quality of all the awesome titles coming out next year for the other systems =P.

Its definitely nice though that they are bringing more of their core franchises out of hibernation. About time haha.

I'm hoping that Zelda is officially announced before next year, and released late next year to early 2011, but that probably won't happen. It might though, since Miyamoto was so eager that they could show the game this E3, I wouldn't be too surprised to see it at the October conference.

I wonder if the new Wii Zelda though will end up being pushed over to their next-generation systems just like Twilight Princess was. I mean, a proper Zelda game on the Wii hasn't been released yet and the fact that there might be a reveal next year (in 2010) means I have a feeling that it might end up going the Twilight Princess route. I have a feeling Nintendo will probably have a new system for around 2012 anyway, since I'm going to guess that the 360 and PS3 successors will also come around that time (regardless of what they are saying).

I mean, they are talking about 10 year cycles, but that is just for supporting those platforms. The PS2 is fitting into the 10 year cycle, and the PS3 came out before the 10 years was even over I think. Which means that MS and Sony might still support their current gen systems while simultaneously releasing a new one. Just a thought =P

This is a ground up Wii game, it'll likely use MotionPlus, and with the Wii doing so well and Sony/MS bringing out generation-extending motion tech, I can't see this game being "another Twilight Princess" simply because I don't think the next gen is even gonna be talked about now until 2013-ish at the earliest. The longer the Big 3 can go without the expense of launching new systems and such, the better for them (more time to profit from this gen) and the better for us (devs will have to make the most of the hardware available).

I don't want to wait until next year to see the game in motion. :[ They have to do something big for the Oct. conference, don't they? Zelda seems like it would be the most likely new game to be shown but I don't want to get my hopes up.

dang i really wish that zelda art wasnt shown behind closed doors i really wanted to se-HOLY SHIT

119q7nt.jpg

From the reports I was expecting something more drastic. Instead, this looks just like OOT Link and on a whole just looks terribly generic. If this is the real artwork I'm going to be very sad =/. For something that was supposed to be different from previous Link's (they made him sound way older!) I am very let down. I think I'd have to see a trailer of the game to make a proper judgement of course.

Edit: Just to clarify too, I absolutely love the Zelda games but I feel as of late they are beginning to all look alike and all of them are starting to feel a bit stale for me =(

Edited by Sandshrew

Fear of a bearded Link has been averted.

Also, how can Miyamoto deny that this isn't TP Link? It's totally him.... unless they're reusing more than just Toon Link's design now... which I hope isn't the case. Up until now, almost every Link had some sort of difference in appearance.

...THAT GIRL!!! IT'S THE QUEEN FAIRY FROM WIND WAKER!!!

Queen.png

Looks just like her!

Pfft, this is great... they say they're going to make Link a bit more mature, then pull a Sonic '06 and just make him taller instead. REAL smooth. <_<

Also, minor detail nitpick here. It seems Link is not wearing a sword yet. That's odd.

...THAT GIRL!!! IT'S THE QUEEN FAIRY FROM WIND WAKER!!!
...I dunno, it looked more like one of the TP Zoras to me. Especially the head. Wasn't there a

dead

Zora in TP that had a "hair"style exactly like that?

Both are interesting possibilities though.

Edited by Loudred

Wait wait, that wasn't what I meant. I must have worded it badly. I was just using her as an example for the sake of comparison. All I was trying to point out is that she could be some ordinary Zora for all we know.

Also, on the topic if you saying he has no sword:

1244170672695.jpg

If this is true, my mind has officially been blown.

Why is Link's shield on his left hand? PFFFFff

The artwork is really nice and the sword comparison is hilarious. XD

Why is Link's shield on his left hand? PFFFFff

The artwork is really nice and the sword comparison is hilarious. XD

For the same reason the switch in Twilight Princess. Because most players are right handed, right handed controls are developed. I'd love to see a lefty mode where all the characters are flipped to keep combat right, and of course fans who are being picky happy. XD