Awoo.

Single File games

KHCast

Yeah we all know about these. Single file games are the games that only have one save file to use for the entirety of the game. A lot of games I'm not gonna lie annoy me when they use this. Games like Pokemon I can understand due to it's size, But when something like Resident Evil Mercenaries(god this game) Only use one PLUS taking away the ability to delete the file, I get pissed. They really are a hit or miss for me. A lot of times I find them really useless, while other times I can understand the reason for them being there. As long as it's not a game where I'd miss something and couldn't come back to it after it saves or something, or changes the results of the game and I don't want it like that, I'm fine. What are your thoughts on Single file games?

• Thumbs Up 2

What I really, really hate is when a save file is tethered to your 360 profile or something to the same effect. You can have as many save files as you like, you just have to create a new profile each time. What's the point? When the same game exists on Wii, you're normally given numerous save slots. It's annoying.

Edited by Blue Blood
  • Thumbs Up 4

What I really, really hate is when a save file is tethered to your 360 profile or something to the save effect. You can have as many save files as you like, you just have to create a new profile each time. What's the point? When the same game exists on Wii, you're normally given numerous save slots. It's annoying.

Like what Square enix or Bethesda do with their games and have like 99 save slots?

Handheld Sonic games got on my nerves for that reason.

Eh, I never really cared since Sonic never had any real storyline. I wouldn't mind everything being unlocked from the start.

Games with only one save file are bad enough - how about games with only one save file which require you to delete everything if you want to start over? With Pokemon it was understandable to start with but by now they should've realized that needing two copies of the game just to safeguard your original party (or your entire Pokedex, as the case may be) is just being needlessly fucking obtuse. And then there's absolutely unforgivable shit like the way Sonic '06 handled it - there's no "New Game" option or any ingame means of starting the story mode anew, so in order to experience the story again you have to go back to the dashboard, find your '06 data and wipe everything - including ranks, medals and times - from the hard drive. Why anyone should ever have to choose between keeping 100% completion progress or the ability to experience the story fresh, frankly, is something that I'll probably never fucking find out.

• Thumbs Up 8

Any game with one file makes me annoyed about that for that reason, I have a brother and we've always shared games, we're both huge gamers. With Pokémon it's usually ok since we get one each anyway (but that's no excuse Pokémon really needs more files)

To be honest, games should come with save files as standard, no one in the entire world likes games only having one save file. Can you imagine design board meetings?

"So to top off this fantastic game it's only gonna have one save file"

"WOW SIR WHAT AN AMAZING DESIGN CHOICE GOTY 2012 9.0/10 IT'S OKAY EDITOR'S CHOICE"

• Thumbs Up 3

I HAAAAAAAAAAAAATE one save file games.

They bother me to no end.

"HEY DUDE I WANNA LEND YOU MY GAME"

"I CAN'T TAKE IT BECAUSE IT ONLY HAS ONE SAVE FILE AND I DON'T WANNA OVERWRITE YOURS"

"GEE THAT SUCKS BUT I APPRECIATE YOUR CONCERN"

• Thumbs Up 3

Oh yeah, As much as I loved Unleashed, I hated that you only got one save file. Something the Wii version beat the 360 one in because it had THREE.

Even fucking Kingdom Hearts has the courtesy to put at least 2 save files in their DS games. Nintendo not having done this by now is inexcusable.

• Thumbs Up 5

Even fucking Kingdom Hearts has the courtesy to put at least 2 save files in their DS games. Nintendo not having done this by now is inexcusable.

The worst part is, there are many Nintendo games that have multiple save files. The Mario games, Kid Icarus: Uprising, and DKCR come to mind. If they can have them, why can't the other games?

Edited by Cola
  • Thumbs Up 3

The worst part is, there are many Nintendo games that have multiple save files. The Mario games, Kid Icarus: Uprising, and DKCR come to mind. If they can have them, why can't the other games?

I think it's that whole "tradition" thing Nintendo likes to hold on to for dear life.

It's the same reason the New Super Mario games haven't gone anywhere.

Oh, and here's the best part. Black and White 2 has a HARD mode after you beat the game, which means multiples saves are possible, but they just wont fucking do it.

• Thumbs Up 2

I think because GameFreak isn't an internal Nintendo developer, they have a slightly different development philosophy from the one you usually expect from Nintendo.

EDIT: and what Aang just said about ~precious tradition~

Edited by SuperLink
  • Thumbs Up 1

Guys I hope you don't genuinely think filesize is the reason Pokémon only has one save file. Of COURSE they want every person in the household to have their own copy.

But yeah it is really annoying. All games should have AT LEAST two files, even on profile systems - one to remain complete and one to replay the game. That's all the average user needs.

To be honest my favourite save system ever was on Perfect Dark for the N64. You got four save files in the game pak, and if you wanted more, you could use a memory pak and have as many as you like. I wish more games just let gave you as many save files as you can fit on your system, and saved each one individually. Like geez, Sonic Heroes had 99! And then Sonic 2006 has one that you can't even delete without entering your data management settings on the 360 dashboard. How does this happen.

• Thumbs Up 7

Having a single save file in Hell Yeah! Wrath of the Dead Rabbit is annoying because once you kill all 100 main monsters and complete all the missions there is shit all to do and starting a new game requires you to start from the beginning with nothing at all. The game would have been great with a New Game+ or something to that effect.

Pokemon should have more then one fucking profile by now.

I shouldn't have to share this shit with my brother.

Its to encourage people to buy both versions of the games, and to prevent cheating and stuff.

• Thumbs Up 1

The single save file thing is pretty much the sole reason I haven't gone running around town looking for The World Ends With You yet, I mean, when you have siblings that like games, getting a game with one save file only is a bit redundant.

The single save file thing is pretty much the sole reason I haven't gone running around town looking for The World Ends With You yet, I mean, when you have siblings that like games, getting a game with one save file only is a bit redundant.

Games like TWEWY, 999, FF: 4 Warriors of Light and Pokémon Conquest are the main reasons I got a DSi Action Replay

it lets you swap files around n stuff.

Still annoyed that Virtue's Last Reward only has one file, first 3DS game to have this issue.

• Thumbs Up 1

Sharing your games with... siblings?

What.

What.

It's either that or deal with their bitching.

Oh god the bitching.

• Thumbs Up 7

yeah I never bought fully the dada limit for pokemon The old gb ones sure. But that all past once GBA released. Lots of games nintendo have use more save slots. Games bigger than Pokemon do as well. The Kingdom hearts saving system is how i'd like to see games done.

Also what about fighting games? Are they any different?

<p>

<br />

What.

Why do you think I have a wii I have to share my wii games (which my sister could care less about finally) Now when my sister was younger her game with me was sonic riders on the ps2.

Edited by Ultimate Lifeform Claus

I can relate to all the lamenting over Sonic 06, forcing me to go into the harddrive. What's more, because I went in through the hard drive, it may have deleted my brother's save of the game as well (which he was okay with if that happened, but it's still ridiculous.) I shouldn't have to make another fucking profile just because I'm insane enough to want to play Sonic 06 multiple times. And what's worse, I'm going to have to do this again if I ever decide to do an LP of the game.

Pokemon is the other main one. Sure my brother and I always buy the opposite versions, but unless I have to have two games from the same gen that I can trade my stuff between, it sucks always being stuck with a single save file. And even then, it means I have to say, transfer everything from Pearl to Soulsilver in order to start a new Pearl save file, but then I basically have to beat Pearl a second time over to trade everything back to that if I decide I want to start a new Soulsilver file. I know Pokemon is fun and all, but that's something they should really fix.

...oh who am I kidding, I barely get through the first run of any pokemon game before I get bored.

Why the FUCK haven't Pokemon games been given more than one save by now? It's been one of the biggest complaints since the very fucking start.

And you know what's worse? Event pokemon get erased along with your save file. That is horseshit to the highest degree, and why I never bother with event Pokemon anymore. R.I.P. Deoxys.

It's fucking bullshit and I hate it.

Edited by Underaged Hot Anime Girl
  • Thumbs Up 7