Awoo.

Star Wars

This is pretty awesome:

and it left one plothole (I remember my mother, says Leia even though she saw her for like a minute as a baby) but still I really enjoyed this one. Obi Wan came off the best he ever will, I almost wish the series was about him.

She could feel her mother's emotions through the force during the pregancy, I believe. It was stated somewhere, but I can't remember where. Her saying she was beautiful probably also came from the force, ut I dunno..

• Thumbs Up 3

This is pretty awesome:

^Indeed! I watched that trailer last night. I'm so looking forward to enjoying all of those action-packed episodes on DVDs once I get a real salary. Heheh. This certainly provides a good motivational incentive for me to work hard. :D

Oh, and about Leia being able to remember about her mother in Episode 6.... That always had me wondering as well. The only explanation/hypothesis which seems to make any sense is that the midichlorians in Padme's uterus were able to convey thoughts and feelings to the developing fetuses. And perhaps the female fetus is more prone to this than the male fetus. That would explain why Luke lacked any memories while Leia had them.

That one has always been a puzzle, really. 

This is pretty awesome:

She could feel her mother's emotions through the force during the pregancy, I believe. It was stated somewhere, but I can't remember where. Her saying she was beautiful probably also came from the force, ut I dunno..

That was one awesome video. Very well put together, especially with the music in each scene.

To bad the 100th episode was underwhelming like the rest of the arc has been, though I did like Gregor's scenes.

To bad the 100th episode was underwhelming like the rest of the arc has been, though I did like Gregor's scenes.

I agree wholeheartedly. The episode was pretty boring except for Gregor's scenes.

The 100th episode was alright, but definitely the best of the droid arc so far. With the exception of Revival I think season 5 at this point had good ideas but were dragged out too long.

Thank goodness there's only one more episode and then it's onto Maul/Death Watch. There was a cover photo on the Clone Wars' Facebook page a while back (should be on Google image search too, just don't want to get in trouble for hotlinking) that had a bunch of characters on an image that said "Who Will Fall?" Maul, Savage, Duchess Satine, and Pre Visla were on there among others so we may get four major deaths in one arc. I wouldn't be surprised if all the characters on there die as a testament to how dark the show has gotten. Plus we're getting ever closer to Revenge of the Sith.

I still don't know specifically which episode is the 100th one, but last night I managed to find one of the episodes of the 5th season uploaded in 2 parts to someone's YouTube channel. This episode that I found was about R2D2 and a squad of around 4 other Republican droids on a mission to infiltrate a Separatist  droid ship to steal some kind of encryption equipment.

I enjoyed this particular episode because it was very hilarious in demonstrating how dimwitted droids can be by never suspecting their own kind as being an enemy which needs to be captured. And the amphibian-looking Kernel who commanded the Republican droid squad was one of the largest contributions to the humour of the universe that I've ever seen so far.

So this now makes it a total of 4 random episodes of the CGI Clone Wars that I was able to catch and fully watch. I'm gladly on the lookout for more. But the day when I actually buy this stuff at a store will eventually come.   

Edited by 188DarkRevived

Honestly the individual episodes may be slightly funny, but they aren't anywhere near entertaining enough to justify a four episode arc.

I'm surprised at all of the things we've discussed in this topic, we haven't discussed the music.

If I were listen to this song and nothing else for the rest of my life, I wouldn't mind. = p

Edited by Felix

>Wants to talk about Star Wars music

>Doesn't play Imperial March

Darth Maul I am dissapoint.

Seriously this like the most iconic piece of music ever.

Edited by Darth Sidious
  • Thumbs Up 2

I'm surprised at all of the things we've discussed in this topic, we haven't discussed the music.

To be honest, I've been planning to eventually nudge this thread into the soundtracks direction, but I don't have all the spare time in the world, and therefore you beat me to it.

Anyways, now that we're on it, I might as well gradually start sharing my favourite OSTs from the franchise.

To start it off, here is one:

^The part which I really love in this track starts at 2:30 and goes till the end. While the first half of the track is kinda boring.

Edited by 188DarkRevived

What's the general consensus here on Return Of The Jedi? It's actually my favorite film in the saga, tied with Empire.

ROTJ is my favourite film from the original trilogy because of the Ewoks and their contribution to victory, while ROTS is my favourite film from the prequel trilogy because I always wanted to see how Vader came to be.

What's the general consensus here on Return Of The Jedi? It's actually my favorite film in the saga, tied with Empire.

RotJ is my favorite Star Wars film. It has a story as good as the other movies in the original trilogy, while also having pure visual spectacles on pretty much the same level as the prequel movies.

RotJ is my favorite Star Wars film. It has a story as good as the other movies in the original trilogy, while also having pure visual spectacles on pretty much the same level as the prequel movies.

I agree. It also has my favorite ending of all the six films. Seeing Anakin seeing his son for the first and only time is just heart-wrenching.

Edited by Jar Jar Binks

I agree. It also has my favorite ending of all the six films. Seeing Anakin seeing his son for the first and only time is just heart-wrenching.

Yep, i agree. The point when Darth Vader finally lets the good thats left in him conquer the evil and saves his son from the Emperor is my favorite moment in the whole saga.

Speaking of which, do you think that scene worked better before the prequels came out, or does it work better now? I've been thinking a bit about this, because i think the scene gets a slightly different feel after one has seen the prequels. Before the prequels, we (because i asume its the same for most people) saw Vader as "an evil person with some small amout of good in him", and thus, his change of heart didnt feel completely obvious. This made him turning against the Emperor into a pretty big "OMG!" moment. Like, it felt like the guy could have allowed the evil in him to continue to rule. But after the prequels, when we see Vader more as "essentially a good person who was sedcued and overtaken by evil", him changing back to good feels more obvious, like it was bound to happen sooner or later. This might take away some of the effect of the scene. But of course, in another way, it might also make the scene more effectful, because during the build up with Luke begging his father to help him we in the audience are going like "come on Anakin, snap out of it! You are a good person, you are a Jedi, you are the chosen one! Follow you heart and do what you know is right! Dooooo iiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiit!!!!" ohmy.png

.... or something along those lines. tongue.png

Edited by batson
  • Thumbs Up 4

Looks like there's gonna be a Star Wars cartoon by the creators of Robot Chicken. Looks... interesting.

Errr... And now I'm gonna have images of a deformed Admiral Ackbar recording a hiphop video about traps stuck in my head. As well as being reminded of Princess Leia whenever I see either a chocolate-glazed donut at a café or a brown dumbbell at a sports utility outlet.

0_o

Speaking of which, do you think that scene worked better before the prequels came out, or does it work better now?

I think it works equally good regardless of which order you watched the movies in. And that's because, ever since I saw Vader for the very first time in Episode4 back when I was 8 years old, I immediately had a feeling that he's an old man with a long and complicated lifestory concealed behind that mask, and that his externally antagonistic appearance could really be misleading underneath.

Maybe I was the only one who felt this way back then, but it turned out to be the correct hunch. tongue.png

Edited by 188DarkRevived

Maybe I was the only one who felt this way back then, but it turned out to be the correct hunch. tongue.png

That's really interesting that you were so right about that fact after having only seen the first movie. As for me, my first SW movie was RotJ, so by the time i saw the first two films i already knew about Vaders inner goodness.

What would really be interesting to me is to hear the initial opinions/feelings of a person who first became acquainted with the series through Episode5: Empire Strikes Back... I bet that such a person would've been tempted to perceive Obi-Wan Kenobi as the villain who used some kind of scheme to separate Luke from his parents. And then they'd get totally surprised and shocked by watching all the other episodes.

That would've been quite an experience. wink.png

As far as fan-made music videos are concerned, I've personally crafted quite a few of those since 2010. Some of them got deleted due to the copyright patrol faggots for whom it's just not good enough to list proper credits without written permissions from the content owners.

And it's sad really, because some of those deleted videos had up to 20 likes and over 1000 views. *sigh*

Nonetheless, a few of my masterpieces have managed to survive the Order66 of the copyright owners, and become reborn on Dailymotion.

Here they are for your enjoyment:

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/xqxahj_star-wars-going-in-full-throttle-mv_shortfilms

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/xqxa7r_star-wars-chase-the-beef-mv_shortfilms

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/xqxa3q_star-wars-ruff-in-the-endor-jungle_videogames

I had at least 3 more. Specifically about Vader and the Sith. I tried my best to keep them online, but was threatened with lawsuits and shit. So this is all that's left. Those assholes.

Edited by 188DarkRevived