Awoo.

Star Wars

Rebels season 2 poster from Celebration:

7U1cQof.jpg

I know I said this about the Episode VII trailer, but holy shit [emoji43]

Very much do want!

Do we have an air date yet?

Also, those models and costumes are very cool, Patticus. Does this mean we're back to models for ships, like the original trilogy and The Phantom Menace (yes, they used models in that one too)? Or are they using a method similar to The Lord of the Rings were they built models of creatures like Gollum and the Balrog and scanned them to create the CGI model...? Either works for me.

Wow, I knew the first and second prequel used a lot of models and miniatures but I'm immensely surprised to see even Revenge of the Sith used them! Amazing. O_O

Urgh now I feel really bad for saying how CGI-heavy ROTS was and how artificial it looked. So sorry Lucas. <3

• Thumbs Up 4

Wow, I knew the first and second prequel used a lot of models and miniatures but I'm immensely surprised to see even Revenge of the Sith used them! Amazing.O_O

Urgh now I feel really bad now for saying how CGI-heavy ROTS was and how artificial it looked. So sorry Lucas. <3

I love the prequels and even I didn't realise that all three of them made good use of models. I only knew The Phantom Menace did because I saw many of them at the Star Wars exhibition in London back in 2007.

Rebels season 2 poster from Celebration:

7U1cQof.jpg

I know I said this about the Episode VII trailer, but holy shit [emoji43]

Am I the only one who finds this poster depressing?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Av8GjpGK98A

Trailer for Season 2 of Rebels!

• Thumbs Up 3

Most gripping and thrilling trailer to come out of Celebration so far?

Yes. I think so, yes.

That is amazing in the way it's presented. And we're getting hints at a deeper story from it.

Oh goddess... I think I need a cigarette after thar trailer... So much win... Can't wait for season 2!

• Thumbs Up 1

I'm not too big a fan of some of the character designs, but MAN was that trailer cool. I enjoyed the one or two episodes I actually watched too. I'll have to catch up on the series before season 2 releases, because I'm hyped.

Grandpas Rex and Hondo! [emoji1]

Also like that Ezra still has those scars from the season one finale.

And in one scene you can see Sabine sporting a new look.

And the masked inquisitor is totally Ventress!

I'm not too big a fan of some of the character designs, but MAN was that trailer cool. I enjoyed the one or two episodes I actually watched too. I'll have to catch up on the series before season 2 releases, because I'm hyped.

You definitely should. Season 1 was pretty fun from the start but it got really good later on (those last few episodes, dang), and from the looks of it S2'll take it even further.

One of these days I need to actually go back and watch some of the previous shows. For some reason, I never paid much attention to the non-movie Star Wars stuff until recently. I don't hate the prequels that much (at this point I barely even remember anything that happens in any of them aside from most of Phantom Menace (I watched it a lot as a kid, so...) and a bit from episode three) but they did kind of put me off the franchise for a long time, even the stuff that had positive word of mouth.

Pretty sure he means there's pretty much only one outcome for Ahsoka in a fight with Vader. And that's sad considering their relationship.

Pretty sure he means there's pretty much only one outcome for Ahsoka in a fight with Vader. And that's sad considering their relationship.

Exactly. Seriously, seeing them eventually fight is gonna hit like a brick wall.

Exactly. Seriously, seeing them eventually fight is gonna hit like a brick wall.

I suppose it will. But it's got to happen, really. I was expecting Ahsoka's death to happen in The Clone Wars some time myself. 

Anyways, this Rogue One film sounds interesting. It will be quite different to see a Star Wars film without any Jedi in it, focussing purely on rebels instead. Also, does this mean the gaps between the main instalments in the series will be plugged by these anthology films? If so, I guess that means we're getting new Star Wars every year now... I'm not complaining myself, but I bet some people will... Then again, it's Star Wars and it's not The Empire Strikes Back. Someone is always going to complain. 

Would the Death Star really loom so large in the sky?

Well, there's no official figure given for the exact size of the original Death Star, but sources generally suggest that it's between 120 and 160 kilometres in diameter. That's pretty small, actually, when you consider that the Earth's moon has an average diameter of 3474.2 kilometres and looks no bigger than a fingernail held at arm's length. Of course, the moon also orbits at a distance of between 362,600 and 405,400 kilometres. If it were close enough to look as big as the Death Star does in that trailer, it'd probably be because it's about to crash into the planet (unless it were orbiting insanely fast and creating all kinds of crazy tidal effects). The Death Star would, therefore, have to be even closer to the planet in the trailer to appear that big in the sky. But, remember, the Death Star is not a lump of solid rock like the moon, or even solid metal; it's mostly hollow, full of decks and compartments for the crew and engineering spaces big enough for small freighters to fly through. So the Death Star's mass is going to be nowhere near that of a moon of comparable size, which means it could probably orbit safely at a much closer distance, potentially close enough to take up half the sky like it does in that trailer. And, of course, a lot will also depend on the gravity of the planet it's orbiting. 

That, or it could just be rule of cool.  

Rogue One film sounds interesting, especially with the focus being on Rebels instead of Jedi. I only hope it doesn't come off as a generic sci-fi movie because of that.

Now where's my Boba Fett movie? =]

The Episode 7 trailer struck me as manipulative, trying to sucker me into a possibly bad movie by striking me with nostalgia for the originals using the old cast.  But god damn it, I'd be lying if I said it wasn't working on me. Really loved the teaser, the musical swell at 1:00 onwards gave me chills. John Williams still has it. 

Rouge One also could be interesting, but I'm not gonna get hyped until we know more about it. 

About the Vader scene in Rebels, apparently the entire season premiere has been previewed for a couple groups so how it ends is out there for anyone interested

Movie trailer was quite interesting. I have to say that I'm somewhat exited (which isn't easy to do) especially after liking the third prequel. I actually liked all three prequels althought I can easily say that second is my least favourite