Awoo.

Star Wars

I get what you mean about the politics being a bit too simple but I think some of your complaints are actually explained. For example, the Padme/Jar Jar thing is super easy because while Padme is a Senator, Jar Jar was a representative of Naboo. So that made him an official, it's not like he was a nobody tagging along. And it's not far fetched that he could make decisions when Padme was out of the picture, just like how we have laws for that and that no one needs to sign anything. Another thing is that he was not the deciding vote either, he simply proposed the vote on the Senate floor and the rest of the senators fell for Palpatine's trap. This happens in Episode 1 as well when Padme calls a vote to change the chancellor and we get an explanation that they're voting on it, not that hers was the deciding one. Also, it's kind of silly to say that they should've pressured Palpatine to ditch the clones at the end of Attack of the Clones since the crisis wasn't averted. In fact it got worse because now it was a full scale war. That's not even counting that the Jedi found out the truth about the clones later on during the war and chose to keep it a secret during TCW. Though by the Revenge of the Sith the council and some in the Senate were pressuring Palpatine to give back his powers but it was too late by then.

It's kind of an odd problem I have, that the politics themselves are too simple, but at the same time, the plots involving them get too complicated for their own good.

For example the whole Gungan and people of Naboo hating eachother was unnecessary, they could've just said ''We have a secret place with a few rebels, they can make a distraction while we enter the palace, instead we had a lot of set up for that subplot that led nowhere other than Jar Jar hijinks and the whole ''now our races are in peace'' uh... yay? I didn't even know you were at war.

I understand the political aspect of it is important to show how Palpatine got all his power, but if they had a smaller focus on it, just focusing on the most vital parts for the main plot, say, showing some of the political aspect, but the main focus still being the fight against the Sith, and Palpatine's master plan is in the end revealed as all those political scenes were connected in that they all played important parts on what gave him the political powers he had to just fuck shit up the way he did, it would've been perfect. But instead we had Phantom Menace focusing too much on all the politics of Naboo, when it wasn't focusing on Anakin's life, which in the end made it so Darth Maul, THE MAIN BAD GUY OF THE MOVIE, had two scenes in the entire thing. Memorable scenes, yeah, but still.

Then we had Attack of the Clones which dedicated 40% of it's plot to Political stuff, 50% to Anakin's creepy romantic escapades with Padme and 10% to actual Jedi stuff, in which we have one cool fight between Jango Fett and Obi Wan and a final fight that is pretty cool but just makes you wish the movies could've been more like that.

Revenge of the Sith honestly was the closest one to have a good balance, as most of the political scenes would be followed by action ones, and the one big political subplot here, Anakin working with Palpatine as a spy on the Jedi Council, had a point, making Anakin trust Palpatine more than the council, which worked and led to Palpatine's plan FINALLY coming to it's climax, leading to some of the best scenes in the entire franchise.

While I admit I'm probably being a whiny bitch complaining about this movie not having too many action scenes, I belive there should be a balance and focus on a movie, if the focus of the prequels is on the Jedi council, Anakin's evolution and the politics, then it should have a fine balance, while it was all over the place, with Politics in general always taking away most of the screentime, with Anakin's arc and the Jedi adventures fighting to gather the remains of screentime left.

Well, planning to finally watch all of the Clone Wars cartoons since it's on Netflix, so what was the whole recomended viewing order thing again? I know it's not a major deal, but figured I'd ask.

Still haven't watched Episode 7, nor am I in a rush either, I'll see it when I see it, avoided most info on it and only have seen 1 trailer for it either. So ya.

Say was thinking of asking this over in the very quiet Lego thread, but figured I'd ask about it here. Really want the Lego General Grievous Battle Figure, and the Darth Vader one, might consider grabbing the formers battle pack that includes Obi-wan, since there's a target in my nearest town. Has anyone gotten any of these? Commander Cody and Jango are kinda tempting but to a lesser extent, but they all look pretty solid and I know that when they stop being on shelves they'll rocket in price so it's kinda a do or never do thing. And thankfully the next wave for the upcoming year doesn't interest me since it's(sadly) all SW7 figures, despite still lacking a Han Solo and Boba Fett figures(since the latter can recycle a lot from Jango)... Heck Jabba the Hutt or Count Dooku would be sick, or better a Count Dooku and Yoda Pack(since the latter couldn't be a stand-alone really)

YES! not only did I manage to grab the last Grevious/Obi-wan dual pack at my nearest Target, but it was also was 15 bucks off at 25% off which was sweet!

It's not based on Force Awakens, but I feel this video does a good job pointing out a few of the mistakes that the original trilogy did make. They're a fantastic set of films, but they still screwed up in some aspects.

• 3 weeks later...

Wow, guess that means I'll be watching a film round my birthday for six years straight.  That's pretty cool, but it would've been good to see it make the 40th anniversary.

On 12/24/2015 at 10:44 PM, goku262002 said:

Yeah so de-railing from the Episode 7 talk:

George Lucas is an idiot.

Also I wonder if BF3 will ever be leaked or found 1 day? a 99% build is just begging for it to be released online someday soon.

what did I say? WHAT DID I SAY?!?

Boo ya!!

Star Wars Battlefront III Prototype Apparently Leaks (Kotaku)

Shame that Episode 8 got delayed...

Ah well, I can wait. There's probably gonna be other things to be hyped about in the meantime.

Since I figured they were replacing Tolkien as the new Christmas movie series, I wasn't even aware that they were figuring May in as a release date.

Color me unfazed.

• Thumbs Up 1

May would've been a great release date, but it's good that they want to take their time in making this a worthy, possibly even superior sequel to TFA.

You know, I don't think I've actually posted my review here for TFA. I've seen it twice now and I can honestly say, I thought it was very good! My only complaints are that yes, it does feel like it takes way too much from ANH with the First Order = Empire, Starkiller = Death Star etc and characters like Captain Phasma were a waste of potential...but I was still entertained. The CGI and visual effects are used in a great way unlike the Prequels, seeing the old cast made me smile and I absolutely adore the new cast of characters! Seriously, fuck the people who say Rey is a Mary-Sue because it is utter BS.

But I think Kylo Ren is a true stand out in the cast. Badass design and lightsabre aside, his personality is so interesting and I want to know what this guy was like before he turned to the Dark Side. He seems all powerful in the Force and while his lightsabre skills are good, he is obviously not good at

Spoiler

fighting people who use the good side of the Force like Rey.

They way he acts is brilliant too; he thinks he's so cool but really he is just a whiny, bad tempered kid. THIS is what Anakin was supposed to act like in the Prequels, not a robot!

Overall, I'd probably give this an 8/10. It wasn't perfect, but it was very good, entertaining and I had a great time at the cinema! Bring on the rest of this trilogy. Oh, the music was pretty good too after a couple of listens. And yes,

Spoiler

Han Solo dying at the hands of Ben was sad but I didn't cry. In fact that whole scene I was anticipating it to happen, argh.

Now it's December each film will release?

While I'd be lying if I said it's not a shame to get Episode VIII sooner, at the same time, I'm happy they have more time to make it good.

On 1/24/2016 at 4:18 PM, SurrealBrain said:

Now it's December each film will release?

While I'd be lying if I said it's not a shame to get Episode VIII sooner, at the same time, I'm happy they have more time to make it good.

Looks that way, but I agree with you. I'm glad that we have Rogue One to tie us over in the meantime. Not to mention I've been going through The Clone Wars lately and I'm on season 4, it's nice to know that I have Rebels to look forward to after that as well.

• Thumbs Up 1

22 hours ago, krazystitch said:

Looks that way, but I agree with you. I'm glad that we have Rogue One to tie us over in the meantime. Not to mention I've been going through The Clone Wars lately and I'm on season 4, it's nice to know that I have Rebels to look forward to after that as well.

That's exactly what I'm doing! I'm currently watching The Clone Wars (in chronological order) and then I'll move on to Rebels. I need more Star Wars in my life!

• Thumbs Up 1

25 minutes ago, Gabz Girl said:

That's exactly what I'm doing! I'm currently watching The Clone Wars (in chronological order) and then I'll move on to Rebels. I need more Star Wars in my life!

Haha, chronological order for me too! Seems like the best way to watch it.

I'm planning on reading A New Dawn before going into Rebels. I know it probably isn't necessary, but just like you said, I've got to keep Star Wars going on somehow!

• 2 weeks later...

I'm almost done watching The Clone Wars. No, I didn't see it chronologically. I wasn't aware a chronological order existed.

Guess that means I'll be watching Rebels soon, but I'm gonna miss Clone Wars. I loved it from beginning to end.

• 3 months later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 2 months later...

Rogue One was pretty great, I'd say; even though all too often I found myself having a difficult time following it, which took the movie down a few notches for me and didn't exactly help the sense of immersion, it always managed to get me on track eventually and make me feel satisfied. Overall, it was really clever to create an entire movie out of one simple piece involved in the events of Episode IV and many things about the movie were just plain great and enjoyable. I wouldn't call it amazing by any means and I don't even think it was all that memorable or impactive, based on the fact that I'm actually having kind of a hard time trying to think of things to say about it, but it was well worth watching.

• Thumbs Up 1

Oh god!

http://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news/star-wars-actress-carrie-fisher-suffers-heart-attack-plane-sources-n699646

"Star Wars" actress Carrie Fisher suffered a heart attack on a plane Friday, two law enforcement sources told NBC News.

Fisher, 60, world-famous for playing Princess Leia in the blockbuster franchise, was rushed to a local hospital after suffering full cardiac arrest on a flight from London to Los Angeles.

She was in critical condition, sources told NBC News. Fisher's brother, Todd Fisher, told the Associated Press she was "out of emergency" and stabilized at a hospital, but did not give any other details.

The Los Angeles Fire Department was contacted just before United flight 935 landed, about 12:11 local time and performed "advanced life support," the department said. Paramedics arrived at the gate and took her to Ronald Reagan UCLA Medical Center, officials said.

United Airlines said in a statement that a passenger became unresponsive on Flight 935 from London to Los Angeles but did not name the passenger. "Our thoughts are with our customer at this time," the airline said.

I saw it, damn... Can't this year just end??? And Carrie's brother Todd never said "out of emergency", he just said now that the doctors don't have any news on Carrie's state... For all we know, she could be...

Either way, a friend (who was also on the plane) tweeted that Carrie didn't breath for over 10 minutes, so even if she survives, it will affect her some way, kinda like a stroke.

May be Force be always with you, Carrie.

And to think I saw Rogue One this thursday, and it was so good :(

• Thumbs Up 1

Fuck, I was JUST about to head out and watch Rogue One today!

Talk about unexpected as fuck.

I literally just got BACK from watching Rogue One when I heard this. Such a shame.

Apparently, her scenes for Episode VIII were already filmed before this, so I don't think the film's gonna be affected much, if at all.

• Thumbs Up 1

This is such a shame, and very sad. Now, can 2016 kindly fuck off please?

43 minutes ago, Captain Metallix said:

Apparently, her scenes for Episode VIII were already filmed before this, so I don't think the film's gonna be affected much, if at all.

Episode VIII as a whole has already finished filming. However, they might change the plot to kill off Leia as a character.

How awful. When I heard she was stable, I had hope, but then now this happens.

I've always really loved Carrie Fisher. Her sense of humor just clicked with me. I'm really sad to see her pass away.