Awoo.

Star Wars

It's hard for me to choose between Episode 1 and 2, they're both terrible!

I'm sure the PC version is a pay-to-play game(?).

That's "The Old Republic", not "Knights of the Old Republic"

Also, as for Episodes 1 and 2, I'd say 2 is a bit better. 1 is pretty slow.

Edited by MarcelloF

That "The Old Republic", not "Knights of the Old Republic"

Also, as for I and II, I'd say 2 is a bit better. 1 is pretty slow.

I agree on 1 being slow, but II had pretty bad pacing.

I still see III as the strongest of the prequels.

What do you mean by that?

The prequels don't feel like Star Wars. 3 got closer than the other two did but it still didn't feel like Star Wars.

The prequels don't feel like Star Wars. 3 got closer than the other two did but it still didn't feel like Star Wars.

True. The main difference between the prequels and the originals is that the prequels are more action-based, while the originals are more narrative based, along with a perfect mix of action.. But narrative >>> action.

Edited by Frosty The Felix

True. The main difference between the prequels and the originals is that the prequels are more action-based, while the originals are more narrative based, along with a perfect mix of action.. But narrative >>> action.

I did enjoy the scenes were Anakin/Vader went and killed all the kids. I'm cruel like that.

Edited by - Crash -
  • Thumbs Up 1

Even though those scenes were completely out of character and made absolutely no sense? K.

I'm of the opinion that the prequel trilogy should be completely remade and, in regards to certain key characters, recast. It should retain spectacular CG scenes and effects, but much more emphasis should be put on building up the characters and narrative.

• Thumbs Up 3

Even though those scenes were completely out of character and made absolutely no sense? K.

I'm of the opinion that the prequel trilogy should be completely remade and, in regards to certain key characters, recast. It should retain spectacular CG scenes and effects, but much more emphasis should be put on building up the characters and narrative.

I completely agree, and RedLetterMedia, with his reviews of the prequels sums it up perfectly.

• Thumbs Up 1

I did enjoy the scenes were Anakin/Vader went and killed all the kids. I'm cruel like that.

I enjoyed when he slaughtered the reptilian politicians of the separatist movement after telekinetically closing the doors of their base.

That's my favourite scene in the whole existing six-ology! It's so fitting for making MVs with metal/rave/DnB soundtracks.

About killing the kids...that one I didn't like so much. But at least it's only a movie rather than a real-life massacre.

I would easily consider the original Star Wars trilogy to possibly be the greatest sci-fi film saga of all time. The memorable and charismatic characters, humor, action, narrative, and just how it came to change filmmaking for many years to come and helped spark and entire cultural phenomenon. What the prequels missed is characters that you could relate to, and having emotional attachment for whenever situation they get in, such as Boba Fett leaving with Han Solo at the end of Episode V, it basically crushed everyone's hopes, especially Leia of getting him back. The prequels?

...uh

So yeah, anyway, the original Star Wars films are still some of my favorite movies of all time, with The Empire Strikes Back still remaining as my favorite sci-fi film.

• Thumbs Up 1

I'll be truthful, I like a bunch of Sci-Fi shows; Star Wars and Star Trek being part of my top five. but if I had to choose between just those two..Star Wars. it's just -that- good.  loved the original three films and the prequel trilogy, with my two favorite films being Empire Strikes back and Revenge of the Sith. 

favorite characters: Hand Solo and Anakin Skywalker/Vader.  in the former, the guy's a smuggler/mercenary-for-hire turned hero and a general of the Rebel Alliance; but he still had his attitude that we all got to think was just generally badass for all three films. he's also had his hilarious moments as well, such as chasing those storm troopers down a hallway screaming bloody murder like a madman, only for it to become a panicked yell when he finds himself face-to-face with a whole squadron of 12 or so.

Anakin has the most unique story of the characters we get to meet. starts out as a boy working as a slave for someone, getting freed and becoming a Jedi and even getting married to Amidala, the person who is his childhood crush-turned-love interest. while also being a chosen one who becomes one of the biggest villains ever known, although he redeems himself at the end of the story in Return of the Jedi.

anyway..getting down to the point, there is a -lot- of character development which keeps it interesting.  oh. and John Wiklliam's music? brilliant. personally my favorite piece is easily Duel of the Fates in Episode 1; because it just can't get anymore awesome then that.  well, there's my two cents.

Okay, so we have decided that the prequels suck, now let's discuss the original trilogy. wink.png

I don't think the PT is as bad as people make it out to be. E1 can be boring and E2 is mared down by the romace, but I think 3 is good. I do enjoy the 3 and I disagree that they don't feel like Star Wars.

• Thumbs Up 2

I don't think the PT is as bad as people make it out to be. E1 can be boring and E2 is mared down by the romace, but I think 3 is good. I do enjoy the 3 and I disagree that they don't feel like Star Wars.

Well, 3 did feel like Star Wars but the others... not so much. Episode 1 certainly had a lot of Star Wars to it but I couldn't think of many reasons why they needed Qui-Gon Jinn.

It can't look and feel exactly the same as the OT. It's a completely different era. The first two movies were during times of peace and there were Jedi everywhere, making them less mystical. I think they do a decent job at showing the universe before the dark times as Obi-Wan puts it.

Also, I like Qui-Gon.

What the prequels missed is characters that you could relate to, and having emotional attachment for whenever situation they get in, such as Boba Fett leaving with Han Solo at the end of Episode V, it basically crushed everyone's hopes, especially Leia of getting him back. The prequels?

Um, I can relate to the situations/struggles/feelings of Anakin Skywalker a trillion times more than I could ever relate to the situations/struggles/feelings of Luke and Han Solo.

But the fact is that I love both trilogies equally and don't consider one better than the other. To me they're like bread and butter, you can't eat one without eating the other. I gotta have both.

So, question, has anyone played these games?

Jedi_Outcast_pc_cover.jpgJabox.jpg

I remember my mom getting these after I finished 5th grade. Great games.

Nope, but I've played the following prequels to those titles:

220px-Dark_Forces_box_cover.jpg

AND

252px-JediKnight-cover.jpg

I will get Jedi Outcast eventually. Just a matter of time.

If there's one video game that will make my life complete, it would be Star wars: Battlefront III. ever sicne I first played BFII in 2005, I've been replaying it over and over, waiting years for a worthy sequel. Imagine it, space battles, joining the Galactic Empire or Rebel Alliance, and just blasting people in local and online, all in glorious HD. And this leaked alpha footage by Free Radical just makes me even more mad that this is cancelled.

One day...

Why did they cancel it when they knew it would sell thousands! huh.png

Perhaps they felt that the pirates would sabotage their plans for profit. That's what usually happens anyways.