Awoo.

Star Wars

The only way to beat pirates is to provide a better alternative to their service, e.g. Valve and Steam.

Speaking of Steam, thank god Battlefront II is available on there.

I had to rewatch the plinkett review to remember what happened in episode III. Not a good sign. Basically a bunch I'll light saber fight and some space battles and then the movie's over. Palpatine is funny though.

That battlefront footage... The big opening on the back of a tie fighter isn't the engine. The engines are those little red things. You might call this nitpicking but that bit never glowed green in the movies.

Edited by Phos

If that was the finished game, you'd have a solid little complaint there, but the footage was pre-alpha. Placeholder textures and all kinds of unresolved little glitches and bugs all over the shop.

• Thumbs Up 1

I was looking up "TIE Fighter" on YouTube, and I came across this..

I've seen some good fan animations in my life, but.

HOT DAMN.

Edited by Frosty The Felix
  • Thumbs Up 4

I was looking up "TIE Fighter" on YouTube, and I came across this..

I've seen some good fan animations in my life, but.

HOT DAMN.

Looks like the same guy who did that doctor who animation.  

Though it does kinda bug me that the rebel fighters aren't shown as having shields, though it's not really like they were ever obvious in the movies.  Also I don't think TIE bombers have quite that extensive a compliment of weapons.  Also if the imperials are bringing out tie interceptors the rebels should have A wings by that point.  B wings as well, but I'm not going to wish hand animating B wings on anyone.  

Funny thing, from my understanding the rebel alliance was basically funded by aristocrats from worlds where the empire had limited influence.  

Speaking of animation, anyone remember this show?

clonewars.jpg

Man, how much I do LOVE this cartoon. I used to watch this all the time back when it was on Cartoon Network, and I just dug out my old DVD I had of the series, and I had a blast watching it. Especially with the cartoon finesse Genndy Tartakovsky has, the animation is smooth, the characterization and acting are well-done, and though the episodes alone are short, they're satisfying, and the Samurai Jack-like art style is implemented well. Unlike the current Clone Wars series, it's easy to follow up on, and none of the episodes ever feel like a snooze to watch. In my opinion, this is one of the best things to ever come out of the prequel trilogy, and Star Wars alone, and another great cartoon in Tartakovsky's library. If I had to choose this or any of the prequel films, I'd take Clone Wars anyday.

Edited by Frosty The Felix
  • Thumbs Up 6

http://uk.movies.yahoo.com/blogs/movie-editors/infamous-star-wars-holiday-special-tribute-111809131.html

Not bad until he mentions that it is still better than "Attack Of The Clones" at the end of the article. Every time I read an article about Star Wars on Yahoo it always has some twat critic half-assed sniping at the pre-sequels. If you don't like them fine but at least put some effort into why you think they bad instead of just saying that to make you look creditable.sleep.png

And no the Holiday Special is the worst of the worst when comes to Stars Wars if anyone says special is better the pre-sequels is either obsessed with hating the pre-sequels or is seriously devoid of taste and human decency.

Reminded me of this I must watch it later:

http://thatguywiththeglasses.com/videolinks/thatguywiththeglasses/nostalgia-critic/15087-swchr

Just remember that this was one of the first Reviews I saw Doug doing.smile.png

clonewars.jpg

I haven't watched the 2D original, but I've seen 3 episodes of the 2008 CGI version of this show. And I must say I'm really enjoying the CGI version of this. Looking forward to watch more episodes of it. According to Wikipedia there are 5 seasons of the CGI version, with the last one still being in full production right now.

All 5 seasons have got to be more than enough to keep me preoccupied until Episode7 arrives. :D

I haven't watched the 2D original, but I've seen 3 episodes of the 2008 CGI version of this show. And I must say I'm really enjoying the CGI version of this. Looking forward to watch more episodes of it. According to Wikipedia there are 5 seasons of the CGI version, with the last one still being in full production right now. All 5 seasons have got to be more than enough to keep me preoccupied until Episode7 arrives. :D
The two full seasons of the 2D Clone Wars are on YouTube, both are about an hour long..

The two full seasons of the 2D Clone Wars are on YouTube, both are about an hour long..

I've seen a few fan-made music videos which were done using footage from the 2D version, and I don't like the style of the animation. It looks and feels so 1960ies. Especially I don't like the way that they drew Anakin as a child.

I prefer the animation style of 1980ies and 1990ies instead.

I've seen a few fan-made music videos which were done using footage from the 2D version, and I don't like the style of the animation. It looks and feels so 1960ies. Especially I don't like the way that they drew Anakin as a child.

I prefer the animation style of 1980ies and 1990ies instead.

I liked the style of the animation. It reminded me of Samurai Jack, which Genndy Tartakovsky worked on as well, correct? Then again, I'm just more into Traditional 2D animation rather than 3D computer animation.

Though what do you mean by the 80s and 90s animation style? Shows around that time had varied animation styles, so I'm not sure what you're saying there.

Edited by Lyra the Red Nosed Unicorn
  • Thumbs Up 1

I liked the style of the animation. It reminded me of Samurai Jack, which Genndy Tartakovsky worked on as well, correct? Then again, I'm just more into Traditional 2D animation rather than 3D computer animation.     Though what do you mean by the 80s and 90s animation style? Shows around that time had varied animation styles, so I'm not sure what you're saying there.
Genndy Tartakovsky created the show, yes. I also agree with you, I much prefer traditional animation over CGI.

Though what do you mean by the 80s and 90s animation style? Shows around that time had varied animation styles, so I'm not sure what you're saying there.

It's kinda hard to explain, but... The characters in that series physcially resemble The Flintstones. The characters look so rigid and lack curves which would make them feel "organic". I like it when they are less rigid and have more curves to make them feel more organic and alive.

Of course, there's lots of different styles.

There are styles of 2D animation which I do like because of their more organic and less-rigid feel... cartoons like The Simpsons, Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles, Batman: The Animated Series, Sailor Moon, heck even Sonic X.

Those are the type of 2D animation styles which appeal to me.

In fact, I confess that when it comes to the Sailor Senshi then I prefer their original 2D versions better than the CGI or the live actors.

Edited by 188DarkRevived

clonewars.jpg

Man, how much I do LOVE this cartoon. I used to watch this all the time back when it was on Cartoon Network, and I just dug out my old DVD I had of the series, and I had a blast watching it. Especially with the cartoon finesse Genndy Tartakovsky has, the animation is smooth, the characterization and acting are well-done, and though the episodes alone are short, they're satisfying, and the Samurai Jack-like art style is implemented well. Unlike the current Clone Wars series, it's easy to follow up on, and none of the episodes ever feel like a snooze to watch. In my opinion, this is one of the best things to ever come out of the prequel trilogy, and Star Wars alone, and another great cartoon in Tartakovsky's library. If I had to choose this or any of the prequel films, I'd take Clone Wars anyday.

Ehhhhhhhhhh. Personally I was really turned off by the art style and the animation, which is odd considering how much I love Samurai Jack. I prefer the current Clone Wars series though I won't deny it can be tedious at times

Like most of Season 5 has been.

Does anyone remember Episode I: Racer?

SWracer.jpg

I got it back in '03 for the PC, I even still have my copy. Still one of my favorite racing games out there.

• Thumbs Up 2

Been wondering, what is the general consensus here on Revenge Of The Sith? I actually think it's a decent/good film, though it does have it's hiccups, such as poor writing and acting at times (FROM MAI POINT OF VIEW THE JEDI ARE EVIL, YOU UNDERESTIMATE MAI POWER), and the romance between Anakin and Padme, (while now more tolerable in this film) is cheesy at times.

Revenge of the Sith is actually my favourite of all six films. Put down your pitchforks please. My reason being that it actually does a good job of connecting the Prequels to the Sequels. Sure some stuff was dumb (You're breaking my heart! : She's losing the will to live...after a wee choke.) and it left one plothole (I remember my mother, says Leia even though she saw her for like a minute as a baby) but still I really enjoyed this one. Obi Wan came off the best he ever will, I almost wish the series was about him.

Revenge of the Sith is actually my favourite of all six films. Put down your pitchforks please. My reason being that it actually does a good job of connecting the Prequels to the Sequels. Sure some stuff was dumb (You're breaking my heart! : She's losing the will to live...after a wee choke.) and it left one plothole (I remember my mother, says Leia even though she saw her for like a minute as a baby) but still I really enjoyed this one. Obi Wan came off the best he ever will, I almost wish the series was about him.

Padme lost her will to live because of Anakin turning to the dark side or something, it's still pretty dumb. But I agree with you, Revenge of The Sith is probably my favorite in the saga next to The Empire Strikes Back & Return Of The Jedi.

I love Star Wars. The original trilogy was a big part of my childhood (which is of course something that can probably be said for the majority of people below age 45 or so :D). I saw the original versions first, and i was totally hyped when the remastered editions came out in 1997.

And due to still being quite young when the first two prequel films came out (young enough to care more about action than plot), i greatly enjoyed those too at the time of their releases. As for Episode 3, while that one doesnt have the same nostalgia value for me as the other SW movies, i still like it due to the fact that, unlike episodes 1 and 2, i feel that that one is actually a pretty good movie. Not great or anything, but yeah, pretty good.

Oh and when it comes to SW video games; Super Star Wars. If you haven't already played this awesome trilogy of SNES games, do it now. Honestly, they are among the best things since the original movie trilogy to have the Star Wars brand attached to them.

• Thumbs Up 1

I love Star Wars. The original trilogy was a big part of my childhood (which is of course something that can probably be said for the majority of people below age 45 or so biggrin.png). I saw the original versions first, and i was totally hyped when the remastered editions came out in 1997.

And due to still being quite young when the first two prequel films came out (young enough to care more about action than plot), i greatly enjoyed those too at the time of their releases. As for Episode 3, while that one doesnt have the same nostalgia value for me as the other SW movies, i still like it due to the fact that, unlike episodes 1 and 2, i feel that that one is actually a pretty good movie. Not great or anything, but yeah, pretty good.

Oh and when it comes to SW video games; Super Star Wars. If you haven't already played this awesome trilogy of SNES games, do it now. Honestly, they are among the best things since the original movie trilogy to have the Star Wars brand attached to them.

God, I LOVE Super Star Wars. The games, though very fun & having smooth and good level design, is pretty hard at times, and has no save feature. Just a heads up.

• Thumbs Up 1

Also, for those who live in Florida, there's an exhibit called Star Wars: Where Science Meets Imagination at the Orlando Science Center.

...This is why it pays off to live in Orlando.

Does anyone remember Episode I: Racer?

SWracer.jpg

I got it back in '03 for the PC, I even still have my copy. Still one of my favorite racing games out there.

I liked it a lot at the time but in retrospect it's a pretty "loosey goosy" sort of game, with strange collision.  Also after a certain point it seems more like you're just going for clean laps rather than actually racing. 

God, I LOVE Super Star Wars. The games, though very fun & having smooth and good level design, is pretty hard at times, and has no save feature. Just a heads up.

^ INDEED! Even as a person who plays these games through emulators which enable quicksaving at the tap of a button during any moment that the game is turned on, I confess that I still wasn't able to beat Super Empire Strikes Back and Super Return Of The Jedi.

Yes, they are THAT hard. 

While fighting a single boss I find myself quicksaving at least 20 times during the showdown. >_<;

Edited by 188DarkRevived