Awoo.

Spike VGA 2012™: The Thread of Cup Cakes™! Samuel L Jackson™! Shapes™! Forever™! ™!

Badnik Mechanic

OC4vF.jpg

The time is nearly upon us. Every year I say 'it can't possibly be any worse than last years, it just can't.' Only to be surprised.

The Spike VGA's are the most cringeworthy things. They cater to every stereotype you can think of, they potray gamers as being loud, obnoxious, childish and rude. Every negative comment, every negative representation is here for all to see.

The award nominations are often plucked with no thought and the reasons given for each nomination quite often makes little sense.

However... for some reason. Videogame publishers like to use it to promote new unannounced and upcoming big games.

So lets have a thread on it!

The show is live on December 7th at 9pm ET/ 6pm PT.

The live stream this year will be a global stream, you can also watch it on Xbox Live globally too.

Samuel L Jackson is going to host it because....! Urm... .. .. .. Samuel L Jackson is going to host it!

Now lets talk about what we're really tuning in for... the reveals.

Confirmed reveals.

The-Last-of-Us-3.jpg

judgment-default-hero.jpg

South-park-stick-of-truth-logo-600x329.jpg

1castlevania_los_2.jpeg

And now for the speculation, here would be the interesting tweets.

1: Have an amazing VGA announcement coming together for old-school gaming fans....this one is very special to me personally.

2: Looking forward to seeing @therealcliffyb at VGAs this year.

3: Reviewed a new cut of one of our big VGA surprise reveals this year, can't wait to share it with you next week.

4:

Erik Griggs ‏@ErikGriggs

@geoffkeighley Anything as earth shattering as last years reveal of The Last of Us or 2010's reveal of Mass Effect 3?

@ErikGriggs We think so, yes.

5: Late night world premiere screening with our VGA team in LA. One surprise piece had everyone raving, can't wait to show you in 7 days.

Live Stream Links:

http://www.gametrailers.com/videos/j9sa7g/video-game-awards-2012-vga-2012--watch-anywhere-

http://www.spike.com/events/video-game-awards/

Also on Xbox Live, but you'll need to look into that one as I don't own an Xbox to check. Edit: Only for Gold members.

Cup Cake:

cookie-monster-cupcake.jpg

All I care about this year is A) Samuel Motherfucking Jackson hosting and B: the Overall Best Saxxy

Edited by PSI Wind

Who wants to bet that none of the possible new game reveals will have gameplay footage in their trailers?

Who wants to bet that none of the possible new game reveals will have gameplay footage in their trailers?

Of course not. It's the Spike VGA awards, we can't actually have gameplay footage at it. Hulk Hogan will get confused and think it's real again!

I don't even know what Spike VGA is

I envy you.

I really don't see why people pay attention to this crap. Even the reveals will be put online the day after, so the only reason to watch is if you like having advertisers orgasm all over your face.

And no, I don't care who's hosting it, dressing a turn up in a pretty outfit doesn't change the fact that it's a turd.

• Thumbs Up 1

So, SSMB party tonight? As it's on at 2am, it's a good job I haven't got work tomorrow. Looking forward to the new trailers and possible new game announcements.

There's gonna be a livestream somewhere

There is, it's already been said that it'll be a global livestream. When it comes to the start of the event though if all else fails I'll check the thread over at gaf, someone there normally livestreams it direct from the telly anyway.

Edit: Just found out there is a pre-show event that will occur one hour before the show start.

Edit 2: Bioware just tweeted this...

All done with with VGA content for Spike's award show this Friday. Huge thanks to@geoffkeighley and his team for being great to work with.

Oh boy.

For hard-core gamers this is the first place you will ever see those new games," says the show's executive producer Mark Burnett. "Imagine if the Academy Awards was on and they announced five movies that no one has ever heard of. That is the equivalent. You will be on a rip-roaring, two-hour ride of television."

Source:

Five unannounced games being shown tonight.

Sonic Generations 2... hur hurr!

Also regarding the live stream links. Still trying to find some, however you can watch it via Xbox live.

I'll watch this for the new game announcements. The show will no doubt be insufferable, but new games should hopefully be interesting. Anyone expecting Sonic though will be sorely disappointed.

http://www.spike.com...m-and-xbox-live

That article says that the live stream online will be provided by Spike.com and GameTrailers.com.

http://www.spike.com

http://www.gametrailers.com

The Xbox Live stream is going to be interactive.

The Xbox Fan-Voting Stuff for Tonight’s VGAs Is Actually Pretty Cool

http://kotaku.com/59...lly-pretty-cool

After the show, we get to see an extended cut of exclusive new footage of either Gears of War: Judgment or Tomb Raider depending on which the Xbox Live viewers vote for. I'm happy either way.

• Thumbs Up 1

Lovely, added the live stream links to the OP. Xbox feed is for gold members only.

Here are some photos from the event.

7bd15ad640cb11e29f5522000a9f14ae_7.jpg

925f7ea040c511e28a2e22000a1fbc67_7.jpg

I like the one 3rd from the end

67d20bdc40be11e28c8722000a1f90f9_7.jpg

803eff1040c611e297bf22000a1f9263_7.jpg

74570d4840b011e2b85022000a1f9e75_7.jpg

(that is snoop Doggs chair.)

Nope... totally not going to streotype this year guys.

THQ Be teasing.

CufWG.png

• Thumbs Up 1

Is it bad that I'm more interested in the awards part rather than the game announcements? This being my first VGA I've actually paid attention to, I really hope my favourite game gets a place in the awards.

"Appearances by: Snoop Lion, Tenacious D, Jessica Alba, Zachary Levi & Linkin Park!"

Because when I play videogames... I think of those guys!

LMAO! The twitter feed for the VGA's. I don't think they're being modded, I just noticed this one pop up when browsing the site.

hohoho.png

Pre-show has started. It's running fine on Xbox Live so far. They're showing a Team Fortress 2 DLC pack that's nominated.

EDIT:

Well, actually it's more like some long animation.

EDIT 2:

Oh, it WAS an animation nominated for a best video category.

They're giving awards out in the pre-show again. Some voice actor guy from Borderlands 2 just won best male voice award.

Handsome Jack right? Well deserved.

Butt stallion.

That was him, yeah.

Melissa Hutchison just got the VGA for best female voice for Clementine in The Walking Dead.

EDIT:

*Ninja'd*