Awoo.

The Headcanon Topic

Aero

I asked in the status updates, got positive answers, so here we go.

I'm pretty sure we all have headcanons in which we have our own theories about what happens in a fictional universe and some characters act completely out of character. Here you can post your headcanon for any series.

So without further ado, here's mine (about a game that most of you guys probably know nothing about called OFF) :

When I saw Zacharie (the merchant every game needs) for the first time, I could've sworn he was a frog or something.

tumblr_inline_mim4gzxz1m1r31d0v.png

Turned out it was nothing but a mask. However, there is something that could contribute to the frog-like style of the mask, found on the second floor of the library in Zone 3:

tumblr_inline_mim4hew0uO1r31d0v.png

Notice it talks about a masked man slaying a toad king.

Do we know of a masked man in this game? Yep. Good old Zacharie.

Look at this concept art:

tumblr_inline_mim4howfSJ1r31d0v.png

See? He even has a sword. That could possibly be the sword he killed the toad king with!

Also, after beating a giant firebird named Japhet (who decided to possess a cat named Valerie from the inside and gradually come out of Valerie's mouth during the Japhet battle), you end up killing Valerie.

Zacharie acquires a new mask AFTER Valerie passes, and that mask looks an awful lot like Valerie himself, as seen here:

tumblr_inline_mim4h4yubj1r31d0v.png

So, in other words, Zacharie creates masks from the dead!

Another headcanon: Zacharie could have once been a Burnt, and he wears those masks to hide his burned-up face.

In case you're wondering what a Burnt is:

The residents of OFF are called Elsens, and whenever they get frustrated or whatever, their heads go up in flames. (Can't find any good pictures at the moment)

So...there's mine. What's your headcanon?

Edited by Kyurem

Does Alternate/Original Universe apply here? Or does it have to be within the actual canon story?

Er, the only headcanon I have has to do with the ending to Tales of the Abyss... I guess I could put it in spoilers.

I think that right after Luke shows up from the remains of Eldrant, he uses his death status to run away to Grand Chokmah with Tear.

Headcannon you say?

spyxgun.png

Anyways so this is general fiction right? I do have a couple of theories about certain characters outside Sonic. But let me go write them down or something. So I'll come back to this post in a bit.

Everyone in TF2 are busy and they don't die because they respawn. The have coffee with each other and go bowling on Wednesday nights. Oh and the reason why there's identical people is that someone was busy cloning or something.

Edited by Eddie Riggs
  • Thumbs Up 2

Does Alternate/Original Universe apply here? Or does it have to be within the actual canon story?

It can be any series; any universe.

In Left 4 Dead, none of the special infected die. They just get tired and have naps. It's the same one every time and when they're not stalking survivors they hang out and watch movies and stuff IDK.

Obviously there are multiples of some of them, but generally it's the same 3 or 4 Tanks over and over. They hold grudges like that.

Edited by JezMM
  • Thumbs Up 1

I like headcanon, well, that I consider 'in reason', one of the reasons why I search out fanfiction, and one reason why I'd love to write it( though I want to do much more canon stuff too)

I'd like to see some reasons and inspirations behind these too smile.png

Marine has an inferiority complex, now this seems highly likely , it's still somewhat debatable.

It just seems shes tries so hard to prove herself and actually get accepted as a normal part of the team rather than the one that's 'too immature'. She tries to act tough and confident and assert herself as leader to look like she knows what she's doing, she doesn't, she knows she doesn't, and it hurts, so she gets really upset when people remind her, that's why she makes such a scene.

Edited by Mysterics

Tails' favourite number is 42, this is because Sonic 4 Episode II didn't suck as bad as Episode I and it made Tails feel important. It was after Episode II that Tails began to develop his computer prowess as seen in the Dreamcast -> Modern era. Sometime in the not too distant future, many of Earth's most powerful machines will have been created and coded by Tails, and this technology also eventually reaches further out into space and even time; his patterns and mannerisms make up the effort and soul he puts into his work!

One particular supercomputer was once asked what the meaning of life, the universe and everything was.

Do you know what its answer was, in a complex numerical language??

"Tails"

Directly translated from "42"

Edited by SuperLink
  • Thumbs Up 1

I experiment with headcanon loads, it never really goes anywhere though.

I try to fish for ideas within the Sonic brand, especially with characters,and try and steer away from elsewhere, with the world and mythos I'll try and stay within the games, especially classic ones, loops, patterned grass and soil , rectangular rock formations abound, and no mention of Mobius, or Sonic gaining his powers in an accident involving the Chaos Emeralds.

Unless I make another headcanon...

I take what I consider he best ideas, if two conflict, sometimes with characters that's fine, I think with characterization you can have your cake and eat it too.

Hey Eggman can be a badass villian and still be silly and affably evil, right?

It's hard though, admittedly.

Rolling around at the speed of sound

Sonic can run pretty damn fast, but it actually takes quite a bit of effort to break the sound barrier. He can't just casually do it, he has to strain and consciously try to get that fast (but once he does break the sound barrier, the difficult part is over). I don't think he can go past the speed of light, that just sounds like something wacky from the comics. Maybe he could as Super/Hyper Sonic though.

Unlike Sonic, I don't chuckle

I imagine Knuckles gets lonely as hell guarding the Master Emerald all the time while his friends are out having fun. That probably explains why he's so eager to ditch it and go on adventures with the rest of them, although this probably makes him feel guilty that he's not being a good guardian.

Have no fear, Amy Rose is here

In my mind, Amy is more of an Action Girl than she's shown in the games. I like to picture her actually being as useful as the others, being sort of a power character like Knuckles, with her hammer. She's not a damsel in distress or a support character. I also sort of downplay her obsession with Sonic a bit. I don't think she should be an annoying fangirl, but at the same time, she does follow Sonic around and bug him a lot.

Nack the nuisance

Fang... even though he doesn't really exist anymore, I still have an entire personality for him, although it's fairly similar to what most other people think of him as - a greedy, chaotic neutral with an Australian accent who is rarely the main antagonist but is more of a thorn in the heroes' sides, like Knuckles in Sonic 3. I can see him joining the group only to betray them later, just for monetary reasons. I also picture him as a bit of a coward when things get really rough. If anyone remembers Jr. Troopa from Paper Mario, that's sort of the kind of bad guy I picture him as - not much of a threat, but he's so funny you look forward to fighting him.

A friend of mine also brought up an idea which I could see happening - Fang teaming up with Bark and Bean and being a sort of "anti-Chaotix".

Mighty is missing

Same thing for Mighty, he doesn't exist but I've thought him out. Being a pacifist explains why he's never seen in the series - he stays away from violence as much as possible, basically living the life of a hermit. That and his explorer tendencies mean he's rarely ever crossing paths with Sonic and co., but would be the one who knows all about the geography of the world if he did.

Triple Trouble's setting

My ultra-large fanfic includes some of the Zones from Triple Trouble, and since that game's setting was never explicitly stated, I've had to make my own decision about it. The way I see it, there are three possibilities, but only two are really worth considering: South Island and Angel Island.

South Island: The setting of the majority of Game Gear Sonic games before it; Sonic 1, Sonic 2, and Sonic Chaos makes this a viable theory.

Angel Island: Knuckles' appearance there is the main reasoning.

I used to lean toward South Island, but now I'm thinking Angel Island more and more due to Knuckles being there, as well as the fact that South Island is tiny and already has more than four games worth of Zones on it.

So yeah, that's most of my headcanon for the Sonic series.

• Thumbs Up 3

My personal head canon is that Skylanders is actually set thousands of years before the events of the classic games, and that the Legendary Spyro variant is the true Spyro of that era.

Which is admittedly a very weird head canon.

There was once a Black Moon in Arcadia

Talking about the game Skies of Arcadia here.

It's implied that the world had a Black Moon. Numerous discoveries mention Black Moon stones and they're found in and around the Dark Rift. Each moon has a power; Red = Fire, Green = Life, Purple = Ice, Yellow = Electricity, Blue = Water and Wind, Silver = Life and Death. The Black Moon's power was that of negative and positive forces and the ability to turn negative energy into positive and vice versa. Perhaps the Black Moon was destroyed in the proximity of the Dark Rift which created it and scattered black moon stones in the vicinity of it.

Rolling around at the speed of sound

Sonic can run pretty damn fast, but it actually takes quite a bit of effort to break the sound barrier. He can't just casually do it, he has to strain and consciously try to get that fast (but once he does break the sound barrier, the difficult part is over). I don't think he can go past the speed of light, that just sounds like something wacky from the comics. Maybe he could as Super/Hyper Sonic though.

If I may expand upon this with my headcanon.........

GO! HYIA! FEELING GOOD!

The reason Sonic can break the sound barrier essentially instantaneously in games like Unleashed, Colours, and Gens is because he has outside help: the ring energy in Unleashed and Generations, and the white Wisps in Colours. As for normally, what Truffle said.

Convenient Storage

As for where Sonic characters keep the Chaos Emeralds when they are in their possession, I see it like rings. They de-materiel-ize them and absorb them into their bodies, like rings. They can call them out whenever they want. This differs to attaining super form, in which the Chaos Emeralds enter the body of the user as raw power as opposed to just de-material-izing.

Edited by Chaos Wrapping Paper
  • Thumbs Up 2

At the end of Mass Effect 3...

My Femshep survives and reunites with Garrus after he searches the wreckage of the Crucible for her, finding her close to death and nurses her back to health with the help of Chakwas. They then visit Garrus' family on Palaven and Shepard adopts Garrus' facial markings.

wub.png

Also, Sonamy is canon in my head. D: Amy is an action girl and doesn't stalk Sonic like she does in the games. Sonic started to admire her true personality once she grew up and stopped chasing him.

Edited by Heybunny

This is less of an original idea (someone else already posted it, but I can't remember which topic), but more of an extension:

Solaris' flame at the end of the game/story that Elise wrote about herself was actually Elise finally dying from a fatal illness in real life.

Don't ask why it popped up in my head, it just did for some random reason.

Edited by Malpercio

Tails' workshop, I've thought, probably functions as both a sanctuary for the tornado and a shelter/home for him. Sonic might live there as well, but seeing how he's a nomad in the games' universe, I somewhat doubt it. I wouldn't be surprised if it being Tails' home was true because it certainly looks part lab/part home in Sonic Adventure. It's also called "Tails' House" in Tails' Adventure, though that's a spinoff game.

Edited by colorfulzones104

Right before Sonic Generations starts, Classic Sonic makes a bet with Classic Knuckles that he can go through the day without saying a single word.. He goes through the whole game managing not to say anything, but blows it shortly after his timeline is restored..

In the last Star Trek movie.. In hopes of preventing the Hobus Supernova.. Nero managed to divulge information about the future to the romulans in the alternate universe he travelled to.. The romulans eventually use the knowledge they gain to take over the galaxy and eventually attempt to invade the standard Star Trek universe that Old Spock originally came from..

Edited by Dwapook

I have a lot of symbolism that maybe I'm reading into Demon's Souls. For example, the entrance to Boletaria is referred to as "the fissure", the name used for wrinkles in the cerebral cortex, which I find interesting because I can't help but get the relation to how this game's story seems to involve thinking about yourself, and why you make the choices you do.

There was no Shadow the Hedgehog.

That was a strange dream Shadow had after one too many drinks at club rouge.

Funny thing is this kind of makes sense. Numerous times things that don't make any sense, things that don't quite follow, such as Shadow only killing one of the gross alien things in the cut scene in the final story and black doom saying you betrayed him when you take the neutral path even though the agreement was just the chaos emeralds which he gets anyway. It's also my understanding that the final ending references mutually exclusive events.

Here's my headcannon reguarding the Sonic Series:

It's still unknown whether the Current Shadow is the the orginal: Yes, eggman said that shadow wasn't an android, but he was trying to motivate him to save the world.

Shadow is still tramatised by Maria's death: In fact. Shadow's promise to Maria is the whole reason he joined GUN - he wants to protect the world she loved so much. He also wants to make sure what happened to Maria never happens agian, and he's very protective of his friends.

The master emerald was taken back to the emerald altar in S&K, not hidden palace: My theory is hidden palace was where Knuckles hid the emerald after he heard Sonic was coming.

Sonic likes Amy, but not in that way: Sonic would like to be friends with Amy, but the whole "Let's get married!" thing puts him off. Sonic isn't looking for a love interest in her, but he'd like to her friend.

Black Doom didn't die at the end of ShTH, and the Black Arms are not exhinct: We never saw Black Doom die, he just fell to earth. He and the remaining Black Arms retreated to another planet (or maybe the moon or ARC?) and are currently biding their time...

Here's some Mario headcanon.

Ever wonder why Bowser always kidnaps Peach, yet always plays sports with everyone? Simple. Bowser's moody. He's friends with everyone, but can get especially angry after a losing streak, resulting in a kidnapped Peach.

• Thumbs Up 5