Awoo.

The Headcanon Topic

Aero

Oh, now I can get a Sonic-related head canon out! Spoilered because...well, it's odd.

The Chaotix have partially animalistic diets in order to survive

Sort of inspired by this post by Verte;

Does Tails hunt and kill Sonic, a Hedgehog and Cream, A rabbit despite the fact that he's a Fox? Does Jet prey on smaller birds considering he's a Hawk? Does Knuckles eat Termites considering he's an Echidna?

The answer to all of those is no, because Sonic characters do not exhibit animalistic tendencies when it comes to diet like that.

Now, I'm not going to argue that they'd eat sentient beings. They don't. Not by a long shot.

But for them, it'd make sense for them to at least go after some non-sentients given that food in general for them is pretty scarce. The rest of the cast can afford luxuries like chilli dogs and salads, and Big's been shown to go fishing (which...come to think of it, that IS an animalistic diet) which is justified given that he lives far away from civilisation. So there is room there for interpretation.

And it's not like they'd even have to hunt, per se. Charmy's the easiest to explain; he goes for nectars and pollens by flying around and finding flowers. He has the freedom of flight to be able to do that. Vector and Espio are...not so lucky. You see, when places get a bit run down and non-maintained, what tend to be the first couple of "customers" waiting to infest it? Flies and rats. Completely abundant, but very vulnerable to any insectivores and carnivores that may be lurking...

My brain's not with it today, so the text there is very scattered in prose.

The Pyro is the only person in TF2 who sees the world correctly. The characters respawn because they're never actually dead or getting hurt.

pyroland-news_jpg_436x242_crop_upscale_q85.jpg

THIS IS CORRECT.

pyro.png?w=558&h=9999&crop=0

THIS IS FALSE.

Edited by Solly
  • Thumbs Up 8

I've gradually managed to create a head canon for a few of the Sonic Characters. Here's mine.

Amy is an esper/consistently makes use of psychic/telepathic abilities without consciously knowing it.

The first clue would be the mechanism by which she stores and uses her Piko Piko Hammer. She can summon it at will in the blink of an eye, and if destroyed or otherwise lost can conjure up more if need be, as shown in the first half of ep. 52 of Sonic X.

Cream and Vanilla know the deal. And Eggman probably had to a hell of a time getting the dents out of his airship.

Hammerspace is the general accepted explanation for where Amy stores her hammer, but one of the definitions of esper that I came across also states that such an individual can see and has the ability to enter and exit other planes of reality. If Hammerspace is in fact another plane of existence, Amy regularly deeps in and out of it whenever she needs one of her hammer, or other things.

Secondly, given the fact that the hammer is brightly colored and traditionally a children's plaything, it still manages to display fear in the hearts of all who see it in Amy's hands, up to and including Sonic. Amy can do a variety of incredibly superhuman feats with it, including launching another person high distances, conjuring up tornados, as well as destroying and dismantling robots purportedly made of steel.

Where does this strength come from, and how can such a seemingly harmless toy wreck such potential damage? I don't know, but I'd like to think that being unaware of her abilities, Amy has somehow managed from an early age to tap and hone her power to the point where it's second nature. The hammer itself being a totem a sorts; an object that a psychic/telepathic would focus their energy through to get the desired effect. Sort of like a magician's wand or staff, with the attacks and the damage directly related to it being a testament to the level of control she has over it, as well as a demonstration of her power.

Thirdly, her ability to find and locate Sonic is explained by this as well. She's been known to dabble in tarot cards, and while rarely mentioned nowadays her predicted meetings with Sonic have been correct. Dowsing/divination would be a more proper term for it, and while she's mistaken other hedgehogs for Sonic from behind, she hasn't actually been entirely wrong for it; her interactions with both each eventually lead her to meeting up with him later on.

Finally, her ability to talk people to her cause seems to prove this ability as well, especially in the case of Shadow. The dude was hellbent on letting the world go to shit, and could have just as easily have turned on her physically. But she calmed him down through echoing Maria's true request. What were the chances that she'd say it word for word? That's more than a coincidence.

These instances say to me that Amy has some very potent ability that she's either merely tapping into or has naturally honed as a sixth sense that takes form of whatever she sees fit at any given moment. The difference between her and an actual psychic/telepathic is that they know what they are and what they can do, while she seems to merely think herself an ordinary girl who can swing a hammer/hit really, really hard.

Heck. Look at that end clip of Generations, where she all but flung Knuckles into a tree. Knuckles, of all characters. Big rad with SPIKES for fists who can easily give Sonic a run for his rings.

Sonic's hydrophobia comes from a instance or series of traumatic childhood events.

Sonic's hydrophobia was always something I thought was a joke until the Olympic games where he's the only character in the pool with a life vest on. He sinks like a rock, and despite being fast can't seem to grasp the concept of floating, which is basically swimming 101 for any kid learning to swim. It's not like Sonic couldn't learn it either, as he's fairly bright and proven to be a fast study. He learned Chaos Control on his own in Sonic Adventure 2, and had apparently honed it well enough to use it as well as Shadow in Sonic '06.

I'd think something very unsettling must have happened to him when he was younger, such as a near death experience. Maybe he wandered to the deep end of the pool as a kid and nearly drowned. Or maybe he knew someone close who drowned, but he lived? That trauma may very well have placed a mental block on his desire to learn to swim and/or fully overcome his hydrophobia.

Which brings me to my next head canon:

Virtually all current Sonic characters have lost one or both parents.

If Classic Sonic is defined as being Sonic's younger self in Generations, with no appearances of anyone's parents save Cream, that virtually means that Sonic and Co. have grown up without adult supervision for quite some time. There has never been a mention or clue to anyone knowing or interacting with their parents, which suggests that they are dead. Sonic may have grown up alone until he met Tails (who followed him around as he looked up to him, as well as was being picked on by bullies), and gradually met his friends over the years.

Another clue would be Tails himself, who is younger, but able to hold his own as a result of his vast intelligence and time with Sonic. By Sonic Adventure, he's living on his own and resourceful enough that Sonic calls on him for help from time to time. All at the age of 8. A normal 8 year old would be at home, or in the care of a designated adult at nearly all times. But not Tails, who can go anywhere he needs to, as well as drive, fly, and any other thing he cares to build from his dreams.

Knuckles would probably be the poster child for this head canon, as it's understood that he grew up alone on Angel Island. His extreme naivete (i.e. believing things without question from unscrupulous sources) is a testament to the fact that he had little to no social interaction with either his own kind or peers for much of his earlier life. Such a lack of interaction would normally render someone feral, but he's able to both understand and communicate with the other characters fluently, as well as versing them in ancient Echidna lore (i.e. Chronicles).

Then again, Angel Island is highly suggested as being remnant of an advanced society, so there may have been a system or person that raised him with basic survival skills and knowledge to get by.

Cream is the only one out of the main characters who doesn't fit this, as she has Vanilla, but we've never seen her father. Divorce doesn't sound like something that would be present in the series, so it's highly probable that her father is dead, with Vanilla choosing to focus on raising their child.

As for the others, The Chaotix live together, while raising Charmy, Shadow is technically a test tube baby, and Amy lives on her own in Station Square.

Sonic and Co.'s extraordinary abilities are remnants of a fallen civilization on Earth.

If I ever get to working back on my fan comic, that was the route I was going. Atlantis was/is generally regarded as a fallen civilization with people, technology, and knowledge that was far advanced for its time. This included physical and mental attributes as well, with nearly 90% of the population having at least one extraordinary ability.

For reasons unknown, the civilization fell into chaos, with much of the population perishing as a result. But a few survivors managed to escape and intermingle with outside members. While generations of intermingling with non-members would normally water down and lessen the chance of these unique abilities appearing in newer generations, they somehow managed to survive centuries of such and manifested strongly in the current generation that is Sonic and his friends.

And no. That does not mean they're all related, unless you count the weird past, present, future thing going on with Sonic, Shadow, and Silver...

Silver is a distant future relative of Sonic, Shadow, and Amy.

Not quite sure who gets with who or what not, but this seems fairly likely. That and the Dragonball Z parody/parallel is too rich to pass up.

Edited by KittyNakajima
  • Thumbs Up 4

Speaking of fiction in general, i tend to imagine that various continuities within the same franchise takes place in the same "mulitverse", in the way that has been declared canon in certain franchises such as Transformers and Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles.

On a related note, i would kill to see an official cross-over between the cheesy original 1980's My Little Pony universe and that of the more sophisticated currently airing cartoon. I could see there being just as much hilarious confusion as when the cheesy 1980's Turtles universe crossed over with the more sophisticated 2003 Turtles series universe in Turtles Forever.

Edited by batson

Mine is that Dragonite is very similar to how the Elves became Orcs in Lord of the Rings; Dragonairs were tortured and eventually evolved into massive orange barneysauruses with wings.

I have a headcanon surrounding which pixar films exist in the same universe.

Brave/ Toy Story 1-3/ Up/ Wall-e/ Ratatouille and finding nemo all exist together in one overall universe.

- Brave takes place in the past, theres nothing in it to suggest it's outside of the universe, in fact, the witch has carvings of sulley and a pizza planet truck suggesting she can see the future.

- In toy story 3 there is a postcard on Andy's wall from Carl and Ellie from up meaning the families know each other

- Up features lotso from toy story 3

- monsters inc features a jessie toy

- Finding nemo features a buzz lightyear toy

- The baterries in buzz lightyear are made by BNL the company which builds Wall-e in the future

- Bugs life is a movie in this universe as there are bugs life toys in toy story 2 and 3.

- The incredibles is a comic book in Finding Nemo and the guy from ratatouille wears incredibles underwear, so it isn't included in the overall canon.

- Buzz lightyear of star command is the buzz lightyear tv series which spawned the toys.

- Cars is out.....because....well, the cars are alive...

• Thumbs Up 4

This is all I could think of right now:

Knuckles is the reason Sonic appeared thinner in SA1. This due to Knuckles asking "Hey, did you gain weight?" when Classic Sonic frees him in Generations. He looked pretty disappointed and after going back to his own time decided to go on a diet and cut down on the chili dogs, he only has them every so often now as a treat. Also, another reason was because he liked how his future self looked, so inspired him to lose weight even more.

Edited by Guest

Here's some Mario headcanon.

Ever wonder why Bowser always kidnaps Peach, yet always plays sports with everyone? Simple. Bowser's moody. He's friends with everyone, but can get especially angry after a losing streak, resulting in a kidnapped Peach.

Not mine, but, one of Shigeru Miyamoto's OWN headcanons is that everyone in the Mario games are sort of like a troupe of actors, who take on different roles in every game. This is why Mario and Bowser can have a rivalry in one "story" (Mario Kart 7) and then be downright enemies in another (Mario 3D Land).

I'm invested in the world so I don't like to buy into it, but it's still a fun/cute idea.

Edited by JezMM
  • Thumbs Up 2

Mario is the bad guy. Bowser is a good king who looks after his people.

Let's analyze it for a bit. He's the rightful political leader of the Mushroom Kingdom. The Mario games, told from the perspective of Princess Peach and her political affiliates, would have us believe that Bowser is some sort of insurgent who wishes to dethrone Peach. However, the exact opposite is true. First look at political titles: Bowser is a king, where Peach is but a princess. Assuming they both earned their titles within the same government, there is no way Bowser could achieve the title of “king” without either having been elected to that post, or having earned it through birthright. Peach’s essentially useless “Princess” title seems to come from virtually nowhere: if she were the rightful princess, we’d hear of a Mushroom King.

XdMSe.jpg

If you need proof that Bowser achieved power by legal means, just consider the numbers: for every one Toad character, the player sees dozens of Koopas or Goombas - all of whom would obviously support Bowser in a free and fair country. Peach, irritated at the fact that her base seemed to consist of only about twenty citizens, likely seceded from Bowser’s kingdom and, through a combination of propaganda and manipulation, named herself “Princess” and declared herself the rightful ruler of the Mushroom Kingdom.

And even more: why does Peach just let herself be kidnapped over an over? She’s a brilliant, two-faced, manipulative bitch. She knows the only way to keep the proletariat on her side is by constantly playing the victim; Bowser’s army outnumbers Peach’s, and so it is to her advantage to mantain public sympathy. She does this in two ways. First, she gets Bowser to frequently kidnap her; second, she gets Mario to save her.

As for Mario and Luigi... they are her enforcers. They do nothing but kill the citizens of the Mushroom Kingdom, and destroy their economy by stealing hundreds of coins.

8spJg.jpg

Meanwhile, the goombas, to paraphrase the manual for the original Super Mario Bros, are described as Mushroom Toadstools who switched sides to join Bowser’s army. Bowser’s soldiers aren’t slaved, or brainwashed, or even draftees; Bowser’s men fight for the Koopa cause because they believe in it, while Peach’s minions are but mere pawns in her game of chess.

In both Super Mario RPG and Super Paper Mario, Bowser chooses to join Mario for the purposes of saving the world. He shows a great deal more heroism than any of the “good” characters ever give him credit for. Bowser is willing to put his life on the line not just for himself, but for the entire planet, Peach’s ungrateful dissenters included. Would Peach do the same unless she absolutely had to? I doubt it.

When has King Bowser done anything bad? His troops never aggressively attack Mario; they merely wait for Mario to initiate violence, and act solely in self-defense. Bowser has never killed anyone in cold blood. He’s never even invaded Peach’s portion of the Mushroom Kingdom, even though he has the manpower and moral right to. One may accuse him of slight cowardice, but never of evil: Bowser, as we see him in the Mario games, is merely a misunderstood, wrongly-demonized figure in a political struggle with the fascist Princess Peach.

My head just exploded.

Bowser is romantically obsessed with Peach ; honestly, this was something I just assumed back when I didn't know anything about the Super Mario series, but it stuck, Bowser is portrayed that way in some games anyway.

Edited by Mysterics

For me, 06 isn't canon. But since some say it is (for what seems to be little reason beyond "Crisis City's in Generations, so obviously it's canon, continuity errors and all", I've posted a theory about Blaze's presence in the game, copy-pasted from the overthinking things thread:

Here's what I think: Given that there's fire and demons and death everywhere in the future, and that we only see Silver and "Blaze" there, it's highly likely that everyone in the future aside from those two is dead. But what if Silver... was the only living thing left?

He's in denial about it through the game, and his conscience manifests itself as a purple cat, coincidentaly looking like Blaze. Maybe he looked back in a history book, saw the events of Sonic Rush and developed feelings for this person who existed over 200 years ago? Someone to mate with, to have a chance at repopulating the planet? That explains why Silver is the only character "Blaze" interacts with and is acknowledged by: she's Silver's imaginary friend formed from his mind, the mind of the last living thing on Earth who refuses to believe it. No-one but Silver sees "Blaze" because, in reality, this Blaze is merely an imaginary replica of a long-dead princess from another world.

Perhaps it also explains why Silver believes Mephiles: he probably knows Mephiles isn't to be trusted, but Silver is willing to "deal with the devil" to try and save himself from being the sole survivor of the apocalypse. After Amy makes him question if killing Sonic is truly the right thing to do, who does he ask? "Blaze", who is of course Silver's conscience given a mental form. After Iblis is defeated once and for all, "Blaze" absorbs Iblis and disappears. However, seeing how she is a delusion of Silver's mind, it's possible Silver absorbed Iblis after all, and "Blaze"'s disappearence is symbolic: Silver sealed Iblis in himself, but was corrupted in the process.

When Silver appears in the Last Story, because time is mixed up, Silver is uncorrupted, but at the same time, his conscience doesn't exist; therefore, "Blaze" doesn't exist. After the reset, "Blaze" ceases to exist altogether: Silver is no longer the last thing alive in the future, therefore he sees no reason to have an imaginary friend.

Whaddya think of that?

And an addition, also copy-pasted:

An addition to my theory about Blaze's (nonexistant) prescence in Sonic 06 could also explain how she remembers Crisis City in Generations:

Perhaps at one point she ended up in the future prior to Silver's story (maybe by accident, maybe to find a stray Sol Emerald or something) and encountered Silver. Silver, believing that she was native here, told her about Crisis City (which may have been a G.U.N. term for Soleanna once Iblis was released) and helped her finish her buisiness there, learning that she wasn't native to his world or time period.

After Blaze gets back to her world, once the reset happens (borrowing from the now discredited "06 Blaze went to her Rush world" theory) she still remembers Crisis City, despite not being there (in a non-imaginary way) for the game, because her world wasn't affected. This explains why she can remember Crisis City in Generations (unless, as previously suggested, her world has a Crisis City).

Meanwhile, Silver, heartbroken over realising he is the last non-firey creature on the planet, has his brain trick him into thinking that Blaze was his friend and decided to stay. As time goes on, he believes that she was always from his world, and that there were no such things as "Sol Emeralds" or "alternate worlds" or "princess/guardian duties" to tie her down. By the time Silver's story begins, he believes that he and Blaze were friends since childhood.

Those sections where you play as "Blaze"? That's Silver imagining what Blaze might be doing at the time.

Edited by Spin Attaxx

SatAM Sonic's overly cocky attitude is a defense mechanism resulting from losing his Uncle and his home at such a young age.

Think about it for a minute. Sonic was a five year old. Children are very impressionable, and while he did show similar cockiness as a kid, I like to think that this attitude is something of a fall back for him. He's the only one of the active Freedom Fighters besides Bunnie with an extraordinary physical skill-- a power. Tails and Dulcy have abilities of their own, but as the former doesn't become an active FF until Season 2 and Dulcy doesn't even appear until then, Sonic's been their driving force for a considerably longer amount of time.

That kind of pressure combined with the pain of losing his only real family member is probably what drives him to make such reckless moves. If he stops to consider the repercussions of his actions, it'll only slow him down. All his worries and fears will catch up with him. And he does have plenty of those, as evidenced by Sonic's Nightmare. So, rather than appear weak, he puts on this highly confident facade and acts like he's the coolest thing out there. He rushes into danger spouting corny catchphrases and insults and treats fighting Robotnik like a game because, if he does, he can channel all that negativity in a way that isn't detrimental to himself, and he can appear strong and positive in a world that's overrun with darkness and despair.

The few times his emotions actually catch up with him occur in Ultra Sonic, Sonic Conversion, and the aforementioned Sonic's Nightmare. These are the rare times where he clearly doubts himself. Deep down, though, I like to think that his gloating is a way of convincing himself that he's a cool, tough, and downright amazing hero. Especially when you consider that he failed to save his Uncle not once, not twice, not even three, but four times throughout the course of the series. Even time travel failed him!

That being said, some of his cockiness, fun-loving attitude, and arrogance probably are legit. I just think that he purposely exaggerates them because it's the only way he can cope with the surrounding circumstances.

I feel like Rainbow Dash is similar in that, deep down, she probably has some insecurities which she masks behind her confident, self-praising attitude, but I'll have more on her later.

Edited by Mega
  • Thumbs Up 2

Ditto is a failed clone of Mew.

Yeah I said it.

I'm sure you all know the bit by now. They're the same weight, same color (both shiny and normal) and are the only Pokemon to learn Transform via level up. Also, in Pokemon Yellow Ditto can only be found in Cerulean Cave (where Mewtwo resides) and the Cinnabar Mansion (where Mewtwo was created).

Other Pokemon headcannons I have that are kinda popular on the internet: Mewtwo was created by Team Rocket, Blaine and Mr. Fuji were scientists on the Mewtwo project, Team Rocket owned Silph Co., Zubats are descendants of Aerodactyls, Genesect is a Kabutops, the Legendary Beasts were a Jolteon, Vaporeon and Flareon before being revived by Ho-Oh, and the Striaton Trio are the Shadow Trio Fuck you Memory Link

Edited by Ichigo Storm
  • Thumbs Up 2

Other Pokemon headcannons I have that are kinda popular on the internet: Mewtwo was created by Team Rocket,

That's only in the animé and manga: Rocket has nothing to do with Mewtwo in the games.

Blaine and Mr. Fuji were scientists on the Mewtwo project,

This one actually sounds plausible.

Team Rocket owned Silph Co.,

Then why did they bother taking over Silph Co. if they owned it to begin with? Also, you'd think they'd be armed with Master Balls and Pokés better than Zubat and Rattatta.

Genesect is a Kabutops,

Kinda falls apart when you realise that Genesect is a Bug/Steel, and Kabutops is a Rock/Water type. So how did Kabutops get a Bug typing? Also, you'd think Plasma would keep those huge sickle claws...

That's only in the animé and manga: Rocket has nothing to do with Mewtwo in the games.

I know but it adds a little more to Mewtwo's back story. That's why it's part of my head cannon.

Then why did they bother taking over Silph Co. if they owned it to begin with? Also, you'd think they'd be armed with Master Balls and Pokés better than Zubat and Rattatta.

There was a copy-pasta about it which is where the idea came from. Let me see if I can find it.

Edit-Apparently it's disappeared off the face of the internet. The only point from it that I remember clearly was some of the Silph Co. scientists becoming a part of Team Rocket so quickly. Okay this is really going to bother me if I don't find it.

Kinda falls apart when you realise that Genesect is a Bug/Steel, and Kabutops is a Rock/Water type. So how did Kabutops get a Bug typing? Also, you'd think Plasma would keep those huge sickle claws...

Oh right. I forgot about the bug typing. Steel is explained away by the enhancements Plasma made but Bug. Hmmm...Maybe they stripped the shell away from Kabutops removing it's rock type and making it more bug like. Or perhaps it was an earlier ancestor of Kabutops. But then it still wouldn't be Kabutops. You've got me on this one.

Edited by Frosty Storm

SatAM Sonic's overly cocky attitude is a defense mechanism resulting from losing his Uncle and his home at such a young age.

Think about it for a minute. Sonic was a five year old. Children are very impressionable, and while he did show similar cockiness as a kid, I like to think that this attitude is something of a fall back for him. He's the only one of the active Freedom Fighters besides Bunnie with an extraordinary physical skill-- a power. Tails and Dulcy have abilities of their own, but as the former doesn't become an active FF until Season 2 and Dulcy doesn't even appear until then, Sonic's been their driving force for a considerably longer amount of time.

That kind of pressure combined with the pain of losing his only real family member is probably what drives him to make such reckless moves. If he stops to consider the repercussions of his actions, it'll only slow him down. All his worries and fears will catch up with him. And he does have plenty of those, as evidenced by Sonic's Nightmare. So, rather than appear weak, he puts on this highly confident facade and acts like he's the coolest thing out there. He rushes into danger spouting corny catchphrases and insults and treats fighting Robotnik like a game because, if he does, he can channel all that negativity in a way that isn't detrimental to himself, and he can appear strong and positive in a world that's overrun with darkness and despair.

The few times his emotions actually catch up with him occur in Ultra Sonic, Sonic Conversion, and the aforementioned Sonic's Nightmare. These are the rare times where he clearly doubts himself. Deep down, though, I like to think that his gloating is a way of convincing himself that he's a cool, tough, and downright amazing hero. Especially when you consider that he failed to save his Uncle not once, not twice, not even three, but four times throughout the course of the series. Even time travel failed him!

That being said, some of his cockiness, fun-loving attitude, and arrogance probably are legit. I just think that he purposely exaggerates them because it's the only way he can cope with the surrounding circumstances.

I feel like Rainbow Dash is similar in that, deep down, she probably has some insecurities which she masks behind her confident, self-praising attitude, but I'll have more on her later.

I don't feel you're beign that specific to be honest, everyone has insecurities including cocky little...so and so-s, but I think I know what your trying to say.

Edited by Mysterics

Knuckles, from time-to-time, talks with Chaos and/or Tikal since their sealing inside the Master Emerald. This is, of course, assuming they were sent back inside the ME after Adventure 1 ended. I'm not entirely sure, but I'm assuming that's so.

Anyway, think about it. An echidna's got to be pretty lonely guarding the Master Emerald by himself. Sure, there's the occasional thieving bat or wise-cracking hedgehog to talk to, but I'm sure there are long stretches of guardianship where it's just him and the big ol' glowing rock. Adding in his "sense" that he uses to find the emerald shards in the Adventure games, it might not be too farfetched to say that he chats it up with his ancestor and her water-logged friend every once in a while.

• Thumbs Up 2

Sonic 2006 didn't happen. No, I don't want to hear about how it was heavily referenced in Generations, it did not happen. I'll say the ending happened, where Sonic runs through Soleanna for a minute and gives a brief nod/smile/wink/wave/whatever it was to Elise, but the rest DID NOT HAPPEN GOD DAMMIT!

• Thumbs Up 8

The reason why the original Megaman doesn't appear in the X series? He was killed by himself in the past, after being reprogrammed by Doctor Wily into being Quint.

This is my headcanon and I'm gonna stick to it.

Edited by Humbug Nald

Healing spells and items in RPG's only heal flesh wounds and don't actually bring characters back from the dead. Notice how, in general, party members who die in RPG's are said to be "knocked out"? All your pathetic little Phoenix Downs and Life Bottles and Revival Beads or what have you can only put an unconscious character back on their feet, and Potions and Cures and what not can't actually heal mortal wounds.

And that's why no one used a Phoenix Down when Aerith died.

(This may be closer to Wild Mass Guessing, but I don't care; I had to post it somewhere =D)

Edited by Chris-T-Mas: The Revenge

I usually hate headcanon, but something did come to be when reading this topic.

In fiction there are many theories about time travel. One of which is the parallel time lines theory, which states that changing the past creates a new time line. Why do I bring this up? Because it explains how Blaze could be both 'from another dimension' and 'from the future'. It's not this time-line's future. It's the future that would have happened if Elise didn't blow out the flame.

Simples. *squeak*

Edit: That is, until the Sol Emeralds come up. Which is where this next one comes from. And it's a short one.

The country that Sonic 06 takes place in is called Soliana. It has it's own emeralds, but there's no way that Sonic knew about their existence because no-one told him about them.

Edited by Gerkuman
  • Thumbs Up 1

Okay, I really have to post this, although it is copy-pasted from my post in the Shadow the Hedgehog Game Topic:

This is my theory on the whole shtick regarding the Babylon Rogues being aliens and genies at the same time: My belief is that they are neither. I personally imagined them to be space-faring thieves, who after one of their flagships (in this case, Babylon Garden) fell onto Sonic's planet, claimed to be genies to explain their overly advanced technology to the locals. And then one of their engines overloaded and nearly caused a catastrophe, so they had to bury their own ship and split the engine into the Arks of the Cosmos, and hide the existence of Babylon and the Arks from their descendants until they could figure out how to undo the damage. As you can probably guess, it didn't work out like they intended.

Edited by Malpercio

• 3 weeks later...

Regarding Pokémon, I believe that Ghetsis' Hydreigon was forcefully evolved at the Lake of Rage during the events of Gen II.

To those who might not recall, the Gen II games and their remakes brought back Team Rocket as the main antagonists, with one of their bases of operations being an underground laboratory at Mahogany Town. Up north is the Lake of Rage, where the famous Red Gyarados came to be.

The Red Gyarados existed as a Magikarp who, because of radio waves that were being broadcasted from Team Rocket HQ, forcefully evolved. The same could be said with Lance's Dragonite, who was under-levelled when teaming up with the player character, seeing that Lance came to Mahogany to investigate: his Dragonair ended up being forced to evolve.

I thought of Ghetsis and his under-levelled Hydreigon, seeing that his grunts kept mentioning that they would not make the same stupid mistakes Rocket made. It only made sense to me that he did some "field work" in Rocket while bringing up Plasma, and his Zweilous might've evolved sooner as a result.

I also think that Iris' Hydreigon might be Ghetsis' as a runaway of sorts... I dunno, just a thought on that one.

• Thumbs Up 3

• 2 weeks later...

The movie Batman and Robin is intentionally terrible.

The reason this movie sucks is because Batman was so effective at cleaning up the city in the first 2 movies. All the competent criminals are smart enough to have just moved to a city without Batman. They saw that, if Batman could defeat foes who had intricate plans to program penguins to blow up the city, their own schemes did not stand a chance. The only criminals left in Gotham are the garish, over-the-top ones that need attention from Batman and the press. Their feckless criminal pursuits have left Batman bored; that's why he seems so bored and unenthusiastic and dumb and has lost the trademark intensity of Keaton and Bale. The height of these new attention-whoring criminals' insanity is neon and blacklight.

... but seriously now, screw Joel Schumacher.

• Thumbs Up 3