Awoo.

The Headcanon Topic

Aero

How about other people's headcanons?

Also fanon, headcanons that have grown pervasive, I've been curious as to why Sonic's supposed hydrophobia gained so much steam as a cross-franchise idea within the fandom,when as far as I can tell it only appeared in Sonic X, but  I guess being explanation for why he never actually learned to swim and because Sonic is too arrogant and/or stubborn to show much in the way of fear, making him obviously afraid of something more unusual than 'normal fear of drowning/being beaten to death isn't exactly on my to-do list/don't you dare touch Tails' was appealing. 

It also appeared in Underground.

As far as I'm concerned, Sonic is at least ashamed of his inability to swim. This is implied by his answer to Brenda's question in Sonic Unleashed when she asks what his weakness is. Sonic's exact answer is "I can't swim..." Note the leading-off on the end of the answer with the ellipsis which can be interpreted as shame.

The Storybook games seem to imply fear though. In the first mission of SatSR's Dinosaur Jungle, Sonic seems pretty terrified when the giant log comes over the waterfall and breaks the bridge he's standing on, plunging him into the river below and onto a small log and then Shahra asks him in a very teasing manner if he can swim. Then in one of SatBK's Camelot Castle's missions, Sonic relievedly comments about how he's thankful that the water is extremely shallow. He also expresses disgust at the marshland in Deep Woods.

Speaking of Unleashed though, my headcanon is that Sonic loves fast food, fruit and certain countries established delicacies but he detests Fish, seafood, Eggmanland's food and mouldy/rancid food.

Each food item in Unleashed has it's own EXP value when eaten. You can interpret that amount of EXP gained as being proportional to nutritive value as sensically, EXP derived from food can be used to increase Sonic's top speed and boost in normal form and overall health and physical power in Werehog form. Nutritive value is only one factor in a food items EXP value; How much Sonic likes the food is also a factor.

Just look at the EXP values of these items;

Fried Chicken - 30EXP

Chili Dog - 30EXP

Hot Dog Vendor Chili Dogs - 70EXP

Big G Steak  - 50EXP

Hero Sandwich  - 50EXP

Dureek  - 50EXP

Apple - 20EXP

Sandwich - 30EXP

Now compare to the fishy foods, the rotten foods and the Eggmanland foods

Molsk - 3EXP

Live Honker - 5EXP

Smoked Mohn - 10EXP

Canned Horror - 1EXP

Sandwich? - 1EXP

Poppin' Egg Corn - 1EXP

Egg Candy - 1EXP

Egg Dog - 1EXP

Egg-squisite Lunch - 1EXP

Bonus points for Sonic expressing distaste at the knowledge that Eggman's Bucket O' Sushi uses fish in Colours XD

The Storybook games seem to imply fear though. In the first mission of SatSR's Dinosaur Jungle, Sonic seems pretty terrified when the giant log comes over the waterfall and breaks the bridge he's standing on, plunging him into the river below and onto a small log and then Shahra asks him in a very teasing manner if he can swim. Then in one of SatBK's Camelot Castle's missions, Sonic relievedly comments about how he's thankful that the water is extremely shallow. He also expresses disgust at the marshland in Deep Woods.

Hmm, it's evidence against me I guess, but he seems more than tolerant of water when it's on his terms.

SatSR he actively enjoys surfing in much more dangerous conditions, leading to Shahra's usual questioning of his sanity,  though I guess I don't exactly see   'screw fear it's a fun anyway." as being outside of him.

Edited by Mysterics

Hmm, it's evidence against me I guess, but he seems more than tolerant of water when it's on his terms.

SatSR he actively enjoys surfing in much more dangerous conditions, leading to Shahra's usual questioning of his sanity. 

Not to mention how he states that he loves coming to the ocean in Pirate Storm 0_o;; Then again that line implied that he likes visiting the ocean, not getting into the water.

I have a couple of theories.

My first one:

Waluigi is actually Wario's boyfriend/husband/lover and might be in an ubiqitious relationship.

I use this whenever I want to play an alternative to the Waluigi is Wario's brother theory because, I have many well thought out paths in a scenario if one proves false. So far, if anyone is up on their Mario mythos they are well aware of the shaky relationship status between Waluigi and Wario in part of Nintendo.

A big clue comes to the surface when we realize that Nintendo seems to avoid or change the relationship every time the question is asked, swinging between brother to friend to unknown. If this seems eerily similar to you then it should be - because they did the same thing when it came to acknowledging the fact that Birdo and Vivian are transgendered due to "cultural concerns". Japan tends to overtly and comically play homosexual stereotypes in their media or outright avoid them altogether in some games (By the way in the KC Wario Land Manga produced with Nintendo's help, Beefne (http://www.mariowiki.com/Beefne ) is considered gay and has a crush on Mario, so this shows that there are gay characters in Mario culture even if they are downplayed until they get to a manga.)

scan0072.jpg

So subtle. Later him, Luigi and Wario dress up in drag and Mario supposedly gets an erection from it. I shit you not.

No,

really. Did you think I was kidding?

scan0015.jpg

scan0016.jpg

scan0017.jpg

scan0018.jpg

But back to Waluigi. Aside from his creeper status comes hints of flamboyancy that shines through his character (again stereotypical hallmarks in Japanese media culture for gay men) like dancing, feminine colors (purple and pink - yes pink is seen sometimes as an accent color with him) and certain subtle gestures for someone who is so secretive about themself. There is a reason why Waluigi is usually crowned the king of Mario Yaoi in the fandom.

Still no drag in the games like his doppelganger...yet.

We can wax and debate about the man's mysterious sexuality until Xenu reigns down supreme upon the Earth, but let's get back to the real topic at hand - Waluigi's status with his compadre.

If not related by blood, Waluigi could have a serious crush on Wario gauging how he doesn't like to let things go at all (again some slight Luigi did to him for example). Because of probably what happened to the man in the past at some point, Waluigi could have security issues which Wario provides, filling voids in both the primal ( shelter, money, food, and sex) with advanced needs (fame, reassurance, narcissism, protection, mischief and pedagogy - assuring that Wario is teaching him the skills in underhanded thievery and world domination) reassuring comfort to a degree with a man who drives the same bargains ( financial gain and some mechanical engineering for Wario, heavy mechanical engineering to the point of genius and some financial gain from Waluigi) and hates/dislikes a similar group of people (Mario and Luigi.) with a hint of czarish power and insanity that he devours.

Who else in their right mind would put up with an annoying man who eats, sleeps, has rude manners and smells like someone spilled your mother's Italian cooking on the gym locker floor?

Waluigi would.

Again, while Waluigi is considered the the most secretive out of all four men, he is also considered the most emotional and insecure.

Think about Wario's love for possession (both the inanimate and sentient) and his jealousy for a second: Wario already has a girlfriend (Mona) and a slew of female friends, so Waluigi as a hanger-on would pose a serious threat to stealing one of his girlfriends (mainly Mona) behind his back, right? Wario doesn't seem worried, even though we don't see Waluigi in Diamond City at all - Wario is either hiding a relationship, lying about his relationship or Waluigi just doesn't care about them at all seeing that they are no threat to his precious.

Now there comes a level of slavering fanboyism that Waluigi craves from this relationship, the desire to be with Wario in every way to the point of looking like him to some degree (Nintendo Power suggests that Waluigi wears eyeliner and mascara.) Again, why haven't we seen Waluigi go after Daisy or Peach or any other girl since he seems to exude an oily secretion of sexual innuendo?

He's probably not interested. They have nothing to provide to him like Wario does. If Waluigi hasn't succeeded in garnishing Wario's love as of yet, his persistence and patience kicks into overdrive until he does conquer him.

Wario is happy about it because he has someone who seemingly in secret likes to worship him and also it just happens to be another one of his possessions that he can claim to but on a more personal level - remember, Wario is overtly greedy.

And here lies the problem to Waluigi. Does Wario love him back equally or does he suffer from a one-sided relationship, blinded by lust and other needs like the proverbial Harley Quinn? Wario is also happy to slough off the hard work upon Waluigi's back, making him take the brunt of some of his problems because the big man is also quite lazy.

The relationship at some aspects could be considered abusive if viewed from the unrequited side, but if that isn't the case, Wario could be providing loads of fun and benefits to the other man (again, Wario has hinted to having a softer, albeit hidden side.) which explains why he might stay so damn committed to Waluigi's cheating, lying, annoying ass.

640px-MSMart4.png

Gives a new meaning to 'what what in the butt.'

Edited by Scheming Minor

Superman's Powers are Mildly Psychic: 

In Superman comics, the Man of Steel's power has a tendency to fluctuate. Some issues he can sneeze and shatter planets. My idea? Superman is insanely strong, but he needs to try to be strong. 

He has a base strength and if you sneak up on him someone like Bane or Aquaman get in a few hits and even draw blood. But as soon as he starts focusing...not even Darkseid could move him.

The Mario in Donkey Kong is the father of the Mario and Luigi in Super Mario Bros (and they have quite a few kids)

The idea of Jumpman being the father of Super Mario has been knocked around for a while and I kind of like it, it fits in with Cranky Kong being the original Donkey Kong.

Now, since this is the headcanon thread I'm gonna go ahead and say that I think Mario Sr. was Brooklyn born and raised and discovered a way to the Mushroom Kingdom, where he and his wife Pauline had...several children: Wario, twin boys Mario and Luigi, twin girls Giana and Maria (why not, eh?) Waluigi and Pauline (from Mario vs Donkey Kong).

Edited by The Conductor

So me and sister decided that everything in fiction happened but at different places and times obviously.

Like for example Sailor Moon happened when Dethklok was starting out and that was in the 90s since its not really present day anymore. Dethklok causes the Metalocalypse which is a major event and everything post-Metalocalypse (eg. Basara) happens. The Gods and The Endless exist and Mythical Detective Loki Ragnarok takes place several years after The Sandman, due the fact that the Norse Gods are still around in modern times and they were important in The Sandman. Etc.

I think it makes sense.

• 2 weeks later...

My head-canon isn't necessarily the same as 'how I think they should be written in the series'

Hell, sometimes a character has more than one portrayal I take a strong liking to so my headcanon ends up looking more like 'whatever I most feel like writing a fanfic about, dammit." Mysterics, please write fanfic.

But I am pretty well decided on

Edited by Mysterics

• 1 month later...

I had a thought regarding Sonic rivalries: Knuckles sees Sonic as a rival, while Sonic sees him as an ally who he loves teasing. Meanwhile, Sonic sees Shadow as his rival, but Shadow considers him a moron. Shadow shows mild respect to Knuckles, who sees him as an arrogant prick. And all three consider Silver a kid who is way out of his league. The Silver of my mind would be a kid who recently discovered his powers and is too inexperienced to use it well and keeps trying to do more than he can actually handle, for clarification. Thoughts?

Guess I'll throw one of my own head-canons here.

Merlin died before the events of SatBK. Since he's Merlina's grandfather and taught her everything he knows about magic. The two were very close despite her disagreement with how he sets the kingdom's future in stone. Since the game takes some cues from the original story of King Arthur when Merlina explains how the kingdom falls (Lancelot and Gawain causing a rift disbanding the Knights, Arthur getting killed by his son Mordred and departing for Avalon) it could've also taken the part where Merlin evetually leaves Camelot as he grows old just so he could die alone where no one will mourn his passing. I could just imagine how devastated Merlina must've been for such a loss and for her not to be allowed to be with him in his last hours. Which sorta leaves with another possible maybe even subconcious reason for her goal for an everlasting kingdom. While she knows how the story will end on a bad note, deep down she never got over her grandfather's death. 

Edited by DarkLight
  • Thumbs Up 5

Since the Master Emerald was an artifact of great religious and military significance to the ancient echidnas, Knuckles guards it partially because deep down he wants to believe that if any remaining echidnas were left, they would ultimately return to the shrine.

The reason why there has been no mention of anyone replicating the supposed universal cure in Shadow is because you can only use it once and extracting said cure kills the host somehow. Shadow was intended to be Maria’s “donor”.

The blue healing units in particular were extracted from chaos creature experiments, killing them in the process as well. This is the reason why they became hostile and attacked the scientists when the original chaos would only go on a rampage after provoked. Considering how both Shadow and the biolizard were feverishly adamant about carrying out Gerald’s plans to the point of suicide and attempting mass slaughter, in addition to Gerald mentioning that he was screwing with some positive/negative doohickeys that influence the chaos creatures’ behavior before they went nuts, it doesn’t take too much imagination to think that Gerald brainwashed his experiments so that they’d be willing to sacrifice their lives for science. 

• Thumbs Up 1

Since the Master Emerald was an artifact of great religious and military significance to the ancient echidnas, Knuckles guards it partially because deep down he wants to believe that if any remaining echidnas were left, they would ultimately return to the shrine.

The reason why there has been no mention of anyone replicating the supposed universal cure in Shadow is because you can only use it once and extracting said cure kills the host somehow. Shadow was intended to be Maria’s “donor”.

The blue healing units in particular were extracted from chaos creature experiments, killing them in the process as well. This is the reason why they became hostile and attacked the scientists when the original chaos would only go on a rampage after provoked. Considering how both Shadow and the biolizard were feverishly adamant about carrying out Gerald’s plans to the point of suicide and attempting mass slaughter, in addition to Gerald mentioning that he was screwing with some positive/negative doohickeys that influence the chaos creatures’ behavior before they went nuts, it doesn’t take too much imagination to think that Gerald brainwashed his experiments so that they’d be willing to sacrifice their lives for science. 

That whole bit about the universal cure and one time usage kind of reminds me of the "Code" from Code Geass. The Code is carried by those who can grant Geass, a power that resonates from the user's deepest wish. This materializes in the form of a bird like aura that resides in one of the user's eyes at will.

The person carrying the Code is immortal (as well as immune to the effects of Geass) until they find a Geass user who can grant their wish. They can then grant their "code" to that Geass user, but at the cost of their own life.

It also reminds me of a head canon that some folks of that series believe in based on the aforementioned:

Lelouch, the title character, is alive and well, and the latest and current carrier of the "Code".

I'm putting this behind a spoiler alert for those of you who might be fans and don't want to hear this, so if you clicked on this and read on further, don't get mad at me.

Based on what I mentioned about the "Code" earlier, Lelouch has met the conditions for being a potential candidate for the "Code". In Season 1, or R1, he uses his Geass power, the ability to implant subconscious commands into a person's heart to the point where he can no longer turn it "off". An example of this is the unfortunate massacre carried on by his half sister, Euphemia when he jokingly suggested she massarce the Japanese.

In R2, or Season 2, he still has this condition with his Geass, and it manifests to the point where he has it in both eyes, or the full Geass. This happened after one of the reasons for him using Geass proved to be nothing more than an elaborate coverup/lie;  he had sought to use Geass to make a world where he and his disabled sister, Nunnally could live in peace - but also to find out and avenge his mother's death. He would not only find out that his mother's death had been staged/carried out in jealousy, but that his mother could care less about him or his sister.

The last condition - Geass' complete fulfillment of the Geass holder's wish - parallel's how C.C., the current carrier of the "Code", as well as the one who granted Lelouch his Geass, came to inherit it herself. Before becoming immortal, she was initially a poor girl who was granted Geass with the ability for those around her to love her. She eventually manifested the ability in both eyes and could no longer turn it off, resulting in everyone around her being tranced into loving her, which she grew bored with. Only then is she granted the "Code" by the previous holder, who dies upon receipt.

Now, here's where it gets really weird. C.C. nearly lost her "Code" to Lelouch's father, another Geass user who had met the previous requirements. However, right before she can, Lelouch saves her (as he did not want her to die unhappy), but she awakes with the memories of her life prior to having been granted Geass/Code. She eventually has her memories restored and even watches on as Lelouch goes on to fulfill his wish - a world in which his sister Nunnally can live peacefully.

The result of this is that he causes the world to hate him so much, that his death ushers in a new era of peace. He does this by taking over his father's empire, nearly destroying the world, and then having his best friend Suszaku disguised as his alter ego, Zero assassinate him.

All planned. He dies with a smile on his face and comforted by his sister, but one has to wonder why he died so happy, right?

By dying, he not only killed the 'evil' him, but brought redemption to and became a new symbol of hope through his previous alter ego.

Or maybe also because he knew he would be granted the "Code".

Another key component to this is the fact that C.C. is often seen conversing with people that can't be seen, or who are out of view. After his death, she's seen riding on top of a cart of hay traversing the countryside, pondering about how she'd been wrong about the power of Geass, while saying his name, as if in conversation.

Again, another weird moment, as those with the "Code" tend to die shortly after passing it on to the new holder. However, both examples of this (her granter, as well as V.V.) were both mortally wounded during the precise exchange. Perhaps she had already granted her "Code" to Lelouch, orchestrated the assassination, and later met up to travel the world?

I dunno, it's weird. Code Geass was weird. I'd like to think that Lelouch got to live on.

• 1 month later...

My status today:

Headcanon: E-123 Omega was one of Eggman's finest machines...at least in Omega's mind. After Eggman overlooked him one too many times, he decided to defect over to GUN due to his ego. His idea of an application for entry into GUN would be to go create a terrorist cell and cause havoc for GUN, and then challenge GUN's most powerful in order to "prove his worthiness" to GUN...somehow this was a lot easier to phrase in my head than in writing.

Hyper Go-On Power, when it drained from Wisps or corrupted as a result instead of simply 'borrowed' (Like what Sonic does to temporarily change form) has the inherent property of consumption and warps the minds of those who are impacted by it.

Noticed this when I was playing Sonic Colours last night.

Eggman is leeching this energy to power his mind control cannon but when it is destroyed, the energy forms a black hole that consumes everything within a massive range and can apparently teleport people within it to different areas of space. Notice how the black hole created by the accident only becomes bigger and faster the more of the park it consumes.

This is the exact same properties of Sonic's Void and Frenzy forms which are powered by Nega Wisps that have corrupted Hyper Go-On power, the same energy powering the cannon. Violet Void form increases in size, can consume heavier and farther away objects and moves faster upon eating them and Purple Frenzy increases in size with every object that he eats ravenously. Both are also invincible.

Whatsmore, the property of this energy to warp the mind and make it vulnerable to suggestion and prone to violence (As evidenced by Tails attempting to hit Sonic when he was put under it) is prevalent in both the mind control beam and the way Sonic acts like a mindless rampaging monster when he turns into Void or Frenzy form, fixated on eating and eating only.

• Thumbs Up 2

• 2 weeks later...

So when I was playing Sonic '06 for the second time (only to show my friend the true terror within in person), we started to make up our own hypothesis regarding what the game's story should be seen as. And eventually, we came to a startling conclusion:

Sonic the Hedgehog 2006 is an incredibly warped, bizarro version of Fritz Lang's Metropolis.

No, really. The hints are right there.

Dr. Ivo Robotnik is Joh Frederson, for he terrorizes the kingdom of Soleanna and turns it into an oppressive state in order to create his Eggmanland, ergo, his Metropolis (Zone). He also seeks the Flames of Disaster, Iblis. Also, he walks with his hands behind his back a lot.

Sonic the Hedgehog is Freder Frederson, completely opposed to Robotnik's misguided ways, and will do anything he can to set things right regardless of what people think of him.

The Duke of Soleanna and Mephiles the Dark are both Dr. Rotwang. The Duke went insane when his wife died, and tried to experiment in order to revive her. It backfired and killed him, whilst creating both a fiery demon and a mist of darkness. Said darkness in it's primal form somehow "copied" the Duke's insanity to gain true sentience (obviously). This new person, Mephiles, wants to reunite with Iblis. Also, the Duke and Mephiles both have weird gesticulation problems.

Princess Elise is Maria, for she is head over heels for Sonic (and probably vice-versa), and is the target of both Robotnik and Mephiles' nasty deeds.

The Duke's Wife is Hel, as it is she that is the driving force of the Duke's actions.

Iblis is the Robot "Maria" (originally meant to be the Robot "Hel"), as it was (one of) the result(s) of an experiment, and it is she(?) that is the driving force of Mephiles' actions. Meanwhile, Robotnik hopes to use it for his own purposes.

Silver the Hedgehog is Grot, believing himself to be the "guardian" of his future.

Lord Regis is the Thin Man, operating in the city under the private orders of Robotnik.

Sonic Man is Josaphat, for he was a former worker before Robotnik fired him. Not knowing what to do since he was to forever roam the land of machines (more on that in a bit), he donned a costume of Robotnik's sworn enemy to spite him.

Dumbass the Captain is Georgy 11811, because much like how Georgy sacrificed his life, the Captain sacrificed Sonic's time.

The following characters are the representations of the Seven Deadly Sins:

Miles "Tails" Prower is Sloth, because he tires out too fucking fast.

Knuckles the Echidna is Pride, because that's what's broken when he fails to catch the hologram device.

Shadow the Hedgehog is Wrath, because he's always going "AAAAARRRRRRGGGGGGGHHHHHH!!!!" and "DON'T TOUCH IT!" and "NOOOOOOOO!!!!" and all that.
Rouge the Bat is Lust, because it's Rouge the Bat.
E-123 Omega is Gluttony, because nothing satisfies his taste for destruction more than putting bullets in fiery lizards that vaguely sound as if they're saying "WinRAR!"
Amy Rose is Envy, because she is secretly jealous of Elise when it's discovered that it's Sonic she is in love with.
Blaze the Cat is Greed, because she has those flames all for herself.

The citizens of Soleanna are the workers, slaved away by Robotnik offscreen to work in the abandoned Aquatic Base to find a way to revive Iblis.

The NPCs of Soleanna are the wealthy, for they are actually robotic duplicates designed by Robotnik to mimic the real citizens, in an effort to throw the authorities off his trail. They look incredibly lifelike, save for a few little clues that they aren't completely human (their lack of emotional range, their erratic hand gestures, their perfectly synchronised dancing skills).

The Egg Carrier is the Heart Machine. Like the latter, the Egg Carrier will randomly malfunction and explode at the blink of an eye.

Solaris is Death. It highlights the Duke/Mephiles and his wife finally reuniting, and subsequent ascension to the heavens above.

And finally, the mediator is your frustration, the head is your twitchy eye, the hand is your clenched fist, and the heart is the money that SEGA got from this game.

See? It's all a subtle slandering of the 1927 classic. Bastards.

• Thumbs Up 6

• 1 month later...

Dr Eggman intended his Egg Carrier to be staffed by humans rather than robots when he was constructing it

There are toilets...

sww9ph.png

Command centers with seats for humans...

wmnfkh.png

And multiple poolside loungers in the swimming pool area...

i6ea74.png

And there's a monorail.

Of course Eggman...being Eggman, it was impossible for him to find human employees. So he quickly constructed the E-series gunner robots to fill in the positions of the human staff, explaining why Gamma wasn't constructed until after the Egg Carrier was created and why Eggman says that the Egg Carrier is actually in need of a good crew; He couldn't find humans to fill in the positions of crew so he had to create specialized robots to do so instead, explaining the E-series gunner 'bots, the 'maid' robots you see cleaning around the Egg Carrier and the sentry robots patrolling the inside area of the ship.

The prison area with it's three cells was constructed to imprison any human staff who stepped out of line.

• Thumbs Up 6

• 2 months later...

Welp, I recently came up with a headcanon... a very nonsensical one, too...

Terminal Velocity Act 1's music is the emergency alarm of Eggman's theme park.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Aq0QE11vEWE

The section from 1:17 to 1:37 really sounds alarm-worthy in my opinion... even when I actually played the act, it felt like the same case. It's a strange thought alright, but I still think it nonetheless.

The reason Station Square is nowhere to be found in Unleashed is because Eggman just slapped Eggmanland on top of the remains.

In SA1 he was trying to destroy station square and build "Robotnikland" on top of it and OH LOOK AT WHAT CITY IS NICE AND DESTROYED BY THE END OF SA1 HMM.

So yeah, while the rest of the games up to Unleashed went on Eggman planned that in the background. Also it makes sense that Station Square has a Gaia Temple in the area because the close by Mystic Ruins is closely related to the Chaos Emeralds and stuff.

So yeah.