Awoo.

Best Comedy Moments in Games!

Danj86

super-mario-3d-land-star-coin-640x325.jpg

Yeah, there is certainly many gold star games that have excellent LOL moments. I can think of 2 types of comedy moments we could share with each other, if you can think of any others, please feel free to mention it.

The 2 are "Best/Most Memorable Comedy Moment" and "Best/Most Memorable Comedic Game Play Mishap."

You want to share both your best and most memorable moments of the same category, you are free to do so. Just remember, no boring lists. Explain to us why it was funny, or if possible, show it.

Unfortunately, I'm conflicted on what I would call "the best comedy moment." I've played so many games, with some hilarious writing. Paper Mario, Banjo-Kazooie, Madworld, Mario & Luigi, Disgaea, Makai Kingdom, the list goes on...

But I do find it easy to pick my most memorable moment, as even though it's been years since I heard the song, I still remember most of the words and still have a clear image of the character in my mind.

Most Memorable Comedy Moment: Conker's Bad Fur Day (N64)

WARNING - The follow linked video contains foul language and foul everything else, with music and singing.

The Great Mighty Poo Song & Boss Fight

I was a miserable pre-teen at the time. I remember thinking some content of the game was a bit too much. I wasn't a fan of the more gory scenes and I remember freakin' out when I was surrounded by zombies. I did learn that I would be safe if I stood on a tombstone and start shooting to f**kers.

But back to the poo.

There's a sentence you'll never hear again!

Before the fight starts you get a Jaws parody, I'll bet Alexander would enjoy that. It's not on the video I linked, but if you look, you might be able to find it.

The whole segment was just...so...random. Like most of the game, I suppose. The song was kinda catchy too. I do enjoy the beginning the best, as you can hear the sweet corn that Poo is holding, clearly panicking.

So, yeah. It wasn't just because their was swearing. It takes more then bad language and toilet humour to make me laugh. lol

This next one will need some explaining, just in case. "Best/Most Memorable Comedic Game Play Mishap" is referring to moments in games that are hilarious, but not planned. It could happen anytime and on any game. Either through a mistake you made, a glitch or a coincidence. You might get a better grasp of what I mean after I share my own.

Best & Most Memorable Comedic Game Play Mishap: Saints Row: The Third (360)

Saints-Row-3_IMAGE_1299169413-000.jpg

The Classic Chase

My choice for best is also the most memorable and it comes from sandbox game, Saints Row: The Third.

I started a chop shop mission that sent me to my target vehicle that was owned by a rival gang. I tried to get the drop on them by shooting at my enemies while taking cover behind a wall but I accidentally shot the wall which revealed my location so I panicked and decided to just rush in, take the car and drive away as fast as possible. As I smashed my way back to the main road, the car I was in was set to the classical music station.

So once I finally made it back to the road, this song started to play.

So that's what I mean by a gaming mishap. Something that wasn't planned or likely ever happen again. Not every gamer may get moments like these, so don't worry about it. Just leave it out.

Something to note however. The topic uses the words "in Games" which obviously means they have to be a part of the actual game and not be some random shit from the internet about the game.

128946852123582446.jpg

• Thumbs Up 4

The mere idea of this is genius! Iizuka proved himself to be quite the comedy talent when he made this!

This game is full of classic comedy moments honestly! Fully intentional comedy that's not supposed to be taken seriously! THAT'S WHAT IT WAS, RIGHT GUYS? RIGHT GUYS?!?

Edited by The Merry Joker

Most memorable comedy moment? Well, there's a lot, but here's one.

This scene. I don't think you can get any better than seeing Dante perform theatre. The entire thing is overplayed to the point to where it's more than just hammy, it's comedy gold. Dante's and Agnus's back and forths are just absolutely perfect, the dramatic lighting and spotlghts, the over the top gesturing, an overly dramatic musical score, and fucking confetti. This is probably the best pre-boss cutscene ever; it had me in stitches the moment the spotlight shined on Dante.

Edited by Giggle All The Way
  • Thumbs Up 3

This one made me frikkin' LOL the first time I saw it. Still does matter of fact;

Nabooru the Iron Knuckle forgets her axe

I never expected a little comedic moment like that at all. Yet the way it's done is hilarious. Nabooru is so out of it due to the hypnosis the Twinrova sister's have placed her in that she doesn't realize that she is not holding her weapon. She looks quizzically at her hands then nonchalantly clicks her fingers and it materializes.

Completely unexpected, incredibly comical and yet not over the top either.

Considering what happens with the salt lick later on, and the general grim tone of the game, this is comedy gold.

I don't know about you guys... but this little sequence in Heavy Rain had me absolutely floored

WARNING: Stuff relevant to the game's age restriction applies here:

Madison's interrogation tactics

His facial expression during the 'busy' moment is what I define as diamond encrusted 24 carat comedy gold.

There's a few games I love that are full of hilarious moments (The No One Lives Forever series and most of LucasArts' titles come to mind, and a lot of stuff in Hell Yeah! made me laugh more recently), but rather than narrow it down I'm just going with this scene for now... the game was horrible, but this is one of the funniest things I've ever seen.

From Spider-Man 3: The Video Game.

Was playing this with my little cousin when it first came out and he didn't hit RT in time when prompted, and the above sequence played out. Needless to say, neither of us could breathe for the next few minutes because it was just so unexpected and hilarious. I'm still not sure what the best part is; the way he faceplants on to the concrete, the woman's crazy eyes, or the way she says "I'm going to die!" right as he's going down. It's just total unintentional genius and it absolutely made the game for me.

• Thumbs Up 6

Ace Trainer Johnny challenged you to a battle!

Ace Trainer Johnny sent out Graveller!

Go Haunter!

The foes Graveller used Self- Destruct!

It doesn't affect Haunter....

The foes Graveller fainted!

Haunter gained over 9000 EXP!

In Saints the Third, one of the villains is a fucking massive, buff-to-the-nines lucha libre wrestler, and to get you up to the task of defeating them you enlist the help of a former rival of his that once had his masked removed by the same guy. Because, you know, lucha wrestlers are pretty touchy about that kind of thing. So he trains you with the skills necessary to beat him. And by "trains", I mean sends you out on increasingly ludicrous shit... okay okay, ludicrous by Saints standards shit. The final mission in this training just takes the cake - Angel calls up and claims the next mission is simply to "go for a drive". It sounds genuinely innocent at first, but what's the first thing you see when you start?

98123+-+lauren_faust+Lauren_Faust_is_this_awesome+saints_row+Saints_Row_The_Third+tiger.PNGThat's right, you're expected to drive a fucking tiger around and prevent it from mauling you. Even better still when your character confronts Angel about it afterwards - normally the protagonist is an extremely chatty person no matter the circumstance, but as soon as he gets back the only thing he has to say is "A fucking tiger? A FUCKING TIGER!?!?"

Easily the funniest and most memorable part of the game for me.

• Thumbs Up 3

First one that comes to mind is Spider-man 2

(sorry for the crappy quality, skip to 2:50)

Since Mysterio's chapter of the game was imo the most annoying one (only because of the "fun" carnival you have to fight through, I wasn't expecting him to randomly show up so soon again. Before you can even go like "Oh shit, Mysterio's back?" You see his health bar go way beyond the normal bosses' health, 3 fucking bars. My first reaction after seeing this was to just run forward and charge at him with a punch, and what happens?

He's beaten. One tiny little punch, and it destroys the guy. I was expecting this epic challenging climatic battle, so after I punched him I just skipped the next cutscene and kept laughing like an idiot for a few minutes.

Speaking of Spiderman, the original game for the PS1/N64 had alot of good writing and comedic moments too. Like the Venom Chase for example

(Skip to 36 seconds)

Two parts in the video always stuck out to me.

Venom randomly shows up "Hey wanna race!? Hahaha!"

"Parker hates it when I get the drop on him!"

"Ugh, I hate it when he gets the drop on me!"

And I can't forget that funny chase scene at 2:30.

Also since someone's gonna eventually do it,

Portal 2 is pretty much the definition of this thread, and most of it is mainly thanks to this little dude

250px-Wheatley.png

There's just way too many funny lines in this game. To name 'em all would take up around 10 pages of this thread, so I'll just leave this video here

Best of Wheatley 1/4 (or Basically 70% of Portal 2)

http://www.youtube. com/watch?v=E1UsU-mT0Go

Remove the space between the ( dot) and com

Hmm, most memorable comedy moment, eh?

(Portal 2 spoilers)

THE ENTIRE THING

okay, if I had to pick a certain scene, it would be when you meet GLaDOS in her chamber and Wheatley comes tumbling in the toxin tube. "I hate you so much."