Awoo.

HipHopGamer Hears from E3 Reps: Nintendo has Considered Purchasing SEGA

Autosaver

Why? Platinum Games is awesome, it's recent and all that stuff.

True, plus the fact that they are pretty much best buds right now must have helped, but they still went to a great amount of trouble just to get an obscure franchise from SEGA revived.

Will we see Space Channel, Skies of Arcadia, JSR or something like that again? I doubt it.

You never know. And hey, didn't Miyamoto have a keen interest in NiGHTS?

True, plus the fact that they are pretty much best buds right now must have helped, but they still went to a great amount of trouble just to get an obscure franchise from SEGA revived.

Because it's bloody worth it. They get a great amount of money from the game cos' it's obviously gonna do well.

You never know. And hey, didn't Miyamoto have a keen interest in NiGHTS?

Really? Oh, that'd be nice but it's quite of a low possiblity now.

I don't like the idea of being forced to buy a Wii-U just to enjoy a series I love so much. So I'll be happy if Nintendo can stay far away from SEGA.

• Thumbs Up 1

I hope it's bullshit. If Nentendo owned sega, Sonic games would forever be for little children with childish setting and childish humor with barebones stories. Anyways, do not want.

I hope it's bullshit. If Nentendo owned sega, Sonic games would forever be for little children with childish setting and childish humor with barebones stories. Anyways, do not want.

Few things wrong with that statement, buddy. You might want to read it over.

Was Sonic ever supposed to be anything but?

Yes, definitely. Sonic has showed a lot more than Mario in terms of setting, morality and other plot-related things.

Few things wrong with that statement, buddy. You might want to read it over.
I knew some of you would disagree. I agree to disagree and I see nothing wrong in my statement. I see Sonic as a franchise more rich and more for all ages than Mario which I see as a franchise for everyone but with childish style. I'm not sure I explained that properly but that's the way I see it. Edited by ArtFenix

I like Sega being multi-platform, thank you very much.

I'm just gonna go ahead and repeat this.

Last thing I want is for Sonic to be console exclusive here. Even if Koizumi's gonna take creative reigns of franchises like Mario come around next year, I'd much rather third party companies by out Sega instead.

• Thumbs Up 1

Yes, definitely. Sonic has showed a lot more than Mario in terms of setting, morality and other plot-related things.

I knew some of you would disagree. I agree to disagree and I see nothing wrong in my statement. I see Sonic as a franchise more rich and more for all ages than Mario which I see as a franchise for everyone but with childish style. I'm not sure I explained that properly but that's the way I see it.

I don't think Sonic ever had a stage called Hell Prominence Galaxy, brah. Just saying it'll be fine if it's going to be Genesis or Modern Style. Sonic Adventure, Sonic '06, and other similar games can go die in a fire as far as I'm concerned but, even then Nintendo would probably let it fly. Paper Mario 2's final boss was an ancient demon.

Edit: You forgot this one, SOAP.

2jbpjky.jpg

WAAAAAAAAY more serious than any Sonic game ever.

Edited by Kringle Of Awesome

250px-MetroidPrimebox.jpg

250px-The_Legend_of_Zelda_Twilight_Princess_Game_Cover.jpg

Eternal_Darkness_box.jpg

oh

You fail because you didn't include this:

Zelda-Majoras-Mask-3DS-Possible.jpg

Because it's bloody worth it. They get a great amount of money from the game cos' it's obviously gonna do well.

Maybe so, but it's still a risk with a third party title that proves wrong all accusations that Nintendo doesn't have the ball-bearings to dig up franchises for the fans.

Really? Oh, that'd be nice but it's quite of a low possiblity now.

If SEGA stays third party, yes, it is farfetched. But if they did get together with Nintendo, I think that Miyamoto wouldn't just ignore the one series he wishes he had the privilege to make.

I think the word you are searching for is "cartoony", not childish.

Sonic isn't Mario, Nintendo wouldn't treat it like Mario. Though I would think they'd favor how the series is right now because...the adventure era was stupid, let's face it.

I think the word you are searching for is "cartoony", not childish.
Maybe. I just like Sonic the way he was in the modern games (except Colors and Generations) and I don't like the way the Mario franchise looks. To me it looks too cartoony and childish. It may be OK for Mario but I don't think it's OK for Sonic. Sonic should be different from Mario as much as possible.

the adventure era was stupid, let's face it.
No it wasn't. The last two game - that was stupid. The adventure series continued and expanded upon the classics in terms of the universe and characters. The last two games (and Unleashed to some extent) downgraded in that regard a lot by making stories barebones and stupid and by making Sonic too one-sided happy-go-lucky character but that's for another topic. Edited by ArtFenix

I knew some of you would disagree. I agree to disagree and I see nothing wrong in my statement. I see Sonic as a franchise more rich and more for all ages than Mario which I see as a franchise for everyone but with childish style. I'm not sure I explained that properly but that's the way I see it.

Thing is, just because Sonic would be owned by Nintendo (in this hypothetical case) doesn't mean it will be as "barebones" as Mario is. You act like if Nintendo owns Sega Sonic will suddenly change into a Mario clone. Nintendo does have series under its belt that are rich in story and setting. If Nintendo did buy Sega, I'm assuming they'd keep the developers around and just let them do their thing, rather than reinvent Sonic from the ground up. The only major change I could see is Sega no longer being a publisher, just a developer.

You say Mario is childish, but I don't know how that has anything to do with Nintendo as a whole being childish.

Allow me to put this to rest guys:

Well yeah, but I don't think they would take any other direction than that of Mario.

Look, you see this guy right here?Yoshiaki_Koizumi_2007.jpg

This is Yoshiaki Koizumi. This is the guy who's suppose to take Miyamoto's mantle regarding Nintendo's franchises. He's the one responsible for the story in Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask, Rosalina's story in Galaxy (and he had to sneak that under their noses) and a bunch of other accomplishments in Nintendo.

What's more? This guy also happens to agree with your position regarding stories in Nintendo franchises, and would very much love to see Nintendo games have more stories into them. Meaning that you won't have to worry anymore about barebone plots were he to take over. Heck we had a short discussion in the Paper Mario 3DS topic regarding this guy given the game's little plot.

That being said, I'm against Nintendo acquiring Sega because I want Sonic to be available for more than one console instead. But if it comes to pass that Nintendo acquires Sega and owns Sonic, while I would be disappointed at being required to only own a Nintendo console to get my Sonic fix I would find something enjoyable if Koizumi were to be in charge of the franchise.

Edited by ChaosSupremeSonic
  • Thumbs Up 1

You act like if Nintendo owns Sega Sonic will suddenly change into a Mario clone.
Yes, that's my biggest fear.

ChaosSupremeSonic. thanks man)). Maybe Sonic is not doomed if owned by Nintendo after all..

In that case, if I were to choose between dead Sonic and N. Sonic, I would choose the latter. As of now, Sonic is fine in SEGA hands (but far from perfect).

I would much rather Nintendo put in a bid for THQ. If they could grab the Darksiders, Metro, Warhammer 40,000 et al licenses, and developers like Relic, holy balls their potential game roster just got massively more diverse.

Retro Studios + Warhammer 40k = Epic Shooty Times

Relic & Creative Assembly + Wii U = Console RTS megafunepictimesforall

I hope not because THQ own the Saints Row series and I am not buying a Ninetendo, just for that game. dry.png

How about Ninetendo try and make more diverse games themselves?

EDIT: Also SEGA now own Warhammer 4000 series apparently I also forgot that some developers on THQ are big fans of the Wii U namely the developers of the Metro series who apparently stopped development on the Wii U version because apparently it wasn't good enough?

Edited by BW199148

And not all Mario stories have been lighthearted and childish. I mean, look at the Mario RPGs, they can be fucking nightmarish at points. Jeez.

Also, you guys forgot about the Mother series, shame on you.

And not all Mario stories have been lighthearted and childish. I mean, look at the Mario RPGs, they can be fucking nightmarish at points. Jeez.

To this day Dimentio and Grodus are among the best Mario villains of the series and certainly far crueler than any Sonic villain we've gotten from Sonic Team. Well from what I've played at least, and I've only played the Paper ones.

And let's not forget this memorable boss:

It seems when Miyamoto isn't the one handling certain things, Nintendo can be very good at making deep and nightmarish plots if they wanted to.

Edited by ChaosSupremeSonic
  • Thumbs Up 1

WOAH WOAH WHAT IS WITH THE WII U HATE IN HERE GUYS I MEAN THE CONTROLLER HAS A FUCKING TOUCHSCREEN IN IT

NEW GAMEPLAY OPPORITUNITYIES MARIO AND SONIC

U ARE THE CONTROLLER HA HA AM I RIGHT

Ok, seriously, Nintendo owning Sega would probably be the greatest thing since sliced bread, although it'd be pretty annoying to not have the games on PC and Mobile, since Sega seems to be turning their attention on the mobile market these days.

• Thumbs Up 5