Awoo.

Artwork: Speedy's Paintings

Speedy

Again, sorry for the overly late reply... I haven't been around in a while, hope to change that again now.

As for the Chaos Emeralds, I interprete them as being energy in crystallized form (and at least partly fifth-dimensional objects, but this is really not the topic for that), so maybe they could be melted if you do it right. After all, they can be broken into pieces. However, crystals are pretty hard and much more likely to break apart from the heat and stress than melt. Scientifically a melting emerald is not really likely, so the world should be safe. biggrin.png

In all honesty though it was just an artist's idea and not even a concept I really spent thought on. wink.png

Glad you enjoy my art, and thank you for commenting, even though it took me almost 3 months to reply... huh.png

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

I drew a Knuckles. Again. And more chao. Also again. Nothing new then? Well, the pool. That's new, and sparkly. happy.png

chao_chao_chao__by_speedy1236-d6kkjes.pn

• Thumbs Up 4

• 1 month later...

Huh. This isn't a painting, but I made it, it's artwork stuff, and I think I'm just gonna post it here.

emerald_light_chain_by_speedy1236-d6t590

This is my new Chaos Emerald light chain. I made it last weekend, after my best friend and me came up with the idea to make lanterns. He made a TARDIS, I made a Master Emerald. And because one Emerald really isn't enough, I made seven little Chaos Emeralds to add to it. happy.png

The Master Emerald is made of cardboard and transparent paper, the Chaos Emeralds are just transparent paper with a pattern printed on. Other than that, the mainly used material for this was super glue. wink.png Apparently my fingers stick to  paper better than paper to paper. dry.png

Now they're fitted to a light chain with ten lamps, one for each Chaos Emearld, two in the Master Emerald and one is left shining freely just because.

• 3 months later...

speedy_s_new_doorsign_by_speedy1236-d72f

Drew this to print out and stick to the door of my room. smile.png Had lots of fun with it. I love drawing skies, especially with sunset lighting, and at some point I sat back, looked at what I had painted so far, and said "Wow, the freaking sky is ablaze."

Other than that, I tried a couple of new things with this picture. Don't know if it shows. For example, I used a lot more different colors for highlighting, like purple hues on Sonic's blue fur and quills, or about six different shades of orange and yellow up to white on the letters. Before, I usually stuck with one main highlighting color plus white (and black for shadows).

Do the letters look like bubbles? 'Cause they're supposed to. But after you spend weeks (with lots of pauses, of course) on a picture, you aren't always so sure anymore.
huh.png

• Thumbs Up 1

• 3 months later...

It's been quite a while since I posted anything at all here at SSMB. Does anybody look at this topic expecting me to post stuff? If so, sorry about the inactivity.

But hey, I was somewhat active elsewhere.

tornado_boost_by_speedy1236-d7bunum.png

Speedpaint of Tails and his trusty biplane. Tried going for something quick and dynamic with this image.

at_the_edge_of_space_by_speedy1236-d7gu2

And the latest full picture. Obviously, that's Super Sonic in space. 'Cuz space is awesome. Tried out some new methods with this pic. Right now I'm quite satisfied with it, too. What do you think? :-)

• Thumbs Up 1

You have a bunch of really neat paintings, I'd personally say your coloring is sublime and you have a great eye for how you design the settings in your artwork.

• 1 year later...

Been forever since I posted anything here... In the unlikely case anyone was looking at this for updates, I am sorry. Also, hi, I'm not dead.

While I shamefully neglected this topic (and forum), I didn't stop drawing, and I think it's time this topic was up-to-date again (so I can disappear for another year?).:blush:

the_shard_by_the_reef_by_speedy1236-d84s

Knuckles diving for an Emerald shard. From... 2014? Damn. :-/

guardian_s_glare_by_speedy1236-d8ae3ey.p

Experiment with different approaches to shading, and an attempt at drawing a fierce guardian.

ancient_oak_by_speedy1236-d8qfr03.png

A tree. From 2015, too!

emerald_cave_by_speedy1236-d8uof4z.pngemerald_cave_2_by_speedy1236-d90ln6e.pngsky_deck_by_speedy1236-d9grw20.png

Stage background artwork for a fangame project.

secret_santa_by_speedy1236-d9j968k.png

Christmas gift, drawn for an art gift exchange last Christmas.

snow_day_by_speedy1236-d9pzug2.png

Team Sonic having a fun day in the snow. Also, art from 2016. I have that, too.

the_find_by_speedy1236-d9q5n3i.png

Another Knuckles with Emerald shard picture. I didn't notice those were starting to become a theme...

• Thumbs Up 1