Awoo.

Sonic Unleashed - What is it now after four years?

Dr. Homem

I don't understand Sonic's friends. Amy is willing to travel to Prison Island just to find Sonic, and the whole cast will willingly go to Soleanna for no reason whatsoever other than some small-time festival, but when the planet is destroyed, Tails, Knuckles, Amy, Shadow, Rouge and Team Chaotix decide to just take a back seat when they're needed most and leave Sonic to handle everything by himself... how helpful.

Edited by Jolly Joker Frost
  • Thumbs Up 5

I don't mind Sonic having more than one friend.

I mind him shoving his best friend aside for an annoying flying rat with the appetite of a saiyan though.

• Thumbs Up 5

I don't understand Sonic's friends. Amy is willing to travel to Prison Island just to find Sonic, and the whole cast will willingly go to Soleanna for no reason whatsoever other than some small-time festival, but when the planet is destroyed, Tails, Knuckles, Amy, Shadow, Rouge and Team Chaotix decide to just take a back seat when they're needed most and leave Sonic to handle everything by himself. GEE TALK ABOUT SOME GREAT FRIENDS...

Clearly you don't understand THE REAL SUPERPOWER OF TEAMWORK.

• Thumbs Up 3

I don't mind Sonic having more than one friend.

I mind him shoving his best friend aside for an annoying flying rat with the appetite of a saiyan though.

"I fell on this guy which gave him amnesia, and I have expressed some guilt over this revelation and have determined that I will help him find out his memories...

"But if I focus on helping him, I'll ignore my best friend of years for a few days, and clearly he's a much bigger priority."

This is pathetic.

• Thumbs Up 6

I don't understand Sonic's friends. Amy is willing to travel to Prison Island just to find Sonic, and the whole cast will willingly go to Soleanna for no reason whatsoever other than some small-time festival, but when the planet is destroyed, Tails, Knuckles, Amy, Shadow, Rouge and Team Chaotix decide to just take a back seat when they're needed most and leave Sonic to handle everything by himself... how helpful.

But they ALL show up in time for the goddamn  birthday party that has free food though.

Can't Tails and Amy just like, go with them on their massive worldwide quest and get to know Chip and stuff rather than just be their chauffeur and... cheerleader, I guess? Could've made for some nice interaction between the characters. They really kinda missed out on this opportunity...

• Thumbs Up 2

I agree! He clearly shouldn't have existed in the first place!

You got the most amazing bromance the series has ever seen between Sonic and Tails the very next game. You've been vindicated twice over already. Sega apologizes for making Sonic help someone in need.

Tails fans gnashing at Chip is pretty much on par with SonAmy and SonAlly fans going at it in terms of illogical fanaticism.

• Thumbs Up 1

Can't Tails and Amy just like, go with them on their massive worldwide quest and get to know Chip and stuff rather than just be their chauffeur and whatever the hell role Amy was supposed to serve in Unleashed? Could've made for some nice interaction between the characters...

Chip would have made a nice food snack for a two tailed fox.

You got the most amazing bromance the series has ever seen between Sonic and Tails the very next game. You've been vindicated twice over already. Sega apologizes for making Sonic help someone in need.

Tails fans gnashing at Chip is pretty much on par with SonAmy and SonAlly fans going at it in terms of illogical fanaticism.

I'm not saying Chip shouldn't have been there.

But he shouldn't have taken everybody else's role. 

Also it's funny that you say Chip saved Sonic from a deadly fall.

Sonic Adventure and Sonic and the Black Knight clearly don't exist. Nope, Sonic has NEVER fallen from impossible heights before!

Chip would have made a nice food snack for a two tailed fox.

Not to mention Chip tries to poison the bastard dead when he first meets him!

Chocolate is

toxic to Foxes, don't you know...

• Thumbs Up 4

Sonic Adventure and Sonic and the Black Knight clearly don't exist. Nope, Sonic has NEVER fallen from impossible heights before!

Newsflash.

In SA and SatBK, Sonic was falling from within the planet's atmosphere.

The Werehog was falling from OUTER SPACE. AND HE WAS SEMI-CONSCIOUS!

Edited by Malpercio
  • Thumbs Up 2

Yes, because both Tails and Amy are both magical Earth guardians with the power to revive temples whom have amnesia which Sonic mistakenly believes is his fault which in turn prompts excessive time spent with them throughout a single game.

In other words, it's the "Sonic can't have more than one friend" excuse.

I like how you're both ignoring story context and height differences, but I'll play along and concede that for now. Explain away the other points I've made.

Newsflash.

They were falling from within the planet's atmosphere.

The Werehog was falling from OUTER SPACE.

Nope. Space is the exact same height as the sky.

Edited by North Pole Nepenthe

Well.... sometimes Sonic can breathe in space. Sometimes the moon is still blown up. Who knows what superpower Sonic will forget he has in any one game.

• Thumbs Up 1

Yes, because both Tails and Amy are both magical Earth guardians with the power to revive temples whom have amnesia which Sonic mistakenly believes is his fault which in turn prompts excessive time spent with them throughout a single game.

My point is, Chip could have still done his thing without Tails and Amy being downgraded to fucking cheerleaders.

Make them a team.  Sonic, Tails, Amy, and Chip could have worked together without anyone  loosing any plot relevance.

• Thumbs Up 2

My point is, Chip could have still done his thing without Tails and Amy being downgraded to fucking cheerleaders.

Make them a team.  Sonic, Tails, Amy, and Chip could have worked together without anyone  loosing any plot relevance.

I chalked it up to poor handling of characters more than anything.

There's a lot of (stupid) people out there who believe Sonic shouldn't have any friends for some reason (see: Silver the Hedgehog, Big the Cat), so I'm not surprised by this...

Tails is a co-deity with an eldritch abomination Heartless expy? Amy can use the Chaos Emeralds to form a giant stone Megazord?

• Thumbs Up 5

Sonic's only allowed to have one friend, because Tails is intensely jealous of Sonic spending time with anyone else.

...where do people come up with this shit?

In answer to your question, you come up with this shit, because I said neither of those things.

• Thumbs Up 1

And hey, none of that is Chip's fault, so blaming him for "stealing roles" that characters never actually had to begin with because the writers deemed that Tails and Amy were to be minor characters is, as I said before, on par with Sonamy and Sonally slap-fights.

Is this a problem with Chip in particular, or Sonic Team's approach with this game's narrative?

You know... thank heavens the series is a few years past that dark period of time where they might have actually done this.

Is it sad that I might like her more if she could do this.

I feel like if any character was pointless in Unleashed, it was Amy probably. I actually forgot she was in the game until we started talking about her

...I just find it so unrealistic that Tails and Amy would just sit by and let Sonic go on his most dangerous adventure yet alone. At least Tails deserves a lot more than relegation to pilot-duty in a game on this incredible scale...

• Thumbs Up 1