Awoo.

SEGA OF AMERICA Debuts Hot Wheels Promotion

Autosaver

No comments yet, but the SEGA Blogs are go! Get bitchin, folks!

The third comment makes me wish we had IQ tests instead of registration forms to get online.

It wouldn't bug me so much if they haddn't done this so close to when the game came out. But 25 days... thats just blatently trying to con you into re-buying the game again and no doubt we'll get the 'well buy it on another system' line.

The third comment makes me wish we had IQ tests instead of registration forms to get online.

It wouldn't bug me so much if they haddn't done this so close to when the game came out. But 25 days... thats just blatently trying to con you into re-buying the game again and no doubt we'll get the 'well buy it on another system' line.

I'm surprised some of the comments passed really, including yours. I decided to send one, just for giggles. It's something like "Nice way to kick your loyal fans in the nuts.". It'll not get passed moderation, but lol. It's just daft.

Edited by Blue Blood

Why the heck weren't they a pre-order bonus to begin with?

This has to be the most awkward timing game bonus ever.. I'm all for SEGA but .. unbelievable.

Oh well, getting the game a week early > Hot wheels toy

A couple of people pissed off in the Facebook post:

http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=10151268050442418&set=a.406270927417.185036.23050342417&type=1

I went there expecting lots of rage.

Calm on their Twitter post, too.

SEGA Blog: Get an Exclusive Hot Wheels “Danicar” at GameStop: Available exclusively at GameStop, fans who purc... http://t.co/xzBlmc2C

— SEGA (@SEGA)

December 10, 2012

One thing I'm confused about. Hasn't the Hot Wheels car been in production for a while now? It was posted in the "How was the promotion" thread a week ago, and I could have sworn I saw it quite a while before that. Why only announce it as a pack in now? There has to be some reason besides "because Sega".

I was thinking that too. I remember the game was originally going to come out on the 20th, but was pushed earlier to the 18th and with some retailers getting the game earlier. Or perhaps the same thing happened like when JSR and the hoodies they were given out got delayed because of the people that were making it.....or maybe GAMESTOP.

But this mystery will never get resolved because Sega =/

First announced on October 10th... which was my birthday as it happened... I feel more sad now... =(

Edit:

Call me crazy but... can you not do this.

Go to Gamestop.

Buy ASRT

Get free toy.

Walk out of the store.

Imediately go back in

Trade the game back for the full ammount you paid.

Keep toy car?

....that's what I did...and I even wrote on how to get a second car =/

This game is going to flop. Well, judging from the lack of news surrounding the sales I guess it probably already did.

Why did it flop? Just go read Hogfather's marketing thread.

I may be in the minority here, but, uh... Whether the promotional team is on the ball or not, I'm actually grateful I didn't get this with my game.

I may be in the minority here, but, uh... Whether the promotional team is on the ball or not, I'm actually grateful I didn't get this with my game.

even if you didn't like it, it'd still be a freebie which makes you feel like SEGA went the extra mile for the marketing, if they bothered to sort it in time for release rather than shy of a month later.

even if you didn't like it, it'd still be a freebie which makes you feel like SEGA went the extra mile for the marketing, if they bothered to sort it in time for release rather than shy of a month later.

Yep, I know. I'm just grateful that this time around it's something I wouldn't have wanted anyway.

I'm grateful I didn't get offered a optional extra that I could have declined or just sold on online.

No logic.

Edited by Blue Blood
  • Thumbs Up 1

I understand that it's an extra, but it's something I'd much rather not to get, extra or not. Instead of this, I think they had potential to give us something a little better.

Edited by MugiMikey

They could have given us a Sonic Hot Wheels car.

But SEGA and Good Marketing don't go in the same sentence.

• Thumbs Up 1

This game is going to flop. Well, judging from the lack of news surrounding the sales I guess it probably already did.

Why did it flop? Just go read Hogfather's marketing thread.

I understood and agree that SEGA's marketing isn't that great. But did the game actually flop? I'm kinda curious with how the game is doing and you seem to be pretty sure with your statement. Please enlighten me if possible Edited by Djawed

I got the car for pre-ordering my 3DS version....although I may not be a Danica fan, I love the car....I just wish they actually included it with the game when I first bought the 360 version...

I got the car for pre-ordering my 3DS version....although I may not be a Danica fan, I love the car....I just wish they actually included it with the game when I first bought the 360 version...

Woh, wait, you can get the car for pre-ordering the 3DS version??? How does Gamestop pre-order work? Do they take the whole $30 or is it a hold on your card or what? I will totally pre-order if it means getting the car.

So. . . they waited until most of the console fans had gotten their games to release it, at the same time as they don't have enough (most likely) to last until the 3DS version is released. Guess the Vita fans will be happy?

Not that I collect Hot Wheels, but it's small enough to go on my shelf with other promos, or I could have offered it to someone with more interest. (Now if it was a shirt like the Sonic Riders one I'd be disappointed; I love that shirt!)

If this is true I may just preorder the 3DS version. Can you confirm this?

If not, I may have to beg around..T-T

If this is true I may just preorder the 3DS version. Can you confirm this?

If not, I may have to beg around..T-T

Check out my revised news story for the details as well as photos: http://segabits.com/...wheels-danicar/

I visited a local Gamestop to learn more about the offer. Since I had my heart set on the 3DS version, I asked to pre-order the game. I was told the game was set for a February 12th, 2013 release date and that I could put down anywhere from $5 to the total cost of the game to pre-order. I put down $5 and then asked for the Danicar. The cashier was surprised I knew they existed, and asked the manager if I could have one. It was then that I learned stores were told that only those buying the game would get a car, but it wasn’t made clear if pre-ordering also meant the customer gets a car. Since, in the managers words “they had a lot” of the Danicar, I could have one. In short, buying the game now for the 360, PS3 or Wii U will get you a car (if they have them in stock). Pre-ordering for Vita may or may not get you the car, but given the game releases next week, you’ll just have to ask nicely and perhaps putting down the full amount for the pre-order will sweeten the deal. Same goes for the 3DS version.

zSHFk.jpg

Edited by Barry the Nomad

Check out my revised news story for the details as well as photos: http://segabits.com/...wheels-danicar/

zSHFk.jpg

I pre-ordered the 3DS version w/ only 5 dollars. I told them I already bought the 360 version and they gave me the Danicar. This is my favorite Gamestop that I go to for all of my purchases, and there is a good reason why

• Thumbs Up 1

Yeah, I'm also hearing if you already bought the game at Gamestop, if you bring the game/receipt you got from them, they'll give you the Hot Wheel too for the early birds.

• Thumbs Up 1

• 2 weeks later...

Went to gamestop earlier today to see if I could score more danicars but found they aren't giving them out no more. Apparently it was a just one week deal.

I understood and agree that SEGA's marketing isn't that great. But did the game actually flop? I'm kinda curious with how the game is doing and you seem to be pretty sure with your statement. Please enlighten me if possible

Well judging from the lack of advertisement and the fact that there are still plenty of bonus editions left even after the whole month, coupled with the fact that people are selling this game back because of difficulty alone, this game I can see  not getting the attention it deserves because of sega's cruddy marketing.