Awoo.

Gun Crime in the USA ~ Shootings and Killings

Patticus

You also look at the fact it was a Shotgun and if it was similar to the assault rifles, we might have saw some accidental deaths from him trying to shoot at the one kid.

We had threats at my school a while back. I didn't really care, but they really did check our bags and pockets just in case.

OH NOEZ THE GOV'T IZ GONNA TAKE OUR GUNZ EVEN THO THERE WAS A SIMILAR BAN IN 1994 THAT NO ONE COMPLAINED ABOUT AS MUCH! OH THE HORROR!

-The Gun Control Bill in a nutshell

You had to have seen at least one of the posts explaining why the 1994 ban was a joke.

Edited by Tornado

You mean how it didn't really help all that much? I know we're not going to get out of this gun-loving society we've created but now there's also a ban on high capacity magazines and we have a much more stricter background check. 

Obama mention Video Games. Seriously? I agree with him on Mental Health and proposal on Gun Control but why Games? I wouldn't consider them an issue they its easy to blame entertainment but the main issues here are Mental Health and the accessibility of Automatic Weapons.

I also think educating people about Firearms is important.

I am okay with keeping 18 rated Games and Films away from minors but at the end of the day it is the parents responsibly. Entertainment shouldn't be watered down because of their idleness.sleep.png 

Just imagine this but in Video Game form:

• Thumbs Up 2

He actually mentioned games? That's strange. Biden never told him anything about games so that was far from his mind.

Unless you personally know the Attorney General of the United States or were alive before 1934, there is no such thing as "accessibility to automatic weapons."

Edited by Tornado

Unless you personally know the Attorney General of the United States or were alive before 1934, there is no such thing as "accessibility to automatic weapons."

Thanks for correcting me but how the hell would I of known that?huh.png

Civilian Semi-Automatic Rifles with High Capacity ammo then. 

I am sure its easier to be obtain Automatic weapons in America than it is in Europe through various channels! wink.png

Thanks for correcting me but how the hell would I of known that?huh.png

I have said it before in this thread...

Unless you acquired the gun before 1934, it is illegal to posess a fully automatic weapon without consent of the AG of the US or the ATF. And unless the gun was manufactured before 1986, for the purposes of this discussion it is illegal period.

I am sure its easier to be obtain Automatic weapons in America than it is in Europe through various channels! wink.png

If you're talking about illegal acquiring of them, considering the main creating nation of cheap automatic weapons is in Europe, I doubt that. It probably does vary from country to country in regards to access, but it still wasn't any country in North America that flooded the world with AK derivatives for 40 years; and the technical skill required to change an AR15 rifle (which is the only equivalent gun produced in similar numbers) into an automatic is far beyond the grasp of the typical person performing street level crimes.

I will admit that most of the gang-related incidents and various street violence (drivebys and so on) take place with pistols that are heavily modified to be fully automatic, but by that point there isn't that much that can be done by the government other than destroying them when whoever committed a crime with them is arrested and making the punishments for doing it harsher.

Edited by Tornado

I have said it before in this thread...

Unless you acquired the gun before 1934, it is illegal to posess a fully automatic weapon without consent of the AG of the US or the ATF. And unless the gun was manufactured before 1986, for the purposes of this discussion it is illegal period.

If you're talking about illegal acquiring of them, considering the main creating nation of cheap automatic weapons is in Europe, I doubt that. It probably does vary from country to country in regards to access, but it still wasn't any country in North America that flooded the world with AK derivatives for 40 years; and the technical skill required to change an AR15 rifle (which is the only equivalent gun produced in similar numbers) into an automatic is far beyond the grasp of the typical person performing street level crimes.

I will admit that most of the gang-related incidents and various street violence (drivebys and so on) take place with pistols that are heavily modified to be fully automatic, but by that point there isn't that much that can be done by the government other than destroying them when whoever committed a crime with them is arrested and making the punishments for doing it harsher.

Most of those Eastern Bloc AK's were probably sold to foreign countries beyond Europe. Say your right and we have easier access to Automatic Weapons so why is it these types of massacres don't occur more often or in countries like Russia.

Maybe its because we don't sell them next to the sports section in our supermarkets.dry.png

I still think the Bushmaster AR-15 Rifle shouldn't be sold to ordinary people its just not necessary. 

Anybody seen the NRA's latest AD what a load of bullshit.

Edited by BW199148

http://www.policymic.com/articles/23436/tax-violent-video-games-says-gop-congresswoman

GOP Rep. Diane Franklin of rural Camdenton, Missouri has an idea for reducing gun violence: a 1% sales tax on violent video games in response to the deadly Sandy Hook shootings, which could go to fund mental health programs and law enforcement protections against mass shooters.

The tax would be levied on games rated "Teen," "Mature," and "Adult-Only," by the Entertainment Software Review Board, a self-regulatory industry organization.

I'VE LOST FAITH IN HUMANITY

I'm expecting it to be shot down so I'm not worried.

California tried something like this and the Supreme Court already said no, so I doubt this is actually going to work.

Honestly, I think you're being a bit too reactionary against the thought somewhat. I actually think it's one of the GOP's better ideas since they're proposing to use the tax for mental health programs to help alleviate this. Although the only problem is that they're once again singling out video games instead of broadening it to other media like movies and books which can have the same content.

Edited by ChaosSupremeSonic

I always thought the government put extra taxes on products because they were deemed harmful to society. Putting a tax on video games seems like they're blaming.. video games.

Anyways, a lot of the stuff Obama wants/signed sounds like it should have been in place years.

..No guaranteed background checks? lol.

Violence in video games is the entire reason the ESRB was made in the first place. A 1% tax won't do a damn thing about shit parenting.

I agree the tax itself isn't a big deal though.

could no one seriously tell I was being facetious?...

Edited by Underaged Hot Anime Girl
  • Thumbs Up 3

I'm expecting it to be shot down so I'm not worried.

California tried something like this and the Supreme Court already said no, so I doubt this is actually going to work.

Honestly, I think you're being a bit too reactionary against the thought somewhat. I actually think it's one of the GOP's better ideas since they're proposing to use the tax for mental health programs to help alleviate this. Although the only problem is that they're once again singling out video games instead of broadening it to other media like movies and books which can have the same content.

How about they tax guns 1% instead?dry.png

Uh, what for? 

For being arseholes suggesting they should tax Video Games instead.sleep.png

Edited by BW199148

I wonder if anyone from the government ever considers that maybe the parents are somewhat to blame for with the way they raised thier kids. =|

• Thumbs Up 2

Obama mentions videogames

To be honest I'm kinda glad he did.

For years videogames have been the scapegoat for almost everything bad that happens these days. Whilst there have been some studies into if they cause violence. The more documentation you have to say it doesn't happen, the better.

Let them have their study because I sincerly doubt they will find a connection to it.

• Thumbs Up 3

Hot on the heels of Obama's inauguration and the Biden task force's recommendations on how to combat gun crime, another shooting has offed almost a half dozen more people:

A 15-year-old has been arrested and charged with the murders of two adults - including a chaplain - and three children at a New Mexico home.

Police said in a statement they had found the bodies of an adult male, an adult female, two girls and a boy - all dead from multiple gunshot wounds - when they arrived at an Albuquerque home late on Saturday.

http://news.sky.com/story/1040544/teenage-gunman-shoots-five-people-dead-in-us

How did this kid get hold of a firearm?

Hot on the heels of Obama's inauguration and the Biden task force's recommendations on how to combat gun crime, another shooting has offed almost a half dozen more people:

http://news.sky.com/story/1040544/teenage-gunman-shoots-five-people-dead-in-us

How did this kid get hold of a firearm?

What the fuck is going on in that country? Has there been a recent influx of child-murdering nutjobs or something? Seriously, this is getting weird. What's with all the random acts of violence in the US?

EDIT: Maybe it's just me and this has always been happening, but it really does seem like there's been a sudden increase in gun violence,

Edited by Frogging101
  • Thumbs Up 2

Seriously, ever since the school shooting tragedy, there's been a number of shootings in the US

Seriously, I really do think the media is unintentionally encouraging these shootings through the way they report them. They end up making the shooters themselves out to be "anti-heroes" that other insane nutjobs end up trying to imitate and compare score with. It's nuts.