Awoo.

Gun Crime in the USA ~ Shootings and Killings

Patticus

Something just pooped up on the news about the gunman being dead. Ugh, normally I'm happy whenever a criminal gets killed but I hate it when they take the cowardly way out and commit suicide to escape justice! If the shooter is truly dead may his soul rot in hell for the rest of eternity.

• Thumbs Up 3

Absolutly devastating news. As a teacher myself you never want any children to go through that horror and thinking about how young some of them must have been is just dreadful. The laws in the US need to change to stop things like this happening. What I really hate is that the shooter obviously had problems and rather than do this horrible crime at home (which would have been really awful still but it would have meant 20 children saved) he went to a elementary school and just shot innocent children for no reason.

Fox News has moved on from blame videogames, to reporting that this is the result of removing religious teaching from schools.

Seriously though, they're like a parody of themselves now.

Fox News has moved on from blame videogames, to reporting that this is the result of removing religious teaching from schools.

Because obviously countries that don't have religious teachings in schools are more prone to horrific acts of violence such as this.

Like the UK...Wait no...or, uh, Japan!...No, not that one either.

Well, just because something Fox News says doesn't have any kind of basis in reality doesn't mean they can't politicize a tragedy to push their stupid agendas.

Edited by Solly

Like the UK...Wait no...or, uh, Japan!...No, not that one either.

China?

I know. That's why I mentioned it:

A country that has no official religion to speak of, or at the very least doesn't put it in their schools like the UK and Japan, with 5 times the population of the US yet 1/10 the crime...

Can't wait for the day this nation grows away from whatever BS Faux News makes, but that's a longshot off.

Nothing ever changes. People shake their heads and mourn for a while, but they move on in a few weeks, with nothing having been done to help alleviate the situation. Gun control is such a touchy topic here that everybody's too afraid to bring it up, especially politicians who don't want to lose poll numbers for the next election. I wonder how many more children will have to die before we finally put our foot down, say enough is enough, and refuse to allow these things to happen on a regular basis.

• Thumbs Up 3

It's not necessarily that people are afraid to bring up gun control so much as gun control has been off the table as a solution because of how entrenched the NRA is in Congress and because people poison the well by suggesting that gun control is tantamount to "takin' dere gunz." There are plenty of people in America sick of this shit. I'm sick of this shit. But you simply cannot get the conversation going on gun control because the opposition doesn't even want to hear it.

• Thumbs Up 4

A letter written by one of the kids in the shooting. I have no idea if he was killed or not.

tumblr_mf1fkbzQB81rwjwtoo1_500.jpg

This breaks my heart.

Is this actually real? Because I've seen it go around facebook and twitter but haven't found any official source linking back to it.

I don't know - but someone would have to be pretty sick to forge an innocent letter like that.

It's horrifying and heart-rending to think about. "Sorry for not being a good son and not being happy." 

I mean... wow. If he was indeed killed, that is what his parents have to go with.

"Love you in heaven."

It had better not be fake because it's really getting to me.

I don't know - but someone would have to be pretty sick to forge an innocent letter like that.

You'd be surprised how there's a lot of sick people out there that do stuff for likes and attention.

Wow... this is horrible. Shootings have happened throughout my lifetime, but this one has stirred more emotions in me than any other. The fact that this obviously insane man was able to take loaded firearms into a fucking elementary school and do this to young, defenseless young children is just unreal. This is truly evil, there is no other way to describe it.

Gun control laws do indeed need to be re-examined. The sad truth is that in America, it is far too easy for someone to get their hands on a firearm. Doesn't matter if they're the calm, cool, and collect Average Joe or some sick fuck who wants to kill children. The laws need to be reassessed on a federal level to make it a requirement to take multiple psychological evaluations, and to outright ban the online sale of any type of gun, simply because too much information can be forged online.

Myself, I'm an advocate of the second amendment. I think taking guns away from the general populous is a mistake, because in the right hands, they can truly be used to save lives when those who would want to infringe upon your life and liberties rear their ugly heads. It's a simple fact that no matter what we do, the sad truth is that evil people will always try to find a way to hurt the innocent, regardless of what laws are passed, and people need means of defending themselves.

But still, even as a 2nd amendment supporter, I most certainly support the measures i just mentioned. As bleak as my last comment ways, I still think that we should try to keep as many firearms as possible out of the wrong hands and keep them in the right ones. I do think that now is the perfect time to debate about this, because if this is going to be continually swept under the rug, then how can we expect any meaningful change to come from it? The best way we can honor and mourn for the victims is by passing measures to prevent tragedies like this from happening ever again.

Edited by EXshad

Repealing the 2nd amendment would not prohibit anyone from owning a gun. Plenty of other countries do not have any equivalent language in their founding documents about guns being a "right" yet gun ownership is still legal around the world. And I mean, think: do you know how many things you actually own that are not specifically constitutionally guaranteed to you as being a "right" to own?

A letter written by one of the kids in the shooting. I have no idea if he was killed or not.

tumblr_mf1fkbzQB81rwjwtoo1_500.jpg

This breaks my heart.

Why did this have to happen man this letter makes me feel depressed now I can imagine the horror's those kids faced before dying and I wish I could just go back in time and keep this from ever happening.