Awoo.

Playstation Plus Update Thread "So many games on this Little Big Planet"

Badnik Mechanic

So, I thought I'd download LittleBigPlanet2 - its pretty much half the size of Vanquish, so I decided to give it priority.

Now I realise all the patches mean I'm pretty much downloading the difference anyway.

Remember when you first got a new game and you could play the game straight away? I miss those days.

LBP2 has had a lot of content added later via DLC.

By making you download it the game ensures that you can be matched to play with people that purchased and use said content.

Also, completed Limbo yesterday, amazing stuff. That's been worth the subscription on its own.

I found it to be a good game with some clever puzzles, but it drags out in the end and the payoff was a total 'meh' IMO. Maybe I'm spoiled by the likes of Journey.

Still, better than Braid. Now that one was shallow and pedantic.

Just updated the US list.

Retro City Rampage is free, both the Vita and PS3 version. Should be on the store at some point today (December 24th). Not sure what (if anything) will be removed to make room for it.

Is this one of those games that still hasn't been released on the EU store?

Not sure if this was the topic for it, but I just got my 30 day free trial code. When I tried it out it asked for credit card info, and I don't have a EU Cradit card, so here's the code if anyone wants it:

7GLB-56NC-J44L

Not sure if this was the topic for it, but I just got my 30 day free trial code. When I tried it out it asked for credit card info, and I don't have a EU Cradit card, so here's the code if anyone wants it:

7GLB-56NC-J44L

I'll try and use it.

Edit - Oh, didn't notice that you specified EU. Can't use it, myself.

Edited by Discoid

Updated the US list.

Added to PSN+ this week is NBA Jam On Fire Edition and Chronovolt. Chronovolt is a Vita only game, if you've got a Vita it's quite a short game but strangely addictive.

Source

Just a heads up.

The PS3 EU content is now live on the store. We get Bioshock 2, Guardians of middle earth and Mortal Kombat 9. For people living in territories that can't get MK9, your substitute is Gotham City Impostors.

Todays update is for the US.

8347312358_760b461114_z.jpg

Megaman 9 & 10 are this weeks free games. Also on the list of free stuff is free DLC, NCAA Football 13: Recent Winners Pack.

Also included is Beta access to the God of War Ascension multiplayer.

• 3 weeks later...

EU Feb. Content:

(PS3)6th February: Sleeping Dogs
(PS3)6th February: Quantum Conundrum
(PS3)6th February: F1 Race Stars

(Vita) 13th February: WipEout 2048
(Vita) 20th February: Lumines Electronic Symphony

glorious yurop

CKux75n.jpg

Heard some real good stuff about Sleeping Dogs and free Lumines + Wipeout! goddam

We're getting Sleeping Dogs!? Hoooooly shit!

And I've wanted to play Lumines on the Vita so bad. Love the PSP games. Wow, another great month for EU users! 

• 4 weeks later...

Europes PSN+ Continues to be the most amazing thing ever.

Ok so the quest to attempt to beat my backlog is going to fail again, I own none of those games, really want to play ME 3 just to see what all the complaining was about.

emot-sbahj.gif

why can't I hold all of these backlogs

@Hog: Play the first two before. The complaining is all about the ending, rest of the game is a fantastic experience and you'll love it much more after developing the characters in 1/2.

• Thumbs Up 1

Calling all PS Plus members. Boy, have we got a little treat to share with you today! To celebrate the launch of God of War: Ascension next month, we have managed to secure God of War 1 HD for our PlayStation Plus members to download and keep for as long as you are a member, at no extra cost!

There is a little catch though – it’s only available for two weeks from today, Wednesday 27th February, so make sure you grab it while you can as once it’s gone, it’s gone.

Emot-psyduck.gif even more games Emot-psyduck.gif

Yeah I think they will have to delay the PS4 EU launch so people can start catching up on their PS+ library.

Oh thank goodness it's GOW 1! I already own that! Mind you, I wish it was one of the PSP HD versions... don't own those =p

lol I'm starting to see a downside to PSN+ I just don't have the time or the HD space to download and play them all!

OMG! You guys in the US are getting one hell of a free game this month.

8520088188_4d33ba6457_o.jpg

Spec ops is amazing! If you've got PSN+ you need to download that one, I got it for christmas and loved it. Heck just get PSN+ for that game alone!

Well Spec Ops wasn't something I would have spent money on, but on the other hand that's exactly what I wanted from PS+, games I wouldn't have actually bought on my own. So good PS+ game. And Disgaea 3 will be good should I ever get a PS Vita, though I would've bought that with my own money, probably will anyway to save space on those damn expensive memory cards.

Spec-Ops, Disgaea 3 AND free portable Tekken game?

Good-bye hard drive/memory card space...

• 2 weeks later...

That link's been marked as spam now Hoggy.

I went into GAME earlier, and the annual membership was £29.99. However, they were also offering free 30-day trials if you spent £10 or more on any PS3/Vita games/accessories. With that in mind, I bought L.A. Noire, which I've been meaning to get for a while, and Guitar Hero: Warriors of Rock, just because they were both 2 for £10 preowned.

Not bad for £10, really.

Yeah I went into my local game too.

They have reduced the price to £30 and advertise that if you redeeme before a certain date you get an extra 3 months. But didn't have the £20 in store... grr....

• 2 weeks later...

Citizens of the United States of America and Canada....

Todays free PSN+ game is...

Full April update is as follows.

• Demon’s Souls (PS3)
  • Malicious (PS3)
  • Labyrinth Legends (PS3)
  • SOULCALIBUR: Broken Destiny (PSP, Supported on PS Vita)
  • Zombie Tycoon 2 (PS3 and PS Vita – Cross-Buy and Cross-Play) – Coming April 30th

Also, theres a new movie service coming to the NA side of the PSN called EPIX, PSN+ users get 1 free movie each week.

• 2 weeks later...

Todays EU blog entry has let slipped the main game for May's PSN+ Update.

EU users will be getting Hitman Absolution for free.

Thinking about this, we're getting tons of games for free barely 3 or 4 months after their released... so we should expect Bioshock Infinite pretty soon?

They just announced the full EU PSN+ listings for may... and it's another fucking awesome month!

As we already know, we're getting Hitman Absolution... but we're also getting... CATHERINE!

Entering PS Plus in May:
1st May: Hitman Absolution
1st May: Catherine
1st May: Malicious
8th May: Sine Mora (Vita)
15th May: Velocity Ultra HD

Oh my god! That is incredible! Catherine is such a good game, in fact it might have been my game of the year last year. But the one I'm looking forward to the most is Velocity Ultra, that was considered one of the best games on the PSP and the HD remake looks outstanding.

http://blog.eu.playstation.com/2013/04/17/playstation-plus-your-may-update/#more-123449

• Thumbs Up 1

All of those I don't have but wanted to play. Catherine has been on my wishlist for quite some time.

The yearly subscription was the best 50€ spent in a long time. AAA+++++ service would resub again thx

Just for fun, here's all the shit I'll have gotten up to May:

Batman: Arkham City
Big Sky Infinity
Bioshock 2
Borderlands
Bulletstorm
Catherine
Chronovolt
Crysis 2
Cubixx HD
Darksiders
Dead or Alive 5
Dead Space 2
Deus Ex: Human Revolution
Double Dragon
F1 Race Stars
God of War 1 HD
Gravity Rush
Guardians of Middle Earth
HELL YEAH! Wrath of the Dead Rabbit
Hitman Absolution
Infamous 2
Jet Set Radio
Joe Danger 2
Just Cause 2
Knytt Underground
Lara Croft and the Guardian of Light
Limbo
Little Big Planet 2
Lord of the Rings: War in the North
Lumines Electronic Symphony
Machinarium
Malicious
Mass Effect 3
Metal Gear Solid HD Collection
Mortal Kombat
Motorstorm Apocalypse
Oddworld: Strangers Wrath HD
Okami HD
Outland
Pinball Arcade
Puddle
Quantum Conundrum
Ratchet & Clank: All 4 One
Red Dead Redemption
Renegade Ops
Resident Evil 5: Gold Edition
Retro/Grade!
Rock of Ages
Saints Row 2
Scott Pilgrim vs The World The Game
Sine Mora
Sleeping Dogs
Starhawk Campaign Mode
Super Stardust Portable
Tales From Space: Mutant Blobs Attack
The Cave
Thomas Was Alone
Uncharted: Golden Abyss
Vanquish
Velocity Ultra HD
WipEout 2048
Zero Escape: Virtue's Last Reward

dat backlog

• 3 weeks later...

EU june content has been teased. We're getting...

Demons Souls

Shadow of the Colossus HD

ICO HD

I already own all those games =(

On the otherhand, great month or people who don't have those titles, also I guess this helps me clear my backlog