Awoo.

Playstation Plus Update Thread "So many games on this Little Big Planet"

Badnik Mechanic

ICO and SotC during E3 month.

HMMMM

.... .... That can't be a coincidence... can it?

• 4 weeks later...

June Content for America has just been posted.

Deus Ex: Human Revolution (PS3)
Machinarium (PS3)
Saints Row: The Third (PS3)
Orc Attack (PS Vita)
Zero Escape: Virtue’s Last Reward (PS Vita)

Leaving PS Plus In June
June 4th – Sleeping Dogs
June 11th – Closure
June 11th – Ratchet & Clank All 4 One
June 11th – inFAMOUS 2
June 11th – LittleBigPlanet 2
June 18th – SOULCALIBUR: Broken Destiny
June 25th – BlazBlue: Continuum Shift EXTEND

http://blog.us.playstation.com/2013/06/03/playstation-plus-deus-ex-human-revolution-free-for-members/

Thats a pretty epic month. Deus Ex, Saints Row and Zero Escape are pretty good.

Sony have just announced that Playstation Plus will be getting more content than normal in June.

The following titles are being added to both the US and EU side of the store.

Uncharted 3 (Single player + Multiplayer bundle)

Little Big Planet Karting.

X-Com Enemy Unknown.

Thats... pretty damn awesome! For me though, I already have Xcom and Uncharted, but always wanted to try out LBK.

Wait. Free Uncharted 3? No bullshit, free Uncharted 3?

FREEEEEEEEEE!!!!

It might look odd when you go to download it, since Uncharted is split into single player and multiplayer. But according to the PS blog, you get both the multiplayer and single player for free.

"Uncharted Free!"

Heres the US advert

8975999184_8566aca932_z.jpg

FREEEEEEEEEE!!!!

It might look odd when you go to download it, since Uncharted is split into single player and multiplayer. But according to the PS blog, you get both the multiplayer and single player for free.

"Uncharted Free!"

Heres the US advert

8975999184_8566aca932_z.jpg

DEEP BREATH...

I KNEW THERE WAS A REASON I BOUGHT PS PLUS A WEEK AGO! :D ;A;

I bet X-Com runs better on my PS3 than on my PC. Stupid UE3 stutters made the game unplayable for me.

Wait. Free Uncharted 3? No bullshit, free Uncharted 3?

EU blog specifies single player. Multi is separate and free until you hit a certain level as a demo run of sorts. But Uncharted games are all about the sweet campaign so yeah. Free Uncharted 3.

The fine print? You're gonna need 80GBs of disk space to install it lol.

Just make sure you download everything thats on there (at least download then cancel it) so it registeres as a purchase, that way you won't lose the games which are being removed this month.

As awesome as it to get Uncharted 3 free, between the game itself and its numerous DLC, the game clocks in at 43 GBs. I'm sure the game by itself is smaller but that's a large amount of hard drive space to use up. And remember you need double that in free space in order to download and install it. Yeah, I'm sure most people that have been PS+ members for awhile have 80 gigs of free space on their hard drive.

I am looking forward to XCOM though. I was thinking of buying it and it's like Sony read my mind.

This months Plus games are awesome, but anyone know how big Uncharted is?  I only have about 40-50 GB of free space on my PS3.

This months Plus games are awesome, but anyone know how big Uncharted is?  I only have about 40-50 GB of free space on my PS3.

As mentioned, you'll need 80-90 GB of free space. What, you thought I was kidding? lol

The game is ~40GB but it needs the additional space for the install process.

As mentioned, you'll need 80-90 GB of free space. What, you thought I was kidding? lol

Thanks for the info, man the game is big, at least I can play the other plus games first before I make room for Uncharted.

I really love how much a value Plus is, free games across all Sony platforms :)

Thanks for the info, man the game is big, at least I can play the other plus games first before I make room for Uncharted.

I really love how much a value Plus is, free games across all Sony platforms smile.png

Yes, "free" games, after you pay $18-$50.

Yes, "free" games, after you pay $18-$50.

You get 10-20 times that value back tho. Literally.

I'd say PS+ actually has its uses, unlike Live Gold. I paid for 1 year and I have tons of free games now, ones I would have bought for 20+ dollars each.

I really don't think it's any use arguing which service is better considering that each service offers different things. Gold offers a much better online system than PSN does and even offers deals every week as opposed to "free games" (they aren't really). Heck some of these deals are better than PS+'s discounts.

But they're essentially advertised as different things.

lol external hard-drive required. I'm glad I already have the game. No way I could clear up that kind space on my PS3.

Seriously I'm gonna echo what you guys are saying - PS+ is an absolute steal. I've picked up so many games for free already, and I'm always looking around the corner for whats next. I'm Surprised they didn't wait to announce this at E3 though. Stepping on stage and pitching PS+ with UC3 would have been pretty buzzy.

Seriously I'm gonna echo what you guys are saying - PS+ is an absolute steal. I've picked up so many games for free already, and I'm always looking around the corner for whats next. I'm Surprised they didn't wait to announce this at E3 though. Stepping on stage and pitching PS+ with UC3 would have been pretty buzzy.

It's very likely PS+ will get a few changes to accommodate PS4 premium features at E3 so they got the yearly rotation out of the way.

Gold offers a much better online system than PSN does and even offers deals every week as opposed to "free games" (they aren't really). Heck some of these deals are better than PS+'s discounts.

Does it?

The PSN typically has a weekly sale and usually it's themed on something. These sales are open to both PSN+ and non + users. However, in almost every sale there are additional Playstation Plus discounts applied to it as well, and these deals are usually extremely good and might even rival steam in some places.

Does it?

The PSN typically has a weekly sale and usually it's themed on something. These sales are open to both PSN+ and non + users. However, in almost every sale there are additional Playstation Plus discounts applied to it as well, and these deals are usually extremely good and might even rival steam in some places.

The discounts on Xbox Gold and PS+ weekly deals are roughly the same in my experience, so you can't really judge one being better than the other based on that. On the other hand, non-PS+ members get reduced discounts on sale items, while Xbox Silver members don't get access to the Gold weekly deals at all, but there are occasional sales that available to both Gold and Silver. So again it's roughly the same on both.

Edited by Yong

Does it?

In my experience, the actual sales on Gold seem to be better, in terms of the actual discount. As for the non-PS+ sale... well those are usually so minuscule compared to PS+ I'm surprised people take them.

I'm not trying to say one is better than the other, just that they both have their advantages.

• Thumbs Up 1

In my experience, the actual sales on Gold seem to be better, in terms of the actual discount. As for the non-PS+ sale... well those are usually so minuscule compared to PS+ I'm surprised people take them.

I'm not trying to say one is better than the other, just that they both have their advantages.

Advantages or not, at least PS3 owners don't have to pay for online :)

Does anyone thing Sony might add more vita games to Plus this month?  It would be awesome if LBP Vita and Rayman were free in NA.

So I'm on todays plus update.

Uncharted 3 = 12 GB. It is just the single player, however, the multiplayer mode is free, so I imagine if you download the single player, then the multiplayer, you can then get your platinum trophy if you care about that kind of stuff.

Edit: Right... this is a bit annoying for those looking to get platinum on this.

The single player gives you all single player trophies

The free to play multiplayer pack will give you the competitive multiplayer trophies.

The problem... is the co-op trophy.

The free multiplayer mode doesn't include co-op multiplayer, now the disk version of the game does include a local co-op multiplayer mode. But I can't find any information as to if the digital version of single player has that or not.

The co-op multiplayer unlock pack isan option but it's kinda pricy.

Leaving PS Plus in July:
-Kingdoms of Amalur – Reckoning
-Lord of the Rings War in the North
-The Cave
-Rayman Origins
-Coconut Dodge

Entering PS Plus in July:
-Battlefield 3
-Payday: The Heist
-Saints Row the Third
-Ninja Gaiden Sigma Plus
-Unit 13

jesus fucking damn

Seems like this image was right

a162f600-9314-4561-843f-71a7dbaa5cb7.jpg

+ Saints' Row 3 (to match NA offerings).

So... that August update is looking mighty fine too. Called that DMC would be offered back then, glad I didn't pay a single cent for it.