Awoo.

2012 Christmas Gift Thread

PSI Wind

Well guys, it's that time of year again! As always, I make this thread a day early due to timezones but the thread is still the same. Post about what you got from Christmas, from the little stuff in your Stockings to the biggest gift under the tree! Pictures are fine.

I'll probably be the last to post, we aren't doing presents till my mother is back home. But I'm probably getting Stcker Star and Guild Wars 2.

Edited by Underaged Hot Anime Girl

My family doesn't usually surprise me, and in fact I tend to pick out what I want. I'm getting a 3DS with SM3DL, and some money to cover my rent. That's about it, plus random little stocking things like razors and toothbrushes.

Edited by chilly cosmictruffle

I'm having a bit of an unusual Christmas this year, away from my family for the first time, in the US. Me and the super awesome wife wanted to have a private Christmas, but her parents want us there, so we're heading over there today and will be there tomorrow. So we took the liberty of doing Christmas stockings and some main gifts today. I got:

Shadow & Claw by Gene Wolfe (Book)
The Joker: 20 Years Inside The S.A.S. by Pete Scholey (Book)
Battlestar Galactica: Season 2 Soundtrack - Bear McCreary (CD)
Living Things - Linkin Park (CD)
To Scan A Forest (T-shirt)
Assassins Creed III (360)
Gears of War 3 (360)

Plus lots of lovely chocolate goodies from her and my mum, and there's more coming tomorrow. :D

I haven't got much this Christmas, but that's due to me getting the best present of all a month early:

A Wii U (Basic. I could've and should've waited.) along with a copy of New Super Mario Bros U. It's definitely an awesome present; I still use it regularly.

I got a $75 check from my Grandma, which I used for my dad's (amazing) present.

I also got a $50 gift card from my uncle. I ended up blowing it on:

-Sonic 4 Episode 1 (Android)

-Sonic 4 Episode 2 (Android)

-Where's My Water? (Android)

-GTA III (Android)

-Jet Set Radio (Android)

-Cut the Rope (Android)

-Minecraft: Pocket Edition (Android)

-Game Grumps Tenouttaten shirt

-Sim City 4

-Half-Life 2 (which I gifted to my friend)

-Metal Gear Solid (PSN)

-LPB2 Vita Cross-Controller pack

So it turned out pretty well. My mom also let me grab the first thing I feel in my stocking, and it was a CocaCola Polar Bear plush.

It's adorable.

Tonight I'm due to get some denomination of gift card from my other during the family Christmas party. And tomorrow, my brother's giving me 2 NES games (what are I don't????) and a mystery gift. If there's anything else, I don't know about it. Although, apparently, my brother informs me that my mom also got me a Wii U game...

Please be nintendoland

Edited by Comet

I have no damn clue what my plans will be for tomarrow, but.. I know I'm getting several games from mom:

-Sonic and the Secret Rings (Wii)

-Soul Calibur V (Xbox360)

-Kirby's Epic Yarn (Wii)

-Kirby Dream Collection (Wii)

-Sonic Colors (Wii)

-Kingdom Hearts Re:Coded (DS)

-Legend of Zelda Skywards Sword (Wii)

and apparently Santas' gonna get me a JW Modern Tails plush and the 3" Super Sonic Figure Pack

On the side of things I've already got, my friends from school gave me thier presents already:

-15$ Gift Card to Gamestop

-15$ Goft Card to Walmart (WITH KITTENS! :3)

-a cute Vera Bradly purse

-Lotion

-ASLKJLSDKJAFD JAPANESE CERRY BLOSSOM SPRAY AND LOTION *dies* Love that stuff <3

In return, those friends got Beanie Babies. x3 3 normal sized ones, and 2 teenie beanies. My friends from back home are all also getting some Beanie Babies... one of my friends is also getting some Pokemon figures, and I got another an Angry Birds Plush Pillow...

I'm giving my dad a Colorado Beanie Baby since he likes that place. I'm gonna give my brother a copy of Sonic Rush Adventure since it was on sale at TRU for a buck. x3

So far, I know I got a 3DS Stylus & Screen Protector pack (I'm just gonna use the styli though, as a screen protector is too late lol), a Wii U Jacket, Stylus, and Screen Protector (My mom also bought me a Wii U game, but I won't know which one until tomorrow and I won't be able to play it for awhile) and a $20 GameStop gift card.

I know this because it was in my PowerUp Reward Card Activity on GameStop.

- Epic Mickey 2 Limited Edition

- Subscription to a comic book got enhanced

- A Ticket for a live show of a comedian I really like

- Lots of chocolate

- 50 Euro cash

I like what I got. :D

I'm also going to get a late $50 GameStop gift card and if my aunt gives me a $20 one, that means I only need $30 to buy a Wii U.

This Christmas was one of the richest in terms of presents. I finally got a proper phone (Samsung Galaxy Mini 2), Big "The Amazing Spider-Man Vol.1"  comic booklet, bag and a calendar. My sis got move with that wonderbook thingy so I guess move counts as one of my presents too. Tomorrow I am going to see my grandfather and I'm sure there will be some presents here too (probably Infamous Collection for PS3).

Got a great haul this year:

HNI_0028-1_zps5d186d48.jpg

Nintendo Wii U Deluxe Set

HNI_0029-3_zps9449cd88.jpg

New Super Mario Bros. U

New Super Mario Bros. 2

HNI_0031-3_zps1026eaa4.jpg

Paper Mario: Sticker Star

Sonic & All-Stars Racing: Transformed (Xbox 360)

HNI_0033-3_zpsf7162ced.jpg

Kirby's Dream Collection: Special Edition

Pokemon Black 2

HNI_0035-4_zpsf607071a.jpg

Disney Epic Mickey: Power of Illusion

Transformers: Fall of Cybertron (Xbox 360)

HNI_0037-2_zps73fdcb8e.jpg

Mighty Morphin Power Rangers: The Complete Series (DVD)

Power Rangers: Seasons 4-7 (DVD)

Power Up Red Ranger Figure

HNI_0043-5_zps69b93308.jpg

Digimon: Digital Monsters: The Official First Season (DVD)

Power Rangers Super Samurai: The Complete Season (DVD)

HNI_0047-6_zpsc92d0c8d.jpg

Yu-Gi-Oh! Legendary Collection

Yu-Gi-Oh! Legendary Collection 2: The Duel Academy Years

HNI_0051-4_zps60fe07af.jpg

Yu-Gi-Oh! Legendary Collection 3: Yugi's World

HNI_0055-1_zpsb62595a2.jpg

Sonic and Sega All-Stars Racing Sonic the Hedgehog Diecast Collectible

Sonic and Sega All-Stars Racing Miles "Tails" Prower Diecast Collectible

Sonic and Sega All-Stars Racing Knuckles the Echidna Diecast Collectible

http://i113.photobucket.com/albums/n204/Chaotix12345/HNI_0058-2_zps82e68d11.jpg

iLuv Earbuds

Super Mario Peel and Stick Wall Decals

HNI_0060-5_zps1191ad42.jpg

My Little Pony Derpy Hooves Vinyl Figure (Gift from my Sister)

http://i113.photobucket.com/albums/n204/Chaotix12345/HNI_0063-1_zps01b1a862.jpg

Donkey Kong Plush

Blue Wii Remote Plus

http://i113.photobucket.com/albums/n204/Chaotix12345/HNI_0025-2_zps9f9dd18a.jpg

Jazwares Classic Knuckles Plush

HNI_0065-3_zpsae15a4f4.jpg

NKOK Sonic and Sega All-Stars Racing Battery-Operated Sonic the Hedgehog Vehicle

NKOK Sonic and Sega All-Stars Racing Battery-Operated Knuckles the Echidna Vehicle (It plays "Live and Learn" for some weird reason. tongue.png)

HNI_0067-4_zps1754d882.jpg

Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles 2012 Kraang Figure

Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles 2012 Foot Soldier Figure

HNI_0069-2_zps0e618eda.jpg

Power Rangers Super Samurai - Super Mega Ranger Fire Figure

Power Rangers Super Samurai - Super Mega Ranger Forest Figure

HNI_0072-1_zpsc5c0988e.jpg

Super Mario 5 inch Mario Figure

Super Mario 5 inch Luigi Figure

I also got a Best Buy gift card and some money from a couple of family gatherings.

• Thumbs Up 8

Pokemon White 2, Portal 2, Excalibur Sonic figure, Lancelot figure, and plenty of surprises which my mom is currently wrapping out of my sight in another room.

It's Christmas Eve here.

How come so many of you have open present already? T'is only the Eve!

I do know roughly what some of the stuff is I'm getting, but that's because I hard to buy for so I have to tell my folks exactly. So, stuff that will most likely be in my Christmas bunch;

-Sonic and All-Stars Racing Transformed (PS3)
-Skylanders Giants Booster (PS3)
-One or two Skylanders Giants figures.
-A Sonic lenticular case.
-A Sonic stylus set
-A Sonic 3DS carry case thing.

I also expect some chocolate, money and gift cards. However, the nature of the rest of the gifts is unknown to me.

I'm also giving this year again, hurrah. Typing this while being cautious of dad walking around upstairs;

-He's getting a Star Wars Visual Guide, Star Trek Behind the Scenes book and an audiobook of the Hobbit.

-My mum is getting a Beatles memorabilia book and a meerkat 365 day calendar. 

-My sister is getting a set of Kingdom Hearts figures that are kinda chibi-styled. 

• Thumbs Up 1

I got a cosey family moment and was surprised with a nice and cosey sweater. <3

Also, today I decided to spend some saved up money to buy myself a low profile graphics card online to replace a Windows 7-incompatible one. Not sure when it gets here, but I cannot wait!

How come so many of you have open present already? T'is only the Eve! 

In certain parts of the world, presents are opened the 24th~

• Thumbs Up 1

Sit down kiddies, Uncle Cola's got a story to tell.

Back in the 6th grade, my school had a "Santa Shop", where you could go in and get your friends and family small gifts. After getting things for my parents, I waltzed over to a table, picked up a shitty paddleball, and bought it for my younger brother. Come Christmas morning, he liked it, but it broke after about 5 minutes. When 7th grade rolled around, I went back to the Santa Shop. Again, I bought him a paddleball, having forgotten the one i bought they year prior. When 8th grade, my mom specifically told me "Johnny, don't buy another paddleball." Can you guess what I bought?

This year, I'm starting a running joke present.

I'm going to buy him a paddleball every year.

This time, it's NOT a shitty one.

• Thumbs Up 6

Sit down kiddies, Uncle Cola's got a story to tell.

Back in the 6th grade, my school had a "Santa Shop", where you could go in and get your friends and family small gifts. After getting things for my parents, I waltzed over to a table, picked up a shitty paddleball, and bought it for my younger brother. Come Christmas morning, he liked it, but it broke after about 5 minutes. When 7th grade rolled around, I went back to the Santa Shop. Again, I bought him a paddleball, having forgotten the one i bought they year prior. When 8th grade, my mom specifically told me "Johnny, don't buy another paddleball." Can you guess what I bought?

This year, I'm starting a running joke present.

I'm going to buy him a paddleball every year.

This time, it's NOT a shitty one.

Oh man! My elementary school had those, forgot completely about them!!!

You seriously just brought back some memories for me. Nothing seemed to tell me the holidays were here like rummaging about all that crap and finding neat trinkets and books.

Oh man! My elementary school had those, forgot completely about them!!!

You seriously just brought back some memories for me. Nothing seemed to tell me the holidays were here like rummaging about all that crap and finding neat trinkets and books.

I got this little Philips head/Flat head screwdriver ratchet thingy that looks like a lazer gun from there! I still use it, actually!

My haul for this year:

Sonic t-shirt

Big box of Cadbury Favourites chocolates

$40 cash

Some random animal eraser figures from Japan

Chocolate eggs

$50 iTunes gift card. I have no use for it, so I'll be taking it back to a store that sells them for some equal value store credit.

Overally I really enjoyed this year, much better than last year! biggrin.png

My girlfriend's gifts from me:

A new phone case

An OBEY hat that she was gushing about

And a I <3 Boobies bracelet from the Breast Cancer awareness people.

What I'm getting in general:

A new Sony PC with an AMD Radeon Graphics Card

Metal Gear Rising(Girlfriend)