Awoo.

The Topic of OMG FREE STUFF!?

Badnik Mechanic

To celebrate Pride Month, the game Tell Me Why is gonna be free for an entire month on both Microsoft stores (consoles and PC) and Steam.

• 2 weeks later...

Helltaker is a fee game on steam and I recommend playing it to anyone who has a bad day and needs cheering up.

You can beat it in 1h, it's just a simple puzzle game with consequence free "skip level" button. You'll stick around for a story.

It's about dude waking up one day and deciding he wants to have harem of demon girls. Expect art-style and comedy is reminiscent of Steven Universe. You'll fall in love in characters not because of skimpy outfits (they don't), but because they all lovable dorks. It's a silly game that guarantee to put smile on your face.

It also has a funny webcomic and tested by me recipe for delicious apple pie.

• 4 weeks later...

Bit of a cheat, but Sky: Children of Light is finally out on Switch (this is thatgamecompany's followup to their previous acclaimed games such as Journey and Flower)

Reason I call this a cheat is that you could technically class this under the freemium model (or free to play). In all honesty this is one of the least predatory games out in the market as the entire games' campaign, 'missions', and all the seasonal content is all accessible to you as long as you have a constant Online Connection. You can grind for the candles/hearts (the in game currency), or pay for passes if you want to unlock the multitudes of cosmetics available - but these don't enhance or change the gameplay in any meaningful way.

Previously this was a mobile exclusive for 2 years and has since build up a reputation within that community as one of the app stores better experiences - and better yet if you have an account via playing it that way you already then you can transfer/access your details as it uses the same server. 

When it comes down to it the game feels quintessentially like a direct sequel / follow up to the ideas and concepts that started with Journey. Level designs are VERY similar in places and especially in how the game flows,  but whilst the story and experience that Journey excels at isn't quite as focused in Sky, what the game excels at is how they double down on the communication and player connection idea when playing with others online. There's usually up to 8 players running around the levels with you, you can ignore them if you want, or make quick friendships with others using emotes, calling sounds, tags, and running around levels holding hands or solving tasks and helping each other out. Its a really sweet and chilled out (and non-obtrusive) experience - and I say this as someone that gets anxious playing online usually.  

TL;DR: Worth the free download if you haven't tried it already and are a big fan of Journey.

• 6 months later...
  • 2 months later...

In order to celebrate the integration of their catalogue on Steam due to the shutdown of their own launcher, Bethesda is offering for free the first two Elders Scrolls (Arena and Daggerfall) and Wolfenstein: Enemy Territory.
While i do suggest you to grab them since they're still free games at the end of the day, it's worth noting that sadly these are not the best versions avaible online, check the community and review sections for tips on how to optimize your experience. GoG might also have better versions.

• Thumbs Up 1

• 1 month later...

Much like last year, to celebrate pride month, Tell Me Why is free on all Microsoft Stores and Steam.

• Thumbs Up 1

• 2 weeks later...

Shantae and the Pirate's Curse is free on GOG for the next 48 hours. Huge get for the best game in the series.

https://www.gog.com/en

The claim button is a little ways down the page, linking the actual game page doesn't seem to allow the user to claim it.

• 2 weeks later...

Too Human, due to a bunch of legal issues, is free now, as it cannot be sold. This is apparently some loophole, but the whole situation is wild lol

• Chuckle 1

So you know the game Plague Inc?

Well it's on virtually every platform and it has a major DLC pack called "The Cure".

It was made and released about 2 years ago and they made it free DLC until Covid 19 was considered "Under Control".

Well... Wether you agree or not with that statement. Its going to be paid for DLC on July 1st.

This is your last chance to get it. But you can get it for free even if you don't have the game. I just added it to my PSN account and been playing the PC version of the cure today. It's really good!

• 4 months later...
  • The topic was unpinned