Awoo.

What is Sonic to you?

BlazeHeatnix

Everyone says the games are all about platforming, speed, physics, etc. But what do you think is the core formula for a Sonic game? The one that no matter how it's presented, whether like the Classic or Modern stages in Generations, feels like Sonic?

For me, it would be a sense of speed, bright and colorful graphics, and a catchy energizing soundtrack. If any one of those elements is missing, it just isn't Sonic. Comparing Sonic Heroes to Shadow the Hedgehog, both are similarly designed, have the same controls, camera, engine, etc. But Shadow the Hedgehog has dull uninterestingly colored textures and the almost none of the music is memorable. And you're going really slow to clear objectives and kill lots of enemies with huge health bars. Even if you take the game for what it is, it just doesn't feel like Sonic.

This gon be cheesy.

Throughout my harsh times, dood's been there with and for me. It's kinda like an imaginary friend. He's played a huge part in shaping me to a nice individual.

oh wait...

Oh, the games? Fun stuff that brings us on an adventure I guess.

• Thumbs Up 3

A fast paced platforming game series starring a blue rodent and his friends beating up robots because they have nothing better to do.

What is Sonic to me ... interesting question, Blaze.

To me, "Sonic" is a franchise that is generally about the many adventures of a fast-moving blue talking anthropomorphic hedgehog and his huge entourage of equally colorful animal friends in his bid to save the world from an egg-shaped megalomaniacal human who aims to turn it into a planetary Egopolis. It has some good, as well as some bad, really bad and meh, but as a whole, it's something that I don't, for a second, regret being a part of. 

Edited by Komodin
  • Thumbs Up 3

Well, Sonic is a part of his own franchise, being the main character known for his fast running and platforming levels as well as a rival to Nintendo mascot Mario.

To "me", Sonic is a cool blue dude who's been with me ever since I was younger and a character I've just been a huge fan of as I've been growing up. Playing his games, enjoying (most of) them, and experiencing the music and levels shaped my view as a person and a gamer today.

The core Formula to a Sonic game in my honest opinion is High speed Platforming along with great visuals, fantastic music, and the most important thing all Sonic games need Sonic the Hedgehog(Pancakes)

Edited by Chrononego

What Sonic is to me: A true hero, standing up for his princess. He lives in a world of endless wonder, much like our own. He is mighty and protective, willing to play the bad guy or give his life.

What Sonic is to me: A true hero, standing up for his princess. He lives in a world of endless wonder, much like our own. He is mighty and protective, willing to play the bad guy or give his life.

Elise is not Sonic's princess. 

.../trollface.

Edited by Malpercio
  • Thumbs Up 2

I hate you all so much.

Um...? Is there a problem? If there is I'm not seeing one.

Edited by Chrononego

Elise is not Sonic's princess. 

.../trollface.

Neither is Blaze.

But Sonic to me is the adventures of the world's fastest and bluest hedgehog and his friends saving the world and sometimes even the universe from an egotistical, goofy yet dangerous egg-shaped guy and his ever growing army of robots.

• Thumbs Up 1

It's a game series that I know I'm going to buy 90% of the games released because I'm a fucking tool the dude made my childhood glorious and he still appears in great games today that I look forward to playing.

He's also a character who I like, but isn't even half as great as Knuckles the Echidna. But no-one's as great as Knuckles!

Edited by Optimus Prime

Neither is Blaze.

But Sonic to me is the adventures of the world's fastest and bluest hedgehog and his friends saving the world and sometimes even the universe from an egotistical, goofy yet dangerous egg-shaped guy and his ever growing army of robots.

That was the joke: Miru only said "defending his princess," which could either refer to Elise or Blaze, since they are the only two characters with the official title of Princess in the game universe.

Edited by Malpercio

Well, you didn't mention Blaze, and since miru is a Sonaze guy...

Just wanted to point it out.