Awoo.

What is Sonic to you?

BlazeHeatnix

Well, you didn't mention Blaze, and since miru is a Sonaze guy...

Just wanted to point it out.

I already knew that. I just made a joke out of it by flipping Blaze for Elise, since his original statement was vague enough to make the joke.

Enough about princesses, this is Mario's thing.

if we ignore Elise, Blaze, Sally and... and... oh yeah, Tiara, if we ignore Elise, Blaze, Sally and Tiara, princesses are totally not Sonic's thing at all

not at all.

right guys?

I already knew that. I just made a joke out of it by flipping Blaze for Elise, since his original statement was vague enough to make the joke.
Indeed, it is Blaze. He is the hero who will save her, and the rest of his Merry Men and Women, from monstrous scoundrels such as the Babylon Rogues, terrors of the skies ,Robotnik, destructive megalomaniac, and Metal Sonic, the robot copy.

Indeed, it is Blaze. He is the hero who will save her, and the rest of his Merry Men and Women, from monstrous scoundrels such as the Babylon Rogues, terrors of the skies , *cough* Eggman *cough*, destructive megalomaniac, and Metal Sonic, the robot copy.

Oh come now, we all know the Babylon Rogues are irritating buttwipes, but monstrous scoundrels? If you think a bunch of egotistical racers who lose all the time are monstrous scoundrels, then I'd hate to hear what you have to say about characters like the devil in furball form himself, Mephiles... ._.

Edited by Optimus Prime

Oh come now, we all know the Babylon Rogues are irritating buttwipes, but monstrous scoundrels? If you think a bunch of egotistical racers who lose all the time are monstrous scoundrels, then I'd hate to hear what you have to say about characters like the devil in furball form himself, Mephiles... ._.

Miru stopped making any shred of sense a looooong time ago...

What is Sonic to me? Well I know that Palas has some interesting ideas about what defines Sonic... But I haven't thought about it all that much.

To me, Sonic is a blue anthropomorphic hedgehog who can run faster than the speed of sound. The Sonic franchise consists chiefly of video games, and also some comic books and TV Shows. For me, a Sonic video game has to have speed. I'm not one who thinks that speed is the most and only important thing in the video games, though. It's a combination of platforming, exploration and a surreal world which is experienced at high speeds. If it doesn't feel fast, it doesn't feel like Sonic. Again this doesn't mean it should be running really really fast in a straight line, but it has to feel fast and demand quick reaction times but without being too memorization-based. It's a tricky formula to get right. I feel that Generations did a good job of it though.

I'm really glad to know the Sonic series.

EDIT: I hope this made sense; the formula that defines Sonic is very complex and is a bit different for everyone, so my explanation was really simplistic.

Edited by Frogging101

Umm, Sonic to me is just a blue hedgehog whose brought me a lot of happiness over the last 14 years tongue.png He's almost like the friend I never had, aha. 

For me Sonic has always been the hero. The guy who will risk his life over and over again to protect his friends (and planet), but he will never kill Eggman. Sonic is about pure goodness and is a shining example of how to live one's life. Always be selfless and help others. Whether it be cartoons, music, comic books or computers games, this blue hedgehog always makes me feel good. With this guy I always want to go for a good future.

Edited by Robin John Blake

Something that I find thoroughly delightful except the odd things that aren't thoroughly delightful like '06, Chronicles, Archie and Underground but I don't let those awful parts of the franchise impact my enjoyment of it. at the end of the day, they're just things to be disregarded.

I adore this franchise. I freaking adore it. From the mostly wonderful characters especially Sonic in particular to the consistently fantastic music (Except Chronicles obviously) to the fascinating world the games are set in. Angel Island? Molecurpea? The United Federation? South Island? Westside Island? Apotos? Spagonia? I could go on. And the sense of speed that no other game can truly emulate. I even love collecting the merchandise and attending Summer of Sonic biggrin.png

There is so much in this franchise that grabs my full attention and affection. Games, cartoons, music, merch, fan events. I have such a deep degree of regard for it that I have written/I write for two highly acclaimed Sonic websites; Here and Concept:"Mobius", extending/having extended my affection and knowledge of the series to them.

Edited by Vertekins
  • Thumbs Up 4

It's kind of hard to say what Sonic is to me. Something I greatly adore, obviously. Sonic is the only franchise I like that much.

Sometimes, Sonic games, cartoons, comics and other things related to that little blue hedgehog are just a nice hobby, something fun to do in my free time. I love the challenge of a new game, beating levels the first time, getting through the story. I like the cartoony design of the characters, the little details in every game, the music...

Sometimes Sonic, the characters, the stories and the whole world around it are inspirational to me. I love the positive, bright nature of Sonic's world, even during its darker times. Sometimes Sonic games are a colorful escape route to me. How much faster can you forget a dull grey day than by chasing through loops at the speed of sound? No matter how often I've played the games by now, they still never fail to bring a smile to my face. I can't just not smile when playing Sonic. It might sound stupid, but I really value that about Sonic games. After all, smiles are what it's for, right? happy.png

• Thumbs Up 1

Sonic, to me? Well then, Sonic to me is a teenager, who always likes to poke fun and crack one-liners, while saving the world.

Sonic is:

A video game icon.

The main character of some of the best games ever made.

A nostalgic childhood memory.

And a current nerdy obsession. :P

Sonic is the true blue dude with a 'tude! Yeah.

Although I am sure these days, to most people, he is like someone's embarrassing uncle.

Seriously though, I love this franchise. I loved the games when I was a kid, got into the TV shows, comic books etc... and now 20 years later I am still playing the games. Comics, TV shows etc... ehhh, not so much! :D

What is Sonic to me? A blue anthropormorphic hedgehog with green eyes and red shoes that runs really fast, for starters. But Sonic is so much more than that...

He is a video game icon, existing for over 2 decades now and some bad times during that stretch, so Sonic is a survivor. For the most part his games have had goregous graphics and level design and excellent music with fun and fast gameplay. He's got a nice cast of characters around him too, even though they have been put on the backburner lately. But what stands out to me with Sonic is character, and he is full of it.

Despite his cool and calm attitude, no matter what the issue is, Sonic has always shown himself to be a hero with a big heart willing to help out anyone in need. The games over the years have displayed a multitude of Sonic's excellent qualities in fine characterization, such as: being unselfish in thinking about others ahead of himself, even at his own risk, his protective nature, always seeking to turn a negative into a positive, always seeking to cheer others up, is talkative and humorous...and these are just a few. If anything has caused me to adore Sonic as much as I do, it's his awesome character. 

Once I stumbled across some Sonic media back in 2010 after being away from the Sonic franchise since 1995, it became very clear to me that I still adored this guy, even after all these years that I had been away from the series. It seems like I picked up right where I left off from being a fan, only there is more within the franchise for me to enjoy now, and I mean a lot more. And looking back in nearly the past 29 years of my life, my interests in various franchises have come and gone. Now as for Sonic, I honestly don't see my interest waning in him anytime soon, as it seems to be only increasing nowadays, especially since Sonic is my favorite character of all time. Sonic himself and the franchise just give me so much to enjoy! smile.png

• Thumbs Up 5

What is Sonic to me? If I'm talking about the game then I enjoy the color pallette and simplicity of the classics. As for the character himself, he is THE LOVE OF MY LIFE!!!

Sonic? Ah, he's a thing. A fictional blue hedgehog associated with many happy memories and lots of merchandise. And also a bit of a springpoint for my focus on Herpetology, but only in a sense that it's his face plastered to the name of the franchise that co-fired it. 

Sonic The Hedgehog is the reason for me dusting off the old Mega-drive/Genesis every so often and playing through either Sonic 1, 2, 3 &/or Knuckles, because no matter how much time passes by, they always bring me great joy and let me remember those glorious childhood memories. Everything else for me is a nice bonus. cool.png I'm not the obsessive fan I used to be but Sonic has been a part of my life since around 1997 and I could never forget him.

Edited by Madhatter

As a series? Entertaining fantasy world with a cast of generally pretty cute characters and a multitude of different themes and directions; for better and for worse.

Indeed, a large part of what attracts me is the multitude of different interpretations of the world and it's characters, a very large reason why the fanbase is so broken, but also a reason as to why it is so large.

The character? I'll get to that later.

A big part of my childhood. The sonic series shows that no matter how old I get I will always have something to remind me how far I have come in life and what influenced me to be the person that I am now.

• 3 weeks later...

Sonic is everything to me! I am super obsessed, like one of those over the top obsessed nerdy fans!!!!! The whole Sonic world that was created by the games,comics, and tv show (talkin about sonic x), I LOVE! I love the characters, how each one has a whole different backstory. At the end of the day, or whenever I am really down or tired, I pop in a Sonic game (currently obsessed with sonic colors) or listen to some soundtracks (currently obsessed with Sonic and the Black Knight OST). Every part of this franchise is part of my life and makes me really happy! Thank you Sega!!!!

Sonic to me... Was a struggle, He was my greatest hero, my escape from the shit in my life, but being a devoted fan also has brought me much unhappiness, bullied, mocked and shit on, but my nerves held well and my stubborn nature braved through all the negativity and I expect Sonic to be the one to take me on a crazy adventure of ring collecting and robot smashing whilst saving the world from an Evil Genius, he helps me escape the grim reality of things and puts me at peace and makes me feel like the hero of each story.

Sonic may not be my  main focus in life any more, but he will always be a part of me till the day I die.

Edited by Black☆Rock Shooter