Awoo.

What is Sonic to you?

BlazeHeatnix

A series with all the potential in the universe to be the most amazing thing ever, but often either slightly misses the mark or completely dodges it, tumbling to its demise.

It's also probably the only series that has been as close to my heart as it has been. I love this series almost purely on all the good times I had with the games, stories, art/music, etc; and seeing just how the potential for it is seeping from its very pores. I get so enamored with thinking about how it'd be if they expanded on the gameplay, the characters and their interactions, the environments, everything. Its part of what even keeps me around as long as it has.

With that, I guess its just a series I have a lot of passion for. lol not Sonic Passion

Edited by Azookara

What is Sonic to me? A blue anthropormorphic hedgehog with green eyes and red shoes that runs really fast, for starters. But Sonic is so much more than that...   He is a video game icon, existing for over 2 decades now and some bad times during that stretch, so Sonic is a survivor. For the most part his games have had goregous graphics and level design and excellent music with fun and fast gameplay. He's got a nice cast of characters around him too, even though they have been put on the backburner lately. But what stands out to me with Sonic is character, and he is full of it.   Despite his cool and calm attitude, no matter what the issue is, Sonic has always shown himself to be a hero with a big heart willing to help out anyone in need. The games over the years have displayed a multitude of Sonic's excellent qualities in fine characterization, such as: being unselfish in thinking about others ahead of himself, even at his own risk, his protective nature, always seeking to turn a negative into a positive, always seeking to cheer others up, is talkative and humorous...and these are just a few. If anything has caused me to adore Sonic as much as I do, it's his awesome character.    Once I stumbled across some Sonic media back in 2010 after being away from the Sonic franchise since 1995, it became very clear to me that I still adored this guy, even after all these years that I had been away from the series. It seems like I picked up right where I left off from being a fan, only there is more within the franchise for me to enjoy now, and I mean a lot more. And looking back in nearly the past 29 years of my life, my interests in various franchises have come and gone. Now as for Sonic, I honestly don't see my interest waning in him anytime soon, as it seems to be only increasing nowadays, especially since Sonic is my favorite character of all time. Sonic himself and the franchise just give me so much to enjoy! :)
Pretty much this.

Speed for gameplay, and a guy who won't give up no matter how tough it gets in story. Nor punch Eggman's head off as tempting as it should be at times.

This gon be cheesy.

Throughout my harsh times, dood's been there with and for me. It's kinda like an imaginary friend. He's played a huge part in shaping me to a nice individual.

Yay, I'm not alone!

Imaginary friend really is a good description of my view of him. Even though he isn't real, my attachment is as if he was a best friend.