Awoo.

[COLLAB] Sonic's 22nd Anniversary Art Collaboration 2013

Lady Soniko

Can I have sonic 2 :)

Just a thought. Once done do you think it's possible to make this into a calendar like book for us all to purchase?

Can I have sonic 2 smile.png

Just a thought. Once done do you think it's possible to make this into a calendar like book for us all to purchase?

I'm not sure if i'll be able to do that Since Sonic is a copyrighted product that I can't sell for my own gain, the banner is different since it's supporting an event with no personal gain, I can look into it but it's probably going to be a no unfortunately :( it's a lovely idea though!

and yes! you may have Sonic 2 :)

Finished my contribution, Just check your email.

I really like the idea of some kinda complimation book for all the artwork. Although like you said this would have to be cleared by SEGA. Im not entirely sure what would have to be done for SEGA to ok it but I would assume it would involve giving them rights to the artwork to use as they please. Please dont quote me on that though as Im no legal expert.

I'll look into making some form of art book on the whole thing, maybe even combining 2011's art if that's cool with you all? Maybe get a few words from each artist to go along with the picture and such, I mean it can definitely be done as a fan-works art book but I still need permission from SEGA I'd of thought, but this Project also seems very low key for that sort of exposure, If I were to make a book I'd take a Capcom approach and start up a tribute book getting artist's from all over the world involved and only including the best Sonic works submitted, but that seems like a project for another time I would think.

Also a Congratulations for Emerald-Shine being the first member to finish the first piece of art for the collab! Thanks for taking part!

Edited by Black☆Rock Shooter
  • Thumbs Up 2

One down already?! Amazing, you guys are fast, I didn't even started to sketch xD I better hurry while I'm on vacation!

Edited by Jango

Can we see early pieces for art inspiration?

Thanks

I would love to Logan, but best I keep the images secret until the final revealing for more hype and excitement!

One down already?! Amazing, you guys are fast, I didn't even started to sketch xD I better hurry while I'm on vacation!

Yes! Amazingly fast and a great piece to kick start the project too! ;)

I want Sonic 3D Blast!

Sure!

Yes! Amazingly fast and a great piece to kick start the project too! wink.png

Aww dont, you'll make me blush....and inflate my ego.tongue.png

Was it really that fast, I thought it wasnt fast enough and  took too long getting it done. Ive been looking at the list and realised theres still quite a few empty slots. If you need help filling them, Would you object if I did Sonic 1, Sonic Under ground, and the sonic advance 1,2,3 as a back up? Not trying to horde the project, its just in case you cant get them filled, in time.

Question: What could one do for Shadow the Hedgehog? Since sonic took a back seat in that game and the 3d renders for that game are very similar to the current ones, the only thing I can think of to make it Recongisable is giving Sonic a gun, which I dont think many people would like since It clashes with the franchise. Dam that game was awful.

The sonic advance I was thinking could try in replicate the sprite work seen in the menus. Not sure if that could work though, would need some big ass pixels and they likely wouldnt resize properly.

So just to clarify, when you say art style stuff, do you just mean as in we need to draw Sonic on-model with how he looked in the game, or are we expected to try and replicate the art style of the game?  Coz mine'd probably be my usual cartooney style.  D=

If cartooney is okay assuming that it is clearly modern Sonic's design and such, I'll tentatively take Sonic 2006 (life's been busy lately so I'll try to have something done by like, mid-February at the latest, and if I haven't managed anything by then I'll let you know and give up the slot to someone else).

(I'd also like to do Sonic 2 8-bit as it has a special place in my heart but I suck at drawing Classic Sonic so I'll attempt something BEFORE claiming that spot).

Edited by JezMM

Was it really that fast, I thought it wasnt fast enough and  took too long getting it done. Ive been looking at the list and realised theres still quite a few empty slots. If you need help filling them, Would you object if I did Sonic 1, Sonic Under ground, and the sonic advance 1,2,3 as a back up? Not trying to horde the project, its just in case you cant get them filled, in time.

Question: What could one do for Shadow the Hedgehog? Since sonic took a back seat in that game and the 3d renders for that game are very similar to the current ones, the only thing I can think of to make it Recongisable is giving Sonic a gun, which I dont think many people would like since It clashes with the franchise. Dam that game was awful.

The sonic advance I was thinking could try in replicate the sprite work seen in the menus. Not sure if that could work though, would need some big ass pixels and they likely wouldnt resize properly.

I'll keep you in mind for a back up artist but lets see if the other spots fill up by then, the more I look at it the more I notice there isn't that many places left anyway!

To answer your question, Shadow the Hedgehog would be the only exception where Sonic wouldn't be the main character, so Shadow would take part as the centre piece, whilst Sonic could be drawn with him.

i.e have Shadow standing in the middle with Sonic to his left with a blue outline, and Doom's Eye to the right with a red outline to show off the good/bad path system from the game.

So just to clarify, when you say art style stuff, do you just mean as in we need to draw Sonic on-model with how he looked in the game, or are we expected to try and replicate the art style of the game?  Coz mine'd probably be my usual cartooney style.  D=

If cartooney is okay assuming that it is clearly modern Sonic's design and such, I'll tentatively take Sonic 2006 (life's been busy lately so I'll try to have something done by like, mid-February at the latest, and if I haven't managed anything by then I'll let you know and give up the slot to someone else).

(I'd also like to do Sonic 2 8-bit as it has a special place in my heart but I suck at drawing Classic Sonic so I'll attempt something BEFORE claiming that spot).

Either or Both really, but it can simply be your style, but if that's the case you MUST draw Sonic on model like he was in the game, as if you're choosing 06, you'd have to draw tall anorexic Sonic with ridiculously long quills and super shiny shoes!

Sonic 2 8-Bit isn't on the list, but if we fill up the slots then I'll consider adding the Game Gear games along with them!

I'll keep you in mind for a back up artist but lets see if the other spots fill up by then, the more I look at it the more I notice there isn't that many places left anyway!

No worries, I'll be here if you need me. I may draw them anyway just for fun.

Either or Both really, but it can simply be your style, but if that's the case you MUST draw Sonic on model like he was in the game, as if you're choosing 06, you'd have to draw tall anorexic Sonic with ridiculously long quills and super shiny shoes!

Ah okay, I understand!

Edited by JezMM

Since I'm drawing Heroes, I'll do Heroes style, but I'll mix with my own (even if I don't want to xD). And I'm obviously gonna do Team Sonic, not Sonic alone. I've sketched all the 3 in the bobsled yesterday, but... is not looking too good XD Still thinking on a cool unexpected background, you love SEASIDE HILL, RIGHT GAES?

Edited by Jango

Since I'm drawing Heroes, I'll do Heroes style, but I'll mix with my own (even if I don't want to xD). And I'm obviously gonna do Team Sonic, not Sonic alone. I've sketched all the 3 in the bobsled yesterday, but... is not looking too good XD Still thinking on a cool unexpected background, you love SEASIDE HILL, RIGHT GAES?

NO Backgrounds, absolutely none.

You can draw props and stuff from Seaside Hill, but not a full Background.

NO Backgrounds, absolutely none.

You can draw props and stuff from Seaside Hill, but not a full Background.

I know =D Thanks!

• Thumbs Up 1

I'll take Shadow, if that's cool. I actually had a similar idea to what you mentioned a few posts up.

That's totally cool with me

Speaking of which when I said Sonic is the main character, I just realized Knuckles Chaotix didn't have Sonic in it...hmm..

Speaking of which when I said Sonic is the main character, I just realized Knuckles Chaotix didn't have Sonic in it...hmm..

He does appear at the good ending, if that matters...

Knuckles%20Chaotix_Dec3%2018_17_00.png

I need an idea. I need a bolt of inspiration to hit me in the temple and get my creative juices flowing, so they may splutter on the perfectly formed pages. Accessing an idea that will deeply penetrate the soul in an orgasmic fashion. Requiring oral medication to recover from the pulsating experience...

...I got nothing...

An idea will come in time.

>.>

<.<

What the heck did I just type??

I have an idea, but I'm getting worried in case I can't finish my pic in time.

Also I'm changing style. It's either SA1 or Mario vs Donkey Kong style.

So how are people getting on with their projects? Updates please!

Sonic is done. Do I need to add some bits of background or do you just need Sonic alone ?

Sonic is done. Do I need to add some bits of background or do you just need Sonic alone ?

Entirely up to you, it just makes it even easier to recognize which game you chose!