Awoo.

[COLLAB] Sonic's 22nd Anniversary Art Collaboration 2013

Lady Soniko

I've not forgotten! @_@;

I just took my sweet time getting an idea together. It's just under inking now, and I'm happy with it thus far.

You guy's all rock, seriously, this is coming along much nicer and quicker than last years, keep it up guys, there are some A+ entries in my collab folder right now, this is going to look sweet as when it's all finished!

Another quick update-my Sonic Adventure piece should be done tomorrow, best case scenario, and Thursday at most.

I'm going to knuckle down and get mine done by the end of this week. I promise! I only need to do a bit of tweaking on the paper and then I'm on to the digital, my final stage. Shouldn't be long now!

When the final dates for submitting work? Ive penciled half of mine so far.. Not got much time for at least a week now.. Cheers

• Thumbs Up 1

If I was more active I might be able to catch something like this and actually have time to do something for it ._____. Crap.

Edited by SonikkuXM

Well as it stands, Summer of Sonic still hasn't been announced, and a person on the inside said it's going to be later this year, so the time is extended indefinitely until a concrete date is set for the event.

So don't worry, you still have time to finish up before I start kicking ass.

If I was more active I might be able to catch something like this and actually have time to do something for it ._____. Crap.

You can still join! Got any preferred game/cartoon?

Well as it stands, Summer of Sonic still hasn't been announced, and a person on the inside said it's going to be later this year, so the time is extended indefinitely until a concrete date is set for the event.

So question, I am interested, however I cant draw to save my life, however I do have a model or two I am working on so that I could do an image for either sonic the fighters or triple trouble. Would a carefully rendered image be acceptable? I might even have a technique I could use to make it appear as if it was drawn or sketched, no promises on that though. (and I will make all the character models from scratch.... though that means I now have to make a sonic model, yeesh)

(in case you are wondering, this is partaily because I am interested, and also gives me an extra drive to finish my fang model, and to try and make that bark model, and this would be fun as well)

Edited by Mandobardanjusik

Yeah that's fine, as long as you screen shot it at high resolution, otherwise a 3D model would be useless for a drawn project, but it sounds interesting, always liked mixed medias.

Edited by Super Soniko

Yeah that's fine, as long as you screen shot it at high resolution, otherwise a 3D model would be useless for a drawn project, but it sounds interesting, always liked mixed medias.

Actualy, since I am using max, I will take a render, which allows me to adjust lighting and output size and type, so only roughness you might see is the polycount XD. also, while the characters will be in their style for that period, my models wont be bare-bone low poly like the originals, but they will be the same guys and look like they did in that period. also which one depends on wheter or not I can make Bark, otherwise I may end up doing both, since it will be an expansion and I can get away with using the same character models....

Hey I'm kinda curious about this. Is there any examples of past works that I could take a look at first? Just to see what to aim for and if I would have time before committing to anything.

Well I was interested in doing Shadow the Hedgehog, but I can't do CG and I wouldn't have any idea how to do that, seeing the game was based around Shadow and there's no technical art style. Just... draw him and Sonic saving the world from Doom? Or something? ^^;

Also my largest scanner resolution is like 1000 pixels.

Edited by SonikkuXM

Do I still have time to participate in this? :3

Just looked at the front page. If I CAN participate, can I do the Advance trilogy?

Edited by Super Spindash

I'm not very good at drawing, but if you don't mind amateur-ish stuff then I could give it a go I suppose.

Well I was interested in doing Shadow the Hedgehog, but I can't do CG and I wouldn't have any idea how to do that, seeing the game was based around Shadow and there's no technical art style. Just... draw him and Sonic saving the world from Doom? Or something? ^^;

Also my largest scanner resolution is like 1000 pixels.

Yeah Shadow and Sonic definitely, but it has to be a limited amount of scenery, kinda like "White World" in Sonic Generations hub centre, you can give it a go still if you wish, 1000 is pretty low Resolution wise though.

Do I still have time to participate in this? :3

Just looked at the front page. If I CAN participate, can I do the Advance trilogy?

Yes of course!

I'm not very good at drawing, but if you don't mind amateur-ish stuff then I could give it a go I suppose.

It's not about skill, it's about bringing a community of artist's together for a project that might be part of SoS' décor, so sure you can join!

My entry is finished!

If they are any other slots that need filling, I'd be happy to try and tackle another one if there's enough time. Just in case...

But for now, I need to rest.

...Is this still open?

If it is, and I know it's not on the list, but... can I do Sonic Dash?

• 4 weeks later...

I'm gonna go ahead and snatch the Shadow the Hedgehog spot if it's still open, I think I can do the 3000px resolution if I tweak it a bit. The lineart might be rough though with it being that big. If the deadline is soon though, then don't worry about it. I don't have internet connection at my house, and it could be weeks before I can get online again. I have an idea in mind. I'm gonna go ahead and make it... but if I upload it too late, I'll just submit it to my art account on DA, no biggie.

You definitely have time, so feel free to take it! With no actual date on Summer of Sonic, and the recent reveal of Lost World, Mario & Sonic Winter Olympics 2 and a mystery game on the horizon, things have slowed down considerably to say the least.

• 1 month later...