Awoo.

[HACK] Fas' Sonic Generations Mods!

Faseeh

Wow....the scaling for Grand Metropolis isn't Xbox Hueg anymore, Frog Forest is looking wonderful, and Pyramid Cave is....well, Cavey.

Can't wait to see what you show us next. 

• Thumbs Up 1

Wow....the scaling for Grand Metropolis isn't Xbox Hueg anymore, Frog Forest is looking wonderful, and Pyramid Cave is....well, Cavey.

Can't wait to see what you show us next. 

I got the dood to fix it, and thanks a lot! Frog Forest is the most complete for now and Hyuga has done the water and I tell you it's gonna look smashing.

Pyramid Cave... I'm still working on it, it was a never a beautiful stage though.

ihatesa2.

Not too shabby, it's looking pretty good. I really like the way Pyramid Cave is turning out so far, seems very promising. I think it's very cool how the community is able to keep a game going like this with new content and mods even if the official developers don't.

• Thumbs Up 2

Not too shabby, it's looking pretty good. I really like the way Pyramid Cave is turning out so far, seems very promising. I think it's very cool how the community is able to keep a game going like this with new content and mods even if the official developers don't.

Thanks! Yeah, Generations could have used DLC but oh well.

Oh and also, if you guys have any requests, PM and I'll try I guess? :P

Very nicely done

Keep it up, you'll likely start doing great and stuff

Good luck

Thanks, it's great hearing that from another nice modder!

Wow, these are all looking amazing! I don't make mods but I'm certainly interested in downloading Generations onto PC now even though I have it on PS3.

• Thumbs Up 1

Wow, these are all looking amazing! I don't make mods but I'm certainly interested in downloading Generations onto PC now even though I have it on PS3.

With a PC to handle it, Generations on PC is really the best version in my opinion. 

Thanks.

Oh and guys, you might get an exclusive thingy over here on New Year's Eve.

Fas is also working on Tropical Jungle from 06. He just said it on the Skype chat, but I've known it longer

That's right...

Oh and HAPPY NEW YEAR YAY.

To celebrate it, some new stuff to show:

http://youtu.be/1rCXjbFxMnE

Well, yeah. Here it is. Happy new year! Well, at least from my time!

I did this cos' TGE gave me a rip and rig and such. BoomBoomFP helped me put it in and SonicFan12 did the voices and some texture edits.

Well, yes, there are problems with the model, thanks to the hand (TGE tried I guess :/) and well the voices are a bit soft, but oh well.

Guess this is good enough for now, I prolly won't re-do this.

Well, with that said, I hope you like the mod. Remember, to activate it, ya need to put it in the 'mods' folder of the Sonic Generations root directory and enable this in SonicGMI.

https://www.box.com/s/8lgquy78pjo4k62l3igq - Click on either one of the download button!

Thanks and hope ya enjoy this! Oh by the way, don't turn Super as.... well, I haven't replaced it and Jet doesn't have one anyway.

And then Pyramid Cave progress. 

So yeah, other than that, Hyuga and I've restarted Aquarium Park. :)

That's about it, it was a good start to the year.

• Thumbs Up 1

• 3 weeks later...

It's definitely a nice start and I'm looking forward to seeing how these progress. I'd think about changing that Frog Forest music though, it's way too bland and dull to suit a Sonic game, never mind a fast paced Modern Stage in Generations. However I understand there aren't that many Frog Forest remixes around unfortunately, in which case I'd totally stick to the original.

Great work!

Some textures look a bit odd

and sometimes the camera is a bit too zoomed in

which means you can't see where you're supposed to go

but other than that it looks great.

It's definitely a nice start and I'm looking forward to seeing how these progress. I'd think about changing that Frog Forest music though, it's way too bland and dull to suit a Sonic game, never mind a fast paced Modern Stage in Generations. However I understand there aren't that many Frog Forest remixes around unfortunately, in which case I'd totally stick to the original.

Aah, I like the remix though so oh well. 

Great work!

Some textures look a bit odd

and sometimes the camera is a bit too zoomed in

which means you can't see where you're supposed to go

but other than that it looks great.

Thanks, yeah, textures will be fixed. Cameras are not done so yeah.

Agreed on all points actually. I didn't really design it to be in a Sonic game, as the song was designed to be something for the Music Album. I let him use it just because of how much he told me he liked it and he asked me a lot. I actually had someone say say the same thing on my YouTube channel actually haha

• 1 month later...

Thanks? Haha.

I also did a White Space for my Frog Forest mod!

Really loving it, dude! Are you going to do an all out Heroes port? If so then that would be awesome!

Really loving it, dude! Are you going to do an all out Heroes port? If so then that would be awesome!

There's this other team doing it, not really fancy but yeah.

I'd honestly do more original stuff (and trust me, I've got plans set) after Frog Forest so no.

Hang Castle, Mystic Mansion would be flat out impossible XD Alongside Final Fortess. Egg Fleet, Sea Gate, Seaside Hill have been taken. Bullet Station and the act 1 of that are just nightmares due to the number of rails. I'm just helping out with Grand Metropolis. All that's left is Lost Jungle and I used that for the hub of Frog Forest. So yeah, that's about it :P

Glad ya like it tho!

Edited by Faseeh

• 1 month later...

c9F7m8V.png

Boom. 

I've started modelling since one day ago, and I'm pretty happy with how this is coming along. With more effort and time, I think this should be ready soon. 

Right, now I need ideas. Here's what is planned.

- An aerochaser sequence. 

- A water slide like in Chemical Plant Modern

Any other setpieces you guys can think of?

I like the notion of the swing bars being used for a section, where you have to swing across several sections of them. Maybe collapsing platforms, but they're getting overused now. I haven't really seen Crisis City's stompy lava platforms used very creatively yet, maybe you could do something with those?

(Also, is it bad I don't know what level it is?)

I like the notion of the swing bars being used for a section, where you have to swing across several sections of them. Maybe collapsing platforms, but they're getting overused now. I haven't really seen Crisis City's stompy lava platforms used very creatively yet, maybe you could do something with those?

(Also, is it bad I don't know what level it is?)

It's Hydrocity. So I'm not too sure how those would work.

I can understand why you can't tell what stage it is though.

It is after all texture less.