Awoo.

2012: Your WORST/Most Disappointing Gaming Experiences

T-Min

The second is where things got insane. I can accept the distopia concept. I can accept guns replacing most of the time the platform/melee gameplay. I can accept racing with a flying skateboard or using cool-looking viechles. BUT, i can't damn accept frustrating missions that basically don't care of your upgrades or your skills and say a giant "Fuck you" forcing to fail those missions over and over and over again.

Oh yeah...I can definitely feel your pain.

Then again, I'm quite a masochist with Jak II, so I kinda got a sick enjoyment out of it despite the difficulty spikes. Guess I'm just completely insane. :lol:

I'm currently stucked, like if i'm in a fucking Limbo. It never happend me while playing a game: usually you die because you don't have enough levels/equipments/skills, so you grind a bit and come back. So ether you die or you succed. But no, Jak II flips the bird to this, forcing to do hardcore style from the beginning and literally don't giving you nothing to help you aside from cheats via Precursor Orbs. And it's not saying it's a difficult game; no, Ghosts 'n Goblins for NES is a difficult game. This abomination is just cruelty made into some thousands of bytes.

Er,,,where are you stuck at in the game? Maybe I can help? Or did you beat it and it was just a pain in the ass in doing so?

Apparently it's something related only to the european PS3 version: the cutscenes in both the first and the third DMC have a terrible audio unsyncronization, wich ruins them completely.

The only one not affected by this is the dam DMC2, for its cutscenes i could'nt care less.

Well, that's just weird. Did Capcom seriously just have the port team pull the PAL versions for the European release but, then speed them up to NTSC yet leave the audio unaltered? That's what it sounds like, and that would be beyond idiotic.

Edited by Kringle Of Awesome

Mass Effect 3.

No surprise there, considering the volumes or rants I've poured into this forum about that game. MA1 ended with me being really excited for the next game. MA2 ended with me being really excited for the next game. MA3 ended with me being struggling to comprehend the sheer degree of failure I'd just witnessed, and never wanting anything more to do with the Mass Effect franchise again.

In hindsight it's actually pretty amazing the way an ending thrown together at the last second that's logically and thematically inconsistent with everything that'd come before can completely destroy an entire series. I honestly would never have believed that ten minutes could turn over a hundred hours of enjoyement so hollow.

The recent announcement that there would be a Mass Effec 4 didn't make me excited, it made me angry. Bioware's idiot lead writer has already painted the franchise into a corner with his fanfiction-level bullshit, and he had the fucking audacity to ask the fans for suggestions on how the story should continue. You made your bed, you fucking hack, now sleep in it!

...other than that 2012 has been pretty swell for me :)

But Grumpy, the Star Child! THE STAR CHILD. But yeah, seriously, the ending of Mass Effect 3 was really freakin' stupid. I didn't let it ruin the first 2 games for me but, it does put a damper on the series when you know it ends like that. Sure, they "fixed" it with some slide show of the effects of your choices made but, the freakin' Star Child is still there, and telling it to go fuck itself results in an end where you fail miserably, no matter how well prepared you are.

I like how the EC allows you to shoot the Star Child and it gives you two sentences that translates to "fuck you" by Bioware. That is such a hilarious insult to injury that I can't wait to see how they're gonna pull themselves out of the mess they made.

And to add to that failure of this game and year would be the massive numbers of articles from game tabloids that were supporting the ending and calling everyone who hated it a bunch of entitled crybabies for feeling hollow at what they got.

• Thumbs Up 1

And what pisses me off as well is the whole 'artistic integrity' excuse thrown around by Bioware and the gaming press as to why they shouldn't change the ending in any significant way. When a large chunk of your fanbase are citing numerous valid reasons why you seriously fucked up, there is no artistic integrity whatsoever in using 'your original artistic vision' as an excuse to not acknowledge that you did indeed fuck up, and not improve your work.

Seriously, the whole 'artistic vision' thing without taking in feedback from others is one of the main reasons why anything George Lucas makes went downhill after the first three Star Wars movies.

Edited by Masaru Daimon
  • Thumbs Up 4

Er,,,where are you stuck at in the game? Maybe I can help? Or did you beat it and it was just a pain in the ass in doing so?

I have to destroy the 4 Hellcat Cruisers: you know, the 4 flying tanks dropped all around the city that take a lot of bullets, can shoot from behind and call a shitload of Crimzon Guards and the turrets to shoot you all over the place. I'm dead the istant i try to touch them.

Well, that's just weird. Did Capcom seriously just have the port team pull the PAL versions for the European release but, then speed them up to NTSC yet leave the audio unaltered? That's what it sounds like, and that would be beyond idiotic.

It's more something related to the SD/HD visualization. On Capcom Unity i and some other users have tried to solve the problem: http://www.capcom-unity.com/devil_may_cry/go/thread/view/7401/29046849/hd-collection-sound-bug&post_num=8#518755059

Edited by Teoskaven

Sonic Adventure 2

I know a lot of fans love this game, but I really can't play this game longer then an hour.
The ONLY part I find fun about this game are the speed stages.
The hunting stages are way too easy or way too hard, and the mech stages are just SO. FUCKING. BORING. to me.

I had high hopes for this game, but there was barely any "HD" in it for me.
Look at Sonic Adventure DX, that game looks completely different then Sonic Adventure.

The only thing that saves this game just by a little for me is the music (which is barely anything else then either electric guitar, jazz that makes me want to get the stage over with before anyone walks into the room and cheesy rap) and the speed levels. And there really aren't a lot of speedlevels compared to the time you'll be stuck shooting.

Pokémon: Black 2

I didn't want to buy Black and White 1 because I couldn't stand the designs of the Gen V Pokémon, but when I heard the other generations of Pokémon would appear in Black and White 2, I decided to give it a shot.

The game wasn't bad, at all, but it just bored the hell out of me. I just stopped at Driftveil and still haven't felt like playing more of it. I tried to, last night, but 3 seconds after booting the game up, I lost the feel for it already. The worst thing a game can do to me is bore me.

Assassins Creed III
Oh my god, how many fetch quests do I have to do?!

The game looked beautiful, but the intro was just WAY too long. I think it was sequence 5 when I first got my hands on the "adult" Connor, and even then, I'm still limited. The hunting was OK for me, but I wish I could find something that isn't a fucking rabbit. Maybe I'm just a shitty hunter.

Edited by Jolly Jin Frost H.K.
  • Thumbs Up 1

I have to destroy the 4 Hellcat Cruisers: you know, the 4 flying tanks dropped all around the city that take a lot of bullets, can shoot from behind and call a shitload of Crimzon Guards and the turrets to shoot you all over the place. I'm dead the istant i try to touch them.

Oh shit...

Uh...yeah. That's-that's a tough one right there. From what I recall, either you're going to have to use one of the larger zoomers, fly underneath the Hellcats and then rise up underneath them in an effort to blow them up (which will blow up your zoomer and damage you in the process), or you're gonna have to kill a lot of Krimson Guards in order to get enough Dark Eco to use the Dark Bomb or Dark Strike on them and try your damnedest to stay alive in the rampage. Aside from those tactics, you're stuck at shooting them with the Morph Gun mods and using up a shitload of ammo.

Bit of a trick I learned years ago: when you trigger an alert, try to break the line of sight of the Guards and then press forward towards a wall somewhere (hopefully secluded) so that Jak presses against the wall. Hopefully that should allow you to "hide" and keep the guards off of you til the alert goes away...but sometimes it doesn't so use with care.

Edited by ChaosSupremeSonic
  • Thumbs Up 1

My biggest disappointment was probably the Zone of the Enders collection.  Now, I never played the original versions when they came out so I thought I'd get the chance to experience them here.  I was really looking forward to trying them because A: The character design and art direction looked fucking awesome, B: I like Kojima Productions, C: Every time I've heard about them, they've been hyped to high heaven.  Unfortunately, the game was unable to live up to that hype.  The first Zone of the Enders was the larger disappointment; it was clearly a very experimental game and while the gameplay feel and combat dynamic was very fast and fluid, its poor objective communication, REALLY short length, cheesy story, repetitiveness and ADA's incredibly redundant dialogue during combat kind of ruined the experience.  The Second Runner fixed some of the core design issues and had a better story but still wasn't enough to redeem the package for me.

I want to say Anarchy Reigns and SEGA's total dickery to what is honestly a fantastic studio, but recently I've heard a rumor that SEGA just did not have the money to print the game discs, which is why we've had to wait. I don't know how to feel about that so I can't say I'd list that as my biggest disappointment. I do have it pre-ordered though.

Assassin's Creed III just failed to hook me. I only paid $38 for it when it came out due to keeping an eye out on deals, and while it had everything that hooked me in previous games, it just felt off. The combat changes threw me off in the first place, nothing I couldn't get used to, but I just wound up not getting hooked to it the way I did with AC II. Or Brotherhood. Or Revelations. Or even the first one.

Other than that I actually had a lot of great gaming experiences last year! 

I have to agree with the people who say 2012 in general. The only game I have bought this year that was released in 2012 was Sonic 4 Episode 2 - and I only got that in December, due to the PSN Sale.

I played a few 2011 games - Rayman Origins and Batman: Arkham City took up a lot of my time this year, and other than that I've been going for even older games. Red Dead Redemption and The Longest Journey were also fun ways to spend my time.

But yeah - still waiting on The Last Guardian, though I've almost given up on that. Ah well, The Cave comes out this month...