Awoo.

Sonic Jump: Help / tips / FAQs

The_Leader

Hello!!

I've signed up and started this thread as this game is driving my bonkers in parts!! I hope we can offer tips and help to each other on this game.

I've been a Sonic fan since the old Master system days of 1991 before upgrading to the mega drive soon after. Since then, I've played pretty much every sonic game that's been released (advance series aside - please sega do an advance collection for the DS!!) and I've never seen a Sonic game such as this!

I think it's great! but I am in no way going to endorse the the scam tactics that sega have used to buy upgrades and am working my through the game on merrit alone!

Alas, i have it hit a few problems at level 25. Namely - clear green hill act 3 in under 25 seconds, clear

clear  and CLEAR A JUNGLE ZONE USING SINGLE STEP!!

The Jungle one is what's causeing me the headaches as i think the "blast off" level 3 upgrade will sort the other 2 out, but how the hell do I do it?

Am pretty certain its Act 9, and i've used Tails and Knuckles to try and complete it. the trouble I have is making the last crumbling lift towards the top aftre the 2nd mushroom.

Any help wopuld be much appreciated!

Stay sonic!!

• Replies 13
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• The_Leader

• Autosaver

• -Mark-

• Sephy

Alas, i have it hit a few problems at level 25. Namely - clear green hill act 3 in under 25 seconds, clear

clear  and CLEAR A JUNGLE ZONE USING SINGLE STEP!!

Green Hill: Exactly, you will need blast off...

Jungle Zone: Try the boss battle level...

Hm....you cant seem to beat a boss on single jump only  as you need to double jump to hit him. Damn that sneaky Robotnik!

I still think Act 9 is the act to do this mission though. Just need to sort out that 1 jump to the wooden lift!!

Also, what do people think in regards to beating time trials? is it better to buy the skip missions at 3,500 each or save up the 7,500 rings needed to fully upgrade "blast off"?

Actually, I think it IS possible to defeat Eggman with a single jump. It is just frustrating and difficult so I just played every act until I found a good one.

Also - you can cheat on those missions by buying a safety net. Basically you can just fall to your death and launch yourself to the goal.

Edit: For the blast off, I think upgrading would be the best. You get an achievement for upgrading the missions too.

Edited by Autosaver

What did you find was the best Jungle Zone stage to clear in a single jump, then? I still need to do that mission myself.

I was stuck on that too but thanks to Seraphinprincess, I did it on the Jungle Zone Boss. It is possible. I used Knuckles if that's any help to you guys.

What did you find was the best Jungle Zone stage to clear in a single jump, then? I still need to do that mission myself.

I honestly don't remember, sorry. This may have been the stage I used the safety nets to launch myself to the goal.

I don't know why people keep suggesting to use the boss battle for single jump missions. It IS possible, yes, but it is NOT easy. In fact its far harder than finding a stage that doesn't require you to use double jump.

I'll do some research and see if I can find a good stage to use as a base. Of course, always use Knuckles for these kinds of things because of his higher jump.

On another note, I've finally got Silver. I do not think he is overall better than Rouge, he's about the same. Silver jumps higher and is faster overall than Rouge, but from what I'm seeing, Silver's hover is shorter than Rouge's. It also seems that both Rouge and Silver can defeat enemies during hover, but only for a short amount of time. Silver's hover is short enough that it doesn't matter, but during the latter half of Rouge's hover she will get hurt by enemies.

Jungle Act 9 is by far the easiest for the single jump....if your can get your head around warping around the screen and using the crubling platforms. Like I said I can get up to about 6 seconds from the finish on it, but that one jump on to the lift after the second mushroom just makes it impossible....safety net it is then!!

Cheers for the help. have 1,300 rings in the bank at the moment.....better start saving for the blast off upgrade then at 7,500!!!

Wow, i completed it and still at level 12.. Cant really be bothered as of yet to get any higher as im sure it will take ages, lol.. Level 30 for silver, pah

OK Safety net worked!! I have 3 more "golden sonic heads" to get in order to reach level 28 - all this WITHOUT buying anything too!! (well apart from the game itself!)

my current missions are all time trials - and are all for 2 golden sonic heads each - boo!!!

1) complete jungle act 2 in under 30 seconds

2) complete jungle act 8 in under 20 seconds

3) complete any jungle act in under 30 seconds

hate these trials. will defo need a level 3 blast off for act 8. better get collecting.....

• 2 weeks later...

Great news - up to level 30 and all without paying for a single upgrade or item!

Defo need the level 3 upgrade for "blast off" with some of those time trials!

For the jungle zone single jump challenege i used act 9 died towards the top by the lift and used "bounce back" to complete it.

Only thing left to do now is unlock the extra charicters - I got Silver after hitting level 30 and find him to be quite slow and poor overall.not really worth playing as, unless you need some alkward red star rings, but by level 30 you wont. Knuckles is by far the best out of the "original 3" for his high jump / speed....making this the first time Knuckles has been a "good" quick character to play since 1994's Sonic and Kunckles!!!

No idea what Amy and Rouge play like yet.

No idea what these "wallpapers" are like either,

I just got Amy. She is kinda slow and feels "heavy" but has a good hover time. She also smacks things with her hammer when you double jump, which is nifty.

One thing I don't understand is why Knuckles has the highest jump, when in the old 2D games he had the lowest reach... unless said experience made him to some intensive jumping training! :D

• 6 months later...