Awoo.

ITV's 30th Anniversary Childrens TV Marathon: Keep ya' Ben 10! I got's Knightmare & Count Duckula!

Badnik Mechanic

So I forgot that this was happening. Tomorrow and Sunday, CiTV is having an huge TV marathon of classic childrens TV shows. And the lineup is incredible.

It starts at around 9:25am and finishes 5:30pm. Thats a lot of TV right there, but when you look at the shows that are going to be on.

Mike & Angelo. The Tomorrow People (90's version), Press Gang, T-Bag, Fraggle Rock. Even Knightmare and Count Duckula are on the listings!

The full listings are as follows.

429126_448602111860284_728128093_n.jpg

I don't usually watch ITV anymore, but oh man that lineup is filling my nostalgia with glee right now. Definately want to watch Knightmare and Count Duckula. I just hope that Knightmare is the first series, that was we get this awesome intro.

So anyone here going to be tuning in?

Edit: Turns out this isn't on ITV, but on the CiTV channel. TV channel listings are as follows.

Sky: 621
Virgin: 734
Freesat: 602
Freeview: 72

• Thumbs Up 6

Woof! was one of my absolute favourite shows when I was a kid, so it's awesome to see it on the line-up. Been wanting to watch it again for years and could never find it anywhere.

Also, woo Finders Keepers! I'd have been a lot more excited about Fun House if I hadn't been watching it on Challenge, but that (and Terror Towers, which is another one of those that doesn't seem to be online... boo!) were always my favourites after that. Really excited about Mike & Angelo too.

• Thumbs Up 1

I have never seen any of those and I've only heard of maybe one or two of them.

I feel so not-old.

Then again, these are all British anyway, so that may have something to do with it.

Edited by The One and Only T-Man
  • Thumbs Up 1

So anyone here going to be tuning in?

Wow, hell yes!

I used to love Knightmare. I remember some of the creepy rooms that the character/player would enter. The room with the massive spider on a web in the ceiling that might get the contestant. That gave me nightmares! I remember when the player went from level 1 to level 2, they would have to walk along a long blue corridor and avoid bottomless pits (level 2 to 3 was a red corridor I think). It was a great show which I will definitely watch.  

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c4ycuBrrd7k

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IjpfPIHujlQ

As for the others, Finders Keepers, Press Gang, Childrens Ward were cool, and of course Woof!, the boy who could turn into a dog. I enjoyed How 2 as well.

Edited by Robin John Blake

What! Where's Zzzap!? That was like, my favourite show on CITV as a Child ^^ I would totally be watching this, if I didn't have such a hectic weekend this week. And, is it bad I only know a handful of these shows, despite nearly being nearly 21? D: Seriously I only watched Wizadora, Art Attack and Jungle Run out of this list! 

• Thumbs Up 2

This sounds nostalgtastic! biggrin.png Shame I'm back in Prague, won't be able to see any of it... ah well, to YouTube for a Knightmare marathon! biggrin.png

Edit - just found a free VPN! Yaay! :D OMG Count Duckula! Yeesssssss! :D (I don't remember it being 20 mins long, woah... I'm surprised it held kids' attention spans!)

Also I think I saw on Facebook somewhere that CiTV have had some problems with the rights to Zzzap! so they couldn't air it... but yeah, Facebook comments aren't exactly a reliable source!

Edited by MamboCat

Oh man I just watched Knightmare for the first time in years. It's just such an awesome show, it's basically Demons Souls/Dark Souls, giant trolls, casting spells, NPC's that don't help as much as they should.

And I loved this bit. The kids find out that Lord Fear is going to send a 40ft troll to Knightmare castle, so they find a queen named Gwen who agrees to help them with her powerful magic. And we get this wonderful bit of dialogue.

Gwen: If you should ever need my help, call my name three times. My name is Gwen. Pray tell, what is your name.

Kid: Barry. 

Fraggle Rock is on now... LOOK SSMB! I CAUGHT A FRAGGLE! *waves a fraggle in your face*

Edit: On the episode of Fun House, you could win a Sega Megadrive if you went down the Wild Wacky Slide!

• Thumbs Up 1

I just had a thought... The Tomorrow People was a ridiculously long series, that IIRC changed characters a few times. How on earth are they going to pick an episode that will reflect the whole series?! tongue.png The last one I remember was about a kind of pod people... who didn't like sunlight too much. Oh, and Christopher Lee being in it. Christopher F***ing Lee!

I also remember that it scared the crap out of me!

Edited by MamboCat

I just don't think they're going to care. Knightmare was clearly a 2 parter as it finished with Barry attempting to navigate some dangerous ledge. They might show the second half tomorrow, but with Tomorrow People, even the 90's version was a series long plot so theres no way they can show a full episode.

The Worst Witch is on now. It's not something I'm interested in, though JK Rowling so blatently ripped this off it's unbelivable!

• Thumbs Up 1

Watched some of this while visiting my family this afternoon. The shows are all as good as I remember them. Watched The Sooty Show, Art Attack, The Big Bang, Fun House, Finders Keepers, Knightmare, and Fraggle Rock. Was great to revisit my childhood. 

can't believe i missed wizadora, i'll be taping stuff tomorrow though, thanks for the heads up

• Thumbs Up 1

So Rosie & Jim was one of the shows on and I have a theory about it.

Rosie & Jim is a show about two puppets that come to life when nobody is looking. Typically in classic narrative, that means they're evil or upto no good. Either way somebody is gonna die. Now... whilst you never saw any of that in the show... the boat that they lived on, every now and again, the Pilot would mysteriously vanish and be replaced by someone totally different with no explanation. There was never any scene showing what happened to them. They just randomly vanished one day and were replaced. Only it happened so often I can't help but think that there was sinister behaviour afoot.

Think about it. Rosie & Jim would always pull pranks and get upto no good when they came to life... and those canals, so easy to dispose of the body. Why else do you think Duck always panicked when a human came close by... He was the bloody lookout!

Only had time to watch Finders Keepers recorded tonight but ahhh that was nice.  Though I don't understand why they didn't pick an episode where the contestants won the final game gosh.  8U

I also saw just a little bit of Count Duckula while making dinner.  I was never a huge fan but they must have had like the tiniest budget for that show lol.  Every time I walked in it was just characters standing around talking or constant exterior shots of the castle and zoom outs to reveal things rather than an actual "camera" shot change etc.  Almost made me laugh after a while.

Finders Keepers? Oh man, me and my brother used to watch that show all the time when we were little! I'm so jealous that I'm unable to watch that over there!

Just saw an episode of The Tomorrow People.

I used to love this show when it was originally on, always wanted to teleport myself... lol what kid wouldn't want to be able to do that. It's strange how despite the fact the show hasn't aged well I still wanna watch the whole series and find out what happens.

It's just a shame that with these episodes which end on a cliffhanger, theres no way (other than dodgy youtube recordings) to actually see the rest of the series.

• Thumbs Up 1

Finders Keepers? Oh man, me and my brother used to watch that show all the time when we were little! I'm so jealous that I'm unable to watch that over there!

For what it's worth I doubt you saw the same one.  Ours was most certainly made in the UK, and I noticed the credits said "Based off "Finders Keepers" by <american network I'm sure I recognised here>.

Y'know, I was born in '97, yet I think the stuff you had back then (comics, cartoons, games etc.) is more interesting and fascinating than what we have now.

• Thumbs Up 1

I don't have television so I saw precisely squat of it all.

Then again, I only remember like half the roster at most. 

Rainbow was just on its a shame they didn't show this particular episode, its a classic! wink.png 

Am I the only person who gets genuinely annoyed when people say this is a real episode of Rainbow? It was made as a joke and shown at the itv christmas party, it was never shown as part of the actual show.

It's like the captain pugwash innuendos.....

These things bother me more than they should.....

• Thumbs Up 1

Nope, it bugs me too.

However there was a creepy as hell pilot episode where Bungle is missing half of his face. *shudders*

Am I the only person who gets genuinely annoyed when people say this is a real episode of Rainbow? It was made as a joke and shown at the itv christmas party, it was never shown as part of the actual show.

It's like the captain pugwash innuendos.....

These things bother me more than they should.....

Sorry you missed my joke, the wink was a hint. Classic = Sarcasm. wink.png

I know its a fake. It was done for a laugh from the Thames ITV Network Christmas Tape.smile.png

EDIT: Am I the only who wishes the Captain Pugwash innuendos were real? happy.png

Edited by BW199148