Awoo.

Dad hires virtual assassins to murder his Son in online games... ... ...It was not a lie.

Badnik Mechanic

So a guy in China who is named Mr Feng is reported to have been so sick of his 23 year old unemployed son playing games online, that he has hired other gamers to effectively become hitmen and hunt him down on every online game he plays.

shocked_cat.jpg

I don't have a photo of the Dad or Son, but I imagine this was a similar reaction.

Aparently, the son discovered that certain gamers were following him into every multiplayer game he played and were deliberately targetting him. When he confronted the other gamers about it, they told him that his dad had paid them to find his son and kill off his avatar so he'd quit online gaming.

Do you understand this... The dad hired hit men to kill his son... so he would change his ways.

Erm... I'm not sure this plan is going to work do you? Certainly not going to do much for happy families.

Source: BBC.

...I do believe that is one of the more creative ways to grab an addict's attention.

I mean, really, in a world where people commit actual murder, this is a rather humorous change in pace!

• Thumbs Up 6

Dad: I used to be an online hitman like you... but then I took an arrow to the knee.

Not to derail the topic, but I feel it's my duty to point out that everyone is using this meme wrong. It's arrow in the knee. Not arrow to the knee!

Not to derail the topic, but I feel it's my duty to point out that everyone is using this meme wrong. It's arrow in the knee. Not arrow to the knee!

Not necessarily.

Arrow to the knee is a snowclone of the original phrase. People are not using the meme wrong. Then again, when you're using an http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mSDfxde8fSgyou're already doing it wrong.

Edited by Autosaver
  • Thumbs Up 1

Wow people actually do this, sign me up I wanna be a video game hitman if it means ill get to hang out with some other guys.

I know this sounds silly but... Wouldn't the father get arrested?

Not for murder, duh, but rather for harassment.

lol

Why would you report your father?

Had to read it to believe it....

I couldn't help but laugh like everyone else did.

Normally I'd be shocked, surprised, or disgusted when hearing a story like this. But I'll be damned if this didn't just make my night. I'll be laughing in my sleep at this rate.

I know this sounds silly but... Wouldn't the father get arrested?

Not for murder, duh, but rather for harassment.

I would hope anti-harassment laws haven't started applying to basic parenting, no matter how creative.

Edited by Tornado

Holy crap, for a second I thought the story was gonna turn out that he accidentally hired REAL hitmen.

I would hope anti-harassment laws haven't started applying to basic parenting, no matter how creative.

I bet the lawmakers are laughing their ass off inspite of that. lol

Those guys Hitmen? Everyone knows there is only one Hitman in Video Games.smile.png

agent-47-2.jpg

Damn Straight!tongue.png

Seriously. As amusing this is has it actually worked? huh.png  

In China, it's probably seen as a challenge compared to anything else. A very "GAME ON" thing.

If the kid was actually addicted to games. For all we know his dad might just have a stick up his arse.

Edited by Gerku(Snow)man

So how many games does this unemployed Chinese dude play online? How hard or how easy was it to track him down and get him cornered?

I'd imagine that if I was in his situation then getting me would be a real challenge because:

1.) there are only 2 very specific ancient games which I ever play online with a very small community

2.) I only play them on specific times of the week, on specific hours of the day, at specific servers of trusted people.

3.) My dad never remembers their exact titles and how to distinguish them from all the other online games.

Numerous times trolls have tried to bait me to play CoD with them. And failed with tremendous facepalms.

Edited by 188DarkRevived