Awoo.

Pokemon X & Y (October 2013 on 3DS) - [Now out! Go out and play it already]

Pelly <3's U

Fennekin has giant ears with fluff in them. Maybe it uses them like Buneary.

Edited by 743 ED Missile

Move is called Glow Punch folks from what people have translated.

Come to think of it, couldn't Zorua learn Sucker Punch?

Edited by Dantemustdie00

Sucker Punch is an English translation. The move is called Surprise Attack in Japan - Sucker Punch means the same basic thing, just a bit more flavorful.

Fennekin using Glow Punch reminds me of how Gastly can learn Ice Punch via breeding, and, on the opposite spectrum in terms of evolution, how Togekiss can use Drain Punch. But the stigma of Fire/Fighting starters has me looking at this with an apparent >:|. Maybe it's an intentional bait and switch to keep people guessing.

Edited by Tyranno Hassleberry

It was a rumor by a guy who's been right about a lot of reveals so far, so people are assuming them as true.

http://youtu.be/sXJJ1pC1jiU

From the Japanese eShop Trailer

At 0:41 in the video (or the thumbnail of the video), you're battling underwater...so Dive is an HM move again I guess. 

Edited by KrazyBean

Goddamnit. If Fennekin ends up being Fire/Fighting, someone is going to die.

Judging from the fact the the move is called glow punch, I'm betting on Fennekin evolving into Fire/Fairy.

Judging from the fact the the move is called glow punch, I'm betting on Fennekin evolving into Fire/Fairy.

But how will it punch?

DUN DUUNNNNN

Okay so in the video I noticed that during the small clip with Newtwo with it breaking out of some kind of barrier, I noticed that above its head, the weird Rainbow DNA thing from the game's Japanese logo appears over its head. It seemed like it was some kind of move, and since it looks like it's taking place in the Player vs Player battle arena, I doubt that it could be some kind of item. Maybe it's like relic song and allows Mewtwo to transform using it, which would explain the cacoon bit.

I wonder if this means that Newtwo will have a big part in the story because of this.

Some Pokémon without hands can learn punch moves, like Shroomish,Wooper and Togekiss.

HGkvnQy.png

Pokémon sure are mysterious creatures.

Edited by Tmsp
  • Thumbs Up 3

Wait, Wooper and Shroomish could learn punching moves?

*Checks Bulbapedia*

Huh, I guess they can learn it.....huh, Pokemon are indeed weird.

I guess Wooper could use it's tail for Ice Punch, same goes for Fennekin using Glow Punch I guess, but how the heck is Shroomish supposed to do Drain Punch, that's kinda questionable.

Anyway, punch moves doesn't always translate to OMG Fighting type, we don't even know what type Glow Punch is yet, or what may be it's possible english name which may make a little more sense. It MAY mean that Fennekin's evo may stand on 2 legs like Typlosion, or it may function like Samurott that it only stands up somewhat on certain moves.

Edited by Dantemustdie00

You know oddly enough Arceus is said to had created Sinnoh with its 1000 arms.

And yet it can't learn any punching moves while Wooper and Oddish can.

"How do you do the things you do?" indeed

but how the heck is Shroomish supposed to do Drain Punch, that's kinda questionable.

There is an arm inside Shroomish's head, curled up and ready to strike, and it comes out like a worm from a hole. It grows another one once it evolves into Breloom biggrin.png.

Edited by 743 ED Missile

Their are so many mysteries surrounding Diglett/Dugtrio, I'm not even gonna bother with trying to come up with explainations or even listen to peoples explanations on them.

Not unless Gamefreak comes clean, but I know that ain't happening. I'm curious if Ken Suigimori has concpet art for Diglette/Dugtrio anywhere, cause I'd love to see early concept art of them.

From Serebii

It has been announced that the games Pokémon X & Y will both be distributed via a special download card in various retail stores across Japan in addition to the standard release as both cartridges and directly on the eShop. This follows on from various previous games on the Nintendo 3DS and Wii U. However, these download cards have confirmed how much space is required on the SD card in order to play it. You need to have at least 1.7GB, approximately 14,000 blocks, of space on your SD card to download the game. It's also confirmed that you'll be unable to have two games communicate on the same system should both be downloaded

Wow, around 14000 Blocks of space. To compare, Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate used 14,300 blocks, while DKCR3D used over 17,000. That's quite a bit of content.

I don't get why Nintendo is still shipping 2GB cards with the regular 3DS. The XL has 4GB.

I already bought a 32GB card anyways.

But I wouldn't buy it through their eshop unless there was no other way like AA5.

But I'm surprised they managed to make it such a small file size. I'd have thought it'd be at least 4GB considering how many character models there are.

Edited by Solkia

Wait, does that mean you can communicate between the game you have as a cartridge and the game that you have downloaded on the same 3DS?

You lot came here for the CoroCoro leaks, didn't you.

Here they are, although not 100% confirmed.

corocoro8131.jpg

corocoro8132.jpg

corocoro8133.jpg

corocoro8134.jpg

Edit: Serebii's text;

"-First off are various "Mega" forms of various Pokémon, specifically MegaBlaziken, MegaAbsol, MegaMawile, MegaMewtwo, MegaLucario and MegaAmpharos. They're all called "Mega". MegaMawile is Steel/Fairy-type, as is normal Mawile now. MegaMawile has the ability Huge Power. MegaBlaziken has Speed Boost. MegaLucario has Adaptability. MegaAbsol has the ability Magic Bounce
-They "evolve" through a process called "Mega Evolution"
-Pre-evolution of Gogoat is called Meekuru. It is 0.9m and 31.0kg
-We have an Electric Fairy called Dedenne. It is 0.2m and 2.2kg. It is the Antenna Pokémon and has the abilities Pick Up or Cheek Pouches
-The Rabbit is a Normal-type called Horubii. It is 0.4m and 5.0kg. It is the Digging Pokémon and has the abilities Pick Up or Cheek Pouches

-The Super Training facility is also showcased

-A new character is shown called Koruni. She is a Gym Leader and holds the key to understanding Mega Evolutions"

Edited by VEDJ-F
  • Thumbs Up 4

Looks like we got our Pikachu for Gen 6.

Also, those alternate forms are cool, I guess. Really intrigued how those will happen and why those certain Pokémon since Absol and Mawile are good choices for this kind of thing.