Awoo.

Pokemon X & Y (October 2013 on 3DS) - [Now out! Go out and play it already]

Pelly <3's U

Wow; I didn't see that coming. I'm enjoying Mawile's Mega-whatsit. It's more like the futakuchi-onna than ever.

Blaziken's cool too, but the others (besides Mewtwo) aren't really doing it for me.

Edited by Pawn

tHIS AIN'T FAKE BUT I LIKE THIS LIKE FWHIHOIQXJUOFGKWAOJSEKOPJIEM ILOVE THIS

Seriously though, it ain't so much of a case as MegaEvolution, but more like MegaJustreplacedtheControversialHiddenAbilitiesInTheDreamWorldNoOneLiked.

I swear MegaBlaziken looks like Heihachi's and Heart Aino's love child if they can somehow produce chicken offspring.

But ehhhhhh.... I really do like the mega forms. They are boosts to pokemon who need them, namely Absol and Mawile. But the naming is stupid though.

And the new pokemon, especially the rabbit looks generic. I really don't like that rabbit.

• Thumbs Up 1

I've never been so conflicted if want or not in my life.

Edited by Rusty Spy
  • Thumbs Up 1

You lot came here for the CoroCoro leaks, didn't you.  

Here they are, although not 100% confirmed.  

corocoro8131.jpg   corocoro8132.jpg   corocoro8133.jpg   corocoro8134.jpg     Edit: Serebii's text;   "-First off are various "Mega" forms of various Pokémon, specifically MegaBlaziken, MegaAbsol, MegaMawile, MegaMewtwo, MegaLucario and MegaAmpharos. They're all called "Mega". MegaMawile is Steel/Fairy-type, as is normal Mawile now. MegaMawile has the ability Huge Power. MegaBlaziken has Speed Boost. MegaLucario has Adaptability. MegaAbsol has the ability Magic Bounce -They "evolve" through a process called "Mega Evolution" -Pre-evolution of Gogoat is called Meekuru. It is 0.9m and 31.0kg -We have an Electric Fairy called Dedenne. It is 0.2m and 2.2kg. It is the Antenna Pokémon and has the abilities Pick Up or Cheek Pouches -The Rabbit is a Normal-type called Horubii. It is 0.4m and 5.0kg. It is the Digging Pokémon and has the abilities Pick Up or Cheek Pouches -The Super Training facility is also showcased"

... This is the part where Ashton Kutcher jumps out from behind the sofa and informs me that I've been punk'd, right? Right?!
  • Thumbs Up 1

They all look fucking rad except Absol, it went full fag.

Don't be hatin on Absol's new form cuz he's Absol-utely FABULOUS

Okay I'll stop

• Thumbs Up 3

Edit: Serebii's text;

"-First off are various "Mega" forms of various Pokémon, specifically MegaBlaziken, MegaAbsol, MegaMawile, MegaMewtwo, MegaLucario and MegaAmpharos. They're all called "Mega". MegaMawile is Steel/Fairy-type, as is normal Mawile now. MegaMawile has the ability Huge Power. MegaBlaziken has Speed Boost. MegaLucario has Adaptability. MegaAbsol has the ability Magic Bounce

-They "evolve" through a process called "Mega Evolution"

-Pre-evolution of Gogoat is called Meekuru. It is 0.9m and 31.0kg

-We have an Electric Fairy called Dedenne. It is 0.2m and 2.2kg. It is the Antenna Pokémon and has the abilities Pick Up or Cheek Pouches

-The Rabbit is a Normal-type called Horubii. It is 0.4m and 5.0kg. It is the Digging Pokémon and has the abilities Pick Up or Cheek Pouches

-The Super Training facility is also showcased"

JonTron_zps33dd1e44.gif

Not sure how to react to this.  I mean, what even is this?

• Thumbs Up 1

I like how they included those 3 new Pokemon in there. They are horrible and no one cares about them. It looks like they did it on purpose.

Just gimme a Mega evolved Charizard that isn't as sucky against Stealth Rock and I will be happy.

Dragon/Fire MegaCharizard. Believe.

Only weak against MegaStealth Rock.

Also, a blonde skater Gym leader was also leaked.

Did Lucario or Blaziken REALLY needed a Mega form? Their pretty damn powerful as it already is. 

Mawile however, Mawile did needed a boost.

I really don't know what to say about Ampharos, kinda funny.

Also, a blonde skater Gym leader was also leaked.

Yeah, I only just noticed her, lol.

corocoro8135.jpg

She looks pretty cool. I like the helmet.

Edited by Pawn
  • Thumbs Up 1

corocoro8131.jpg

corocoro8132.jpg

corocoro8133.jpg

corocoro8134.jpg

Edit: Serebii's text;

"-First off are various "Mega" forms of various Pokémon, specifically MegaBlaziken, MegaAbsol, MegaMawile, MegaMewtwo, MegaLucario and MegaAmpharos. They're all called "Mega". MegaMawile is Steel/Fairy-type, as is normal Mawile now. MegaMawile has the ability Huge Power. MegaBlaziken has Speed Boost. MegaLucario has Adaptability. MegaAbsol has the ability Magic Bounce

-They "evolve" through a process called "Mega Evolution"

-Pre-evolution of Gogoat is called Meekuru. It is 0.9m and 31.0kg

-We have an Electric Fairy called Dedenne. It is 0.2m and 2.2kg. It is the Antenna Pokémon and has the abilities Pick Up or Cheek Pouches

-The Rabbit is a Normal-type called Horubii. It is 0.4m and 5.0kg. It is the Digging Pokémon and has the abilities Pick Up or Cheek Pouches

-The Super Training facility is also showcased

-A new character is shown called Koruni. She is a Gym Leader and holds the key to understanding Mega Evolutions"

uh........ wow this is all that popped in my mind when I saw this..........

Edited by AceZX
  • Thumbs Up 6

Aparently the new Gym leader holds the key to understanding MegaEvolutions.

Also, the first X/Y giveaway event will be a Torchic holding Blaziken Knight, a Mega Stone item that makes him evolve into MegaBlaziken.

People on Serebii are claiming this is a Digimon knockoff. This bothers me because...

- There is no "Mega" level in Digimon in Japan. It is called Ultimate (with the US equivalent of Ultimate being Perfect).

- We'll probably get a new name-- probably Awakened, if the leaks/rumors are any indication.

And even if they are called Mega forms in the US, I don't see the big deal? It's just a way to emphasize that these are new and more powerful evos.

Yeah, I only just noticed her, lol.

corocoro8135.jpg

She looks pretty cool. I like the helmet.

What type is she, still hoping for a Dark Type Gym leader.

I've been feeling like my interest in this franchise is waning (what with me having B2 for over 3/4 of a year and not even past two badges as well as M16 being the ultimate embodiment of "how do you screw something like this up").

I feel like this has killed it, because now it's like the series is treading into Final Fantasy/Dragon Ball Z territory. I mean, was the world really asking for Mega evolutions? Hell, that sounds like something a 13 year old would say his super-awesome-Fakemon could do.

And I don't like how the new Mewtwo forme is said to be this 'mega evolution'. I feel legendaries don't need to evolve. Not to mention why does he look weaker than the old forme.

The designs don't strike me as very appealing either - they come across as too elaborate for my tastes. The whole thing just strikes me as a dumb concept.

But it does give me the idea that Game Freak are wising up to the fact that they can't keep adding more Pokémon and expect everyone to catch all of them, so they go and alter old ones.

Edited by Spin Attaxx

I feel like this has killed it, because now it's like the series is treading into Final Fantasy/Dragon Ball Z territory.

Pokémon by way of Final Fantasy? Hell no. Pokémon developing to have the same magnitude as that of the Xeno franchise, YES.

• Thumbs Up 1

Well consider me surprised, I like some of the designs, but I really wish they didnt go for this, I mean. I can understand Mawile, but why go for Blaziken? why alter starters, or legendaries? I knda wish they did this only to a few ones, but not legendaries / starters. 

Mouse looks too much like pikachu to me, but I guess its okay. The rabbit is okay-ish. I like Gogoats pre-evo though ^^

Mouse looks too much like pikachu to me, but I guess its okay.

Looks like a hamster to me, actually.

Well, this is, well, interesting. Wasn't expecting them to go this route, that's for certain. And they've made Absol an alicorn (sorta), it seems, haha.

Edited by Shirou Emiya

Not impressed with the mega forms. Not really sure why they feel the need to break Blaziken even more.

• Thumbs Up 2

I'm not sure if I like this or not. Half of them look really silly (Ampharos, Lucario) while some look awesome (Absol, Blaziken). I also feel like some of these will be so gamebreaking, and it's like they're getting forth evolutions. MegaMawile with Huge Power is gonna hurt like a bitch as even Mawile has like 85 attack already, at least Azumarill and Medicham have like 50/60 respectively. And Adaptability Lucario? Holy shit Close Combats and even Vacuum Waves are going to be so potent.

I assume they're not actual evolutions but more alternate forms though, mind you, especially when you look at Blaziken and Ampharos, they'll probably have different stat totals but I'm really hoping they're not all "super awesome stats" compared to their normal forms, otherwise what's the point of the normal forms now? I also feel to some extent that some of them are trying too hard to be cool, which is why I like Absol's the most so far, it looks more elegant and lithe compared to the rest. Absol already had a pretty edgy design so something more elegant works perfectly. And the fact it's a naturally heroic Pokemon makes this seem better still.

The new Pokemon are very bland and don't do anything for me.

Edited by Semi-colon e

I've been trying to avoid spoilers but I glimpsed the mega evolutions (Lucario and Ampharos in particular) as I scrolled through /v/ and just had to see if such bad designs could actually be real..... so imagine my disappointment.

really don't like them. Mawile and Absol get evolutions, great, fantastic. But did they have to be ~*~mega~*~ evolutions? Do we really need fourth evolutions for Torchic and Mareep? Do Blaziken and Lucario really need to be stronger? Do we really need Mewtwo to evolve? Why couldn't it be a forme? The whole concept is so inherently pointless and comes off to me as desperately trying to shake things up and doing it poorly.

They also all look like they were designed by 10 year olds. Which isn't always bad because Blaziken and Mawile look damn awesome, but Lucario is a glaring example of putting stripes and spikes where they don't need to be to look "cool," Absol looks like an over-designed remake of itself, and Ampharos, well..........

• Thumbs Up 6