Awoo.

Pokemon X & Y (October 2013 on 3DS) - [Now out! Go out and play it already]

Pelly <3's U

Are Ampharos and Mawile actually that popular? I know they're no Dunsparces, but I wasn't aware they were anywhere near the same league as Lucario or Absol.

I've heard people crying for a Mawile evo, you got me with Ampharos though.

This is really bad. All these new megalutions are horribly overdesigned. Do we really need this? I just wanted a real-time battle system and they gave us this...   ...   ...yeah
You say that as though a real time battle system wouldn't completely change how the entire game was played. You change the battle system into a real time one and you fuck with various mechanics of the game. It's a much MUCH more extreme change than Mega Evolutions.

Mega Ampharos looks awesome. I've always thought Ampharos was really cool.

I like the three new Pokemon, too. The rabbit is charming and the mouse looks like a baby Raichu-

You say that as though a real time battle system wouldn't completely change how the entire game was played. You change the battle system into a real time one and you fuck with various mechanics of the game. It's a much MUCH more extreme change than Mega Evolutions.

Apologies, must have worded myself wrong. :/ It is a huge change though and I would've at least liked to see something like a contest hall where a real-time style of gameplay would be available.

Diggin' mega-stuff though it'd make more sense for some pokemon to get normal evolutions first. Mega-Blaziken is rad. Not sure about Lukario.. I liked him the way he was.

Shoot can you imagine a Mega Hydreigon?

That's why I'm praying for backwards compatibility). My EV-trained Hydreigon with 3 perfect IVs is waiting. Altough he's at level 100 so I'm not sure if it'll be even possible to make him mega-hydreigon (if such a thing even exists)

I think Charizard should definitely get a mega-form since he's basically a dragon but his type is not which is total bullshit.

Edited by ArtFenix

Been avoiding this topic so much because I didn't want to spoil myself anymore but there was no way I could miss this.

I just don't know what to make of this, like, this is too much of a change for me to have an opinion on it until I actually play it for myself. It'll either totally put me off or I'll end up loving it.

It's too soon.

• Thumbs Up 1

I think Charizard should definitely get a mega-form since he's basically a dragon but his type is not which is total bullshit.

It's because he is a starter Pokemon, which kinda have to be balanced. If Charmander evloved into a Dragon type, there would be literraly no reason to pick Squirtle of Bublasaur.

It's because he is a starter Pokemon, which kinda have to be balanced. If Charmander evloved into a Dragon type, there would be literraly no reason to pick Squirtle of Bublasaur.

Well there are no rules or restrictions anymore. Mega Ampharos is a dragon and evolves from a sheep. xD

Is it just me or Mega Lucario's black/red things look like Giratina's parts?

Edited by ArtFenix

You lot came here for the CoroCoro leaks, didn't you.

Here they are, although not 100% confirmed.

corocoro8131.jpg

corocoro8132.jpg

corocoro8133.jpg

corocoro8134.jpg

Edit: Serebii's text;

"-First off are various "Mega" forms of various Pokémon, specifically MegaBlaziken, MegaAbsol, MegaMawile, MegaMewtwo, MegaLucario and MegaAmpharos. They're all called "Mega". MegaMawile is Steel/Fairy-type, as is normal Mawile now. MegaMawile has the ability Huge Power. MegaBlaziken has Speed Boost. MegaLucario has Adaptability. MegaAbsol has the ability Magic Bounce

-They "evolve" through a process called "Mega Evolution"

-Pre-evolution of Gogoat is called Meekuru. It is 0.9m and 31.0kg

-We have an Electric Fairy called Dedenne. It is 0.2m and 2.2kg. It is the Antenna Pokémon and has the abilities Pick Up or Cheek Pouches

-The Rabbit is a Normal-type called Horubii. It is 0.4m and 5.0kg. It is the Digging Pokémon and has the abilities Pick Up or Cheek Pouches

-The Super Training facility is also showcased

-A new character is shown called Koruni. She is a Gym Leader and holds the key to understanding Mega Evolutions"

Several things I personally want to note 

1. A lot of people totally called that Gogoat pre-evolution quite a while back.

2. I wish that MegaLucario had a bandanna

I swear MegaBlaziken looks like Heihachi's and Heart Aino's love child if they can somehow produce chicken offspring.

4. I did the wise thing in attempting to get a near perfect Ampharos not too long ago.

5. Mawile most DEFINITELY needed a power up

6. MegaAmpharos is fabulous

>MegaCharizard comes out

>Utter badass

>Fire Dragon

>Stats maxed out

>Sneaky Pebbles is programmed to still affect him exclusively

>Many laughs are had

Edited by Captain Harlock
  • Thumbs Up 1

At this point I want a Mega Charizard resistant to rocks. Bring it.

Hahaha. Next month they will reveal another scoop of the century: Mega Moves.

Introducing MegaStealth Rock:

v8r8d4A.png

"The user lays a trap of levitating stones covered in fairy dust around the opponent's team. The trap hurts opponents that switch into battle."

Not even Dragon-Type will save you, Charizard.

Edited by Tmsp
  • Thumbs Up 3

Or for Yanmega.

So we can have Mega...Yan...Mega?

Anyway, I suddenly don't hate this Mega concept as much anymore now that it's just battle powerups. Ampharos's one is so goofy it loops round to being funny, and I still really dig Absol's new form even if everyone else doesn't. I just really hope it isn't just the most popular ones as I said like 3 times already. I wonder what other ones we'll see and if some of the other ones will change the typings now that we know Amphy's DOES.

Like Fire/Fighting Charizard, for example! That would be the best bit of trolling Gamefreak would ever do.

Edited by Semi-colon e

We need a Mega Farfetch'd. God knows he needs the boost. Although I suppose that would be rather...Ridik'lus wouldn't you say :3?

• Thumbs Up 1