Awoo.

Pokemon X & Y (October 2013 on 3DS) - [Now out! Go out and play it already]

Pelly <3's U

Speaking of Pokemon that ought to be Dragon-type; I would love to see a Mega Gyarados. I'd actually feel inclined to train one if they busted that out.

I suddenly don't hate this Mega concept as much anymore now that it's just battle powerups.

Who said that? O_o

Who said that? O_o

Well, I meant "probably/possibly." Pokejungle (notably their twitter) said that they were more akin to battle powerups than actual evolutions to these Pokemon or alternate formes. It may not be 100% true or even true at all but currently it's all that there is to go on.

Edited by Semi-colon e

Well, I meant "probably." Pokejungle (notably their twitter) said that they were more akin to battle powerups than actual evolutions to these Pokemon or alternate formes.

They copy-pasted that from someone that was posting fake translations on /vp/. Hahaha, they even left the typo.

Well, I meant "probably." Pokejungle (notably their twitter) said that they were more akin to battle powerups than actual evolutions to these Pokemon or alternate formes.

Type change during battle? I find this highly unlikely. It's confusing to say the least. And it IS called an evolution after all.

Edited by ArtFenix

They copy-pasted that from someone that was posting fake translations on /vp/. Hahaha, they even left the typo.

Oh, lame. Lame. Lame.

Also we've had Pokemon that change types during battle, Meloetta is a thing.

I was just thinking, how much would people rage if Garchomp and Slaking got mega forms?

castform.....meloetta form changes

...which were both lame. I'd rather have an alternate form than a form-change during battle.

BTW Megaregigigas. Oh my God...That'd be scary.

Edited by ArtFenix

I was just thinking, how much would people rage if Garchomp and Slaking got mega forms?

Huge Power MegaSlaking.

The Kekking wouldn't stop.

Edited by Tmsp
  • Thumbs Up 1

I was actually thinking earlier that some kind of MegaVigoroth might be an interesting alternative to Slaking, since they're so different.

Just think how annoying it'll be when they have Mega Evolution Pokemon in the anime. As if saying their own names over and over again wasn't bad enough, they'll constantly be prefacing it with the word "mega" too, likely to the extent that it will lose all sense of meaning.

• Thumbs Up 2

Well to be honest I wasnt liking this too much, seemed like a fanboys dream of making a "digivolution" XD but when I think of these as "power mode", or like some sort of power up, I feel better about it all. The designs are still cool for me :3 but yeah, hopefully Farfetched gets a Mega mode. I really hope theyll be called "Awakened" or something. Mega seems so "meh"

Oh shit, is this the reason why Ash's Charizard came back for the N and Decolora Arc? Despite doing little of anything? MegaCharizard for Gen 6?

Bring it the fuck on. Even have Charizard and Pikachu be the first Pokemon in the anime world to break into these new Megolutions. They have precedent for doing so by way of being the first Pokemon shown to beat Legendaries 1v1, it would give Ash some major recognition by the populace for being the trainer that broke this new ground for Pokemon, omg do it anime vbsjdvnsldf

I'm absolutely digging these "Megolutions" btw. Even Absol, especially Absol.

Edited by Joshua
  • Thumbs Up 3

I'm still not sure what to think of these new Mega evos. M!Blaziken and M!Mawhile look badass, M!Absol and M!Ampharos look pretty cool but M!Lucario looks hideous. >.O It's reminding me a lot of Digimon...you know, more powerful forms that only last for one battle before they revert back to normal? Hmm.

But if there are more of these (for ALL Pokemon even) it will be interesting to see their designs! Gimme a M!Charizard and M!Samurott pls.

Just think how annoying it'll be when they have Mega Evolution Pokemon in the anime. As if saying their own names over and over again wasn't bad enough, they'll constantly be prefacing it with the word "mega" too, likely to the extent that it will lose all sense of meaning.

They'll be treated like Burst Evolution in Digimon Savers. Ash will get mad as fuck and Charizard's hot blood will make him give a roar of passion as he goes berserk

• Thumbs Up 1

I'm absolutely digging these "Megolutions" btw. Even Absol, especially Absol.

Yeah, Absol is by far my favourite Mega form. It's so pretty!

And the fan art has begun too. Spoilered for massive size.

absol_mega_form_by_jiayi-d6h7rdd.png

• Thumbs Up 1

MegaAbsol is my least favorite of the Mega evolutions (excluding fucking Mewtwo). He looks way too fabulous to be related to disasters.

• Thumbs Up 1

Not sure how I feel about Pokemon "Digivolving" into stronger forms. Oh well, who knows, maybe it'll bring something interesting to the table this time around.

Some of them look pretty cool, like Blaziken and Mawile, but others aren't really clicking with me... Absol and Mewtwo in particular.

Also, off the topic of Mega forms, I love this generation's "Pikachu." It's so pudgy and cute, it really reminds me of Pikachu's G1 design.