Awoo.

Pokemon X & Y (October 2013 on 3DS) - [Now out! Go out and play it already]

Pelly <3's U

Although I have a question, by Nintendo network do they just mean wi-fi like past gens have done?

I believe so yes, as far as Pokemon/Wi-Fi goes.

Lucario (region willing) is in the regional Pokedex, I'm so adding that mofo to my team.

And MegaAmpharoswhatdon'tlookatmeilikeAmpharos

Don't know if this was already posted but.....

Edited by Eternal Xtreme
  • Thumbs Up 2

So since Torchic will be available in Day 1, this further solidifies my choice of Froakie being my starter...also hooray you can track your EVs. I can actually be bothered to EV train now.

I'm not gonna lie while the idea of "Megavolutions" is odd to me I can appreciate a change in mechanics for this series and I'm going to sound like an idiot but what EXACTLY is EV, my friend , who pretty much breaths eats and sleeps pokemon lol, has told me but I don't really understand the concept of it. (This is also coming from someone who's last pokemon game before Black 2 and white 2 was Emerald)

Also whats all this talk of day 1 torchic?

This also works, but I'd want a team of Charizards

LN4JHjX.jpg

They are giving away a Torchic with Blazikenite since it is impossible to find that item in-game.

Edited by Tmsp
  • Thumbs Up 1

I'm not gonna lie while the idea of "Megavolutions" is odd to me I can appreciate a change in mechanics for this series and I'm going to sound like an idiot but what EXACTLY is EV, my friend , who pretty much breaths eats and sleeps pokemon lol, has told me but I don't really understand the concept of it. (This is also coming from someone who's last pokemon game before Black 2 and white 2 was Emerald)

They will be distributing a Torchic via Wi-fi on October 12th (the launch day of Pokemon X & Y) with a special Mega Stone which is impossible to find in the game. I don't know how long the distribution lasts though. 

EV stands for Effort Value. Depending on what Pokemon you defeat, that defeated Pokemon will grant you EVs towards a specific stat. 4 EVs increase a stat by 1. EV training is just defeating a bunch of specific Pokemon to increase EVs for a specific stat, this in turn vastly improves a Pokemon's stats compared to a Pokemon which didn't EV train.

There are 510 EVs to gain in total, so what most people do is gain 252 EVs for one chosen stat, 252 EVs for another chosen stat, 4 EVs for a third stat to increase that stat by 1 and the 2 remaining EVs are then left over. There are also special items you can use to double the amount of EVs gained per battle to make things quicker.

Another way to EV train is by using Vitamins. Depending on the vitamin used, it will increase a specific stats EVs by 10 BUT the drawback is that you can only use Vitamins to increase a specific stats EVs up to 100 EVs, so you do still need to defeat Pokemon to max out the EVs of a stat.

Yeah I went a bit overboard but I hope this helped. If you want more info or need a refresher, watch this vid:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1u_37RK-mFA

IVs stand for Individual Values...but don't worry about that, it'll make your head hurt if you do smile.png

Edited by KrazyBean

They will be distributing a Torchic via Wi-fi on October 12th (the launch day of Pokemon X & Y) with a special Mega Stone which is impossible to find in the game. I don't know how long the distribution lasts though. 

EV stands for Effort Value. Depending on what Pokemon you defeat, that defeated Pokemon will grant you EVs towards a specific stat. 4 EVs increase a stat by 1. EV training is just defeating a bunch of specific Pokemon to increase EVs for a specific stat, this will in turn vastly improves a Pokemon's stats compared to a Pokemon which didn't EV train.

There are 510 EVs to gain in total, so what most people do is gain 252 EVs for one chosen stat, 252 EVs for another chosen stat, 4 EVs for a third stat to increase that stat by 1 and the 2 remaining EVs are then left over.

With that in mind. I'm going to have to sell so much shit just to get a 3DS and Pokemon Y.

EV stands for Effort Value. Depending on what Pokemon you defeat, that defeated Pokemon will grant you EVs towards a specific stat. 4 EVs increase a specific stat by 1. EV training is just defeating a bunch of specific Pokemon to increase EVs for a specific stat, this will in turn vastly improves a Pokemon's stats compared to a Pokemon which didn't EV train.

There are 510 EVs to gain in total, so what most people do is gain 252 EVs for one chosen stat, 252 EVs for another chosen stat, 4 EVs for a third stat to increase that stat by 1 and the 2 EVs are then left over.

DAM YOU KRAZY, I was right in the middle of typing this D:<!

To add to this, a Pokemon doesn't actually have to battle the pokemon you want to gain EVs from, it just needs to have "participated" in the battle, so if you just swapped in the Pokemon you wanted to EV train and then switch to something else to do the actual dirty work, it will still count. Additionally, there are various items that can be used to increase how many EVs you would get. Such items include the Macho Brace, which doubles the EVs you get, but cuts your speed in half; the Power Items, which adds an additional 4 to whatever EVs the item specifies, but also cuts speed in half; and the Vitamins, which increases specific EVs by 10, but can only be used up to 100 EVs.

Edited by 743 ED Missile
  • Thumbs Up 1

you could now view your EVs.

Nice, now that's a change I can get behind. I'm glad Game Freak's finally embracing the idea that EVs shouldn't be hidden, since they're something the player can change. IVs I'm okay with keeping hidden, but I'd love it if they let you see those too. It would save a good amount of time in breeding by not having to go online to check the IVs of your hatched Pokemon.

As for these MegaEvolutions, they seem interesting. Looks like it's a battle-only thing, maybe like some Castform-esque transformation with the trigger being maybe using a certain attack while holding a Mega Stone? Guess we'll have to see.

EV stands for Effort Value. Depending on what Pokemon you defeat, that defeated Pokemon will grant you EVs towards a specific stat. 4 EVs increase a stat by 1. EV training is just defeating a bunch of specific Pokemon to increase EVs for a specific stat, this in turn vastly improves a Pokemon's stats compared to a Pokemon which didn't EV train.

There are 510 EVs to gain in total, so what most people do is gain 252 EVs for one chosen stat, 252 EVs for another chosen stat, 4 EVs for a third stat to increase that stat by 1 and the 2 remaining EVs are then left over. There are also special items you can use to double the amount of EVs gained per battle to make things quicker.

Another way to EV train is by using Vitamins. Depending on the vitamin used, it will increase a specific stats EVs by 10 BUT the drawback is that you can only use Vitamins to increase a specific stats EVs up to 100 EVs, so you do still need to defeat Pokemon to max out the EVs of a stat.

Yeah I went a bit overboard but I hope this helped. If you want more info or need a refresher, watch this vid:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1u_37RK-mFA

IVs stand for Individual Values...but don't worry about that, it'll make your head hurt if you do smile.png

xqefEH.jpg

Wow there are a lot more things that go into these games that I never realized, but thanks for the help the video explained it really well and I can understand the guys pain with the IV's just looking at that stuff makes my head hurt lol.

One question. Are Mega Stones consumable items?

They last forever.

There are only a few secretly hidden in-game for some Pokemon and others are event exclusive like Blazikenite, so making them consumable would be ridiculous.

One question. Are Mega Stones consumable items?

Doubt it. I imagine it's more of an item that is permanent, but only lasts for 1-3 turns.

The rumours for the starters' final types, as seen since the very first trailer based on the attacks they did at the time and corroborated by further trustworthy leaks, are 3rdStageChespin being Grass/Dark, 3rdStageFroakie being Water/Fighting, and 3rdStageFennekin being Fire/Psychic.

Also pretty cool animation for the Mega Stage. Give me MegaAlakazam plz.

One thing I don't like about EV training is the fact that it's very hard to do in the beginning of the game. It's more of a post-game regime, plus EV training a starter Pokemon is awkward since you only have one starter in the entire game, and plus, I don't know how to take away EVs from a Pokemon and essentially make it a clean slate.

Edited by KrazyBean

There are berries that remove EVs, but they're not common.

They only take away ten points each or something, though; your best bet would probably be to breed your starter with a Ditto (or anything else if you won the lottery and got a girl starter, seriously just make them 50/50 already Game Freak) and just start fresh.

Edited by Octarine

EV training is more of a post-game thing anyways. Natures and all that shit don't really have much importance in the main game.

• Thumbs Up 1

I usually try to avoid catching Modest physical attackers or whatever, but yeah. Worrying about Natures and EVs before the postgame isn't really worth your time.

xqefEH.jpg

Wow there are a lot more things that go into these games that I never realized, but thanks for the help the video explained it really well and I can understand the guys pain with the IV's just looking at that stuff makes my head hurt lol.

Pokemon metagame is more complicated than people think

I'm surprised they didn't put Ampharos and Absol up too considering they're revealed too.

@Joshua below me: Yeah, way to overshadow one of the new starters...

Edited by Semi-colon e