Awoo.

Pokemon X & Y (October 2013 on 3DS) - [Now out! Go out and play it already]

Pelly <3's U

Serebii updated their information on Mega Evolutions to include that only one can be used in battle:

With the official Japanese site update, a small note came out regarding further clarification on the Mega Evolutions. Within this site, it details that with Mega Evolutions, you can only have one Mega Evolution Pokémon in battle. It's not known whether it's talking about all of the battle, or just within your team. This is presumably to allow for a specific balance in the Pokémon. It also clarifies that the Pokémon will revert after the battle has ended, not within it itself when the battle finishes. We're still not 100% on the specifics of this new process, but we'll keep you updated as more information comes.

I'm interested to know just how much of a stat increase we'll be seeing.

Edited by Pawn

That's good that their only having one Mega Pokemon being used at a time, that way at least the persons entire team isn't entirely OP.

It only takes one OP Pokemon in the right hands to destroy an entire party. The fact that it doesn't run out after a set amount of turns automatically screams "fuck balance"

If we have a tournament on this site, I vote we ban the Mega forms.

• Thumbs Up 1

It only takes one OP Pokemon in the right hands to destroy an entire party. The fact that it doesn't run out after a set amount of turns automatically screams "fuck balance"

If we have a tournament on this site, I vote we ban the Mega forms.

That, or we just say anything goes.

I LOVE how the baby is pretty much the only thing that changes. XD Also, I love the logic of it in a battle scenario:

"Time for some Mega Evolution! Behold my Mega Kangaskhan!"

"What? Now it's clearly two Pokémon against one! You can't do-"

"HYPER BEAM!"

*Dies*

W-w-what happens to the baby?

Edit: Well, now I know:

About time that thing left the pouch.

Guess who won the ability lottery today?

KANGASKHAN!

NOW YOU AND YOUR BABY ARE GONNA BE OU!

Edited by Crow the BOOLET

hey, I love the new mawile one, the others, im not so fussed on, but hoping we will see some starter evolutions soon!
heres something I made after being inspired of the game intros, thought it would be okay to post in this thread :)

• Thumbs Up 1

Apparently MegaKangaskhan's ability is "Parental Bond". It allows it to attack twice per turn.

I will gladly look over Kangaskhan's meh stats for a double attack. That's an incredible buff.

Double Return, Double Sucker Punch, Double Earthquake, oh my god.

• Thumbs Up 1

Apparently MegaKangaskhan's ability is "Parental Bond". It allows it to attack twice per turn.

...Double Giga Impact?

...Double Giga Impact?

Sort of.

Giga Impact requires you to rest for one turn and since you now have two turns for one... No-risk Giga Impact.

Edited by Tmsp

........So it can potentiallly sweep an entire team with the right setup.....well fuck

It says that the user can attack twice per turn. It doesn't say that it's turn counts as two.

Think Twineedle applied to every move in Khan's movepool.

Man, this is going to absolutely destroy Substitute users.

*sigh* Talking about balancing in the Pokemon series is depressing.

Are they even trying to balance these games anymore?

*sigh* Talking about balancing in the Pokemon series is depressing.

Are they even trying to balance these games anymore?

Unless Khan gets a new move in Gen VI for the occasion, MegaKhan gets stopped completely cold by Levitate Gengar and Mismagius. Losing Scrappy means it can't hit it with anything if they stall it out.

Edited by Joshua

That's not balance. The "X pokemon can defeat Y pokemon, but Z Pokemon can defeat X pokemon" isn't balance.

Can't fucking wait for Mega Blissey.

• Thumbs Up 1

Unless Khan gets a new move in Gen VI for the occasion, MegaKhan gets stopped completely cold by Levitate Gengar and Mismagius. Losing Scrappy means it can't hit it with anything if they stall it out.

It gets Crunch for those.

It won't be STAB but it will hurt considering their low Defense.

Stop the presses.

Mr. Masuda has also announced a worldwide OST release of Pokemon XY on iTunes in November.

<3333333333333333333333333333333333333

Aaaand Accelgor'd by CC14

Edited by Joshua