Awoo.

Pokemon X & Y (October 2013 on 3DS) - [Now out! Go out and play it already]

Pelly <3's U

You move in 16 directions with the circle pad (like in Mario and Luigi: Dream Team), and other new additions you may have missed.

http://www.siliconera.com/2013/09/02/pokemon-x-and-pokemon-y-take-some-bold-half-steps-into-the-next-generation/

So from what that says is that this soundtrack will focus on guitar. I'm definitely excited to see what they do with this, and I fully expect a heavy metal orchestral Champion theme *drools in anticipation*. The 16 directional movement is nice, though as I've not got the chance to play Dream Team yet I can't say if I'd like this or not. 

EDIT: Found some tracks

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aUHEH48xCpk

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mJ5hIDnz90E

Edited by LordMetallix

Champion theme

Talking about the champion, I really want it to be Syncamore. He seems perfect for that position.

Iris really left a bad taste in my mouth. Everything about that battle was stupid.

Why her and not the BW protag or Alder's "student", Marshal? Why is the battle in fucking space? And good lord, that music...

Not to mention that an ice typed Pokémon could easily sweep half of her team.

Rumored Kalos Pokédex leak. It's NOT confirmed and I'm trying to find the original source, but some of these descriptions sound super awesome. Includes some wild typings, so I'm kind of hoping it's legit.

Apparently this info was posted on somethingawful, so take it with a grain of salt.

Rumored Kalos Pokédex leak. It's NOT confirmed and I'm trying to find the original source, but some of these descriptions sound super awesome. Includes some wild typings, so I'm kind of hoping it's legit.

Apparently this info was posted on somethingawful, so take it with a grain of salt.

Oh as if that's real. I doubt Sylveon would be the only evolution of a previous Pokemon, they wouldn't all just be mega evolutions. Way too many Dragons as well.

I call fake.

*skims rumored leak" 

"tails split into nine tails"

I couldn't have been the only one who immediately though of either Ninetales or some Naruto crap. 

Edited by TheChaosBacon

"760: Legendary, Dragon. Winged-serpent Ouroboros that's a purplish-black color with the infinity-symbol running along the side of body."

TOTALLY called that. Always had the suspicion that an Ouroboros Pokemon would be the third main legendary given the apparent 'cyclic nature of things' theme of the game with Xerneas exemplifying life and Yveltal exemplifying death/destruction. The letter O in this prospective Pokemon's very possible name also fits in with the genetic/DNA theme too.

Water/Fire? Poison/Electric? A Poison type legendary for the first time in history?! Call me crazy, but I want this rumor to be true. This is stuff I've always wanted to happen.

Don't care if it's more than likely fake

• 732: First-Evolution, Ice. A wolfish creature made entirely of ice-crystals, very sleek and sharp looking.

An ice wolf has been the Pokemon I've wanted for like a decade now, >:U

Some of these sound interesting but I suspect this is fake as there are so many Dragons it's unreal. If it's true though, I'm disappointed they're abusing Bug/Steel again, and that there's yet another Fire/Fighting Pokemon. However, the Dragon/Fairy next to the legendaries sounds like a very interesting pseudolegendary, and the Poison/Dragon sounds cool. There seems to be barely any Electric or Fire types, though, or Psychic types for that matter.

We shall see, eh?

Edited by Semi-colon e

They better confirm backwards compatibility.

This. Although I have been hearing rumors that there might be an app released that will let you transfer pokemon from gen 5 games to gen 6 games.

• Thumbs Up 2

They better confirm backwards compatibility.

Backwards compatibility? You mean transferring Pokemon from older gens?

Personally i think it's best that whatever sort of transfer system(ether in game or as a 3DS app) it should only be compatible with gen V games, to deter people from skipping a generation.

16/8-way movement is really cool, but I thought GF said they weren't going to add it since it made events complicated or something? I think it was actually about 360°, but it's not that different.

Either way, I'm glad.

Ah, great. I was curious on which franchise the next confirmed character from Smash will be from, and now we have our Direct for the month, just like Luigi had last month.

Ah that's a good point; this can also be confirming the next Pokemon rep in Smash.

With that said, is this Direct strictly XY news?

Edited by TheChaosBacon

Pokemon XY will definitely be the focal point of the Direct, but some coverage for the newly-released Pokemon Rumble U, and maybe some time given to elaborate on that 3D Fighter-like Pokemon game wouldn't be out of the question.

Extrapolation on the XY info revealed in the CoroCoro issue last month would be cool. Is Team Flare really all about exploiting Pokemon for profit? How long has Mega Pokemon been a thing since BW? How many years has it been since BW? Etc.

Pokemon Direct is up!

So far, they've announced an online app for the 3DS called "Pokemon Bank", which is a cloud storage system for Pokemon. They also announced PokeTransporter, the transfer system for transferring mons from Gen 5 to Gen 6.

Edited by Shirou Emiya
  • Thumbs Up 1

Bulbasaur, Charmander and Squirtle confirmed as additional starters you can receive in the game.  You receive Chespin/Fennekin/Froakie at the start from a friend instead of the professor, then you receive Bulbasaur/Charmander/Squirtle from the professor.

In addition, all three (Venasaur, Charizard and Blastoise) have Mega Evolutions.