Awoo.

Pokemon X & Y (October 2013 on 3DS) - [Now out! Go out and play it already]

Pelly <3's U

Pokemon bank,Kanto starters(bulbasure ftw)Those mega evolutions...I want a 3DS so bad

Mega_Venusaur-X-and-Y.jpg

sept_p09_01_89vep.jpg

Mega_Charizard-X-and-Y.jpg

sept_p10_02_4jkg1.jpg

Mega_Blastoise-X-and-Y.jpgsept_p11_01_lahqw.jpg

Mega_RB_Starters-X-and-Y.jpg

October, why you no have come sooner?

Edited by Son1ctrainer
  • Thumbs Up 8

Mega Venusaur gets an increase in its Defense and Special Defense, and the Thick Fat ability, which effectively negates its Fire and Ice weaknesses, and makes it weak only to Flying attacks.

Mega Charizard gets a Special Attack boost, and fucking Drought, and we've seen just how effective Ninetales had been in shaping the BW metagame with that ability.

Mega Blastoise gets Mega Launcher, which gives a power boost to "Pulse" attacks like Water Pulse and Dark Pulse.

Edited by Joshua

Okay those designs are simplistic but the main art makes them look a lot better. I like Mega Charizard more than the original, which I was never fond of in the first place. Triple cannon Blastoise is also really cool.

They've also updated the official site with the artwork of the new Kanto starter Mega Evolutions:

Mega_Venusaur-X-and-Y.jpg

Mega Venasaur:

Species: Seed Pokemon

Type: Grass/Poison

Ability: Thick Fat

Height: 7'10"

Weight: 342.8 lbs

Mega_Charizard-X-and-Y.jpg

Mega Charizard

Species: Flame Pokemon

Type: Fire/Flying

Ability: Drought

Height: 5'07"

Weight: 221.6 lbs

Mega_Blastoise-X-and-Y.jpg

Mega Blastoise

Species: Shellfish Pokemon

Type: Water

Ability: Mega Launcher

Height: 5'03"

Weight: 222.9 lbs

Charizard with fucking Drought?!  Well we know who's gonna be shaping the meta...

• Thumbs Up 1

So I'm using the special Torchic as my fire starter, Froakie as my water starter and Bulbasaur as my grass starter. This is gonna be glorious!

• Thumbs Up 2

I was looking foward to choosing Charmander because I thought Charizard was finally going to be Fire/Dragon...but nope. sad.png Guess I'll stick to Fennekin.

Edited by Lhancat

Pokémon Bank: You have to pay to transfer Pokémon over from Gen5, basically.

Fucking ridiculous. I'm not paying a subscription to do something I've done for free since forever. FUCK.

All the other news of the Direct was completely sidelined by that monopolising fact for me. Ugh.

• Thumbs Up 2

Blastoise's ability seems kind of underwhelming, depending on which moves are boosted. Water Pulse (bah) and Dark Pulse (will this thing get it?) are confirmed.

Also someone doing mono-Fire would be in a great place right now. Mega Charizard with Drought, the special Torchic, Fennekin, and Talonflame too. And Litleo is most likely early game as well. Holy shit.

I do feel like being given the Kanto starters kind of cheapens the whole Kalos starter thing though, by getting two right off the bat, and overshadows the Kalos starters as well.

Edited by Semi-colon e

One more thing.  Quick trailer showing the Mega Kanto starters off.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=blhaSxUJ-OU

So now Venusaur gets two incredibly stupid abilities. Use it in its basic form and you can abuse Chlorophyll and get things set up. Need it to tank attacks, or the sun's gone? Activate its Mega Form as a failsafe, and get two weaknesses removed as a bonus.

Venusaur could be the most efficient starter Pokemon thanks to those abilities alone, jeez.

Pokémon Bank: You have to pay to transfer Pokémon over from Gen5, basically.

No. That's what Poke Transporter does. Pokemon Bank is a souped up version of Pokemon Ranch, which you should only be using if you're into collecting Pokemon that much.

Fucking ridiculous. I'm not paying a subscription to do something I've done for free since forever. FUCK.

You could simply not pay the annual fee, let the account go down, and just keep the Pokemon you have in a separate version of the game, and trade when necessary.

Besides, it's not like Nintendo's gonna charge you out of a house and home with a fee that's needed every 12 months.

Edited by Joshua

I just realised that Blastoise's design is basically Water-type Bowser.  I can never look at either the same way again now.

I do feel like being given the Kanto starters kind of cheapens the whole Kalos starter thing though, by getting two right off the bat, and overshadows the Kalos starters as well.

I really don't think they're going to give you the Gen I starters right off the bat with the Kalos ones.  It'll definitely be in the early-game if they're mentioning it now (previous games have dished out previous-gen starters in postgame and never trumpeted it), but there would be no point in your friends giving you starters if you were assured more starters instantaneously.  More to the point, the professor wouldn't give them to you under those circumstances either.  My guess is that they might make you wait until after the first gym - or just before, if there's a decent gap between the start of the game and the first gym.

My...GOOOOODDDDD!!!! This is like the best news EVER!!! Mega starters, MEGA FUCKING CHARIZARD!!! BACKWARDS COMPATIBILITY!!! This is my dream game which, by the way, comes out RIGHT on my birthday, October 12!!!

...oh..so you have to PAY to transfer...Not clever, GF.

Edited by ArtFenix

The Pokémon Bank application and service allows you to store your Pokémon on an online server. To ensure that the service stays running worry-free for all of its users, Pokémon Bank will be a paid service.

An annual charge will allow the service to be maintained long-term so it can provide support for future Pokémon titles. The service charge will also enable the management and maintenance needed to allow everyone access to the online storage.

Look forward to a free trial period after the launch of Pokémon Bank. Be sure to try out the software for yourself during this time to see everything that Pokémon Bank has to offer!

I wonder how long that trial will last?

Edited by Son1ctrainer

So what's up with this transfer thing? Do I need to pay to use it? If yes, then fuck it. I'm not paying for something that has been free since DP.

I don't even care about completing the Pokedex. I'll jus miss my old Pokémon and shit.

I wonder how long that trial will last?

A month apparently.

They expect me to know which Pokémon I can't find in Kalos after just one month.

So what's up with this transfer thing? Do I need to pay to use it? If yes, then fuck it. I'm not paying for something that has been free since DP.

I don't even care about completing the Pokedex. I'll jus miss my old Pokémon and shit.

I care about the former but I'm not paying to finish the Pokédex when it's always been free before.

Yes you need to play every year for Pokemon Bank and you need to have a subscription to Pokemon Bank to use the Poke Transporter App. The cost of Pokemon Bank is apparently $5 a year...this is pretty damn cheap IMO plus they do need to charge for this to maintain the servers.

Who called that app thing being used to transfer Pokemon? Well I certainly didn't expect to have to pay a yearly fee to do so. Pokemon Bank sounds like an ingenious idea (to ward off hacked Pokemon and what not), but once you pay for the app itself I figured that's done and done. Paying to complete the Pokedex? Cmon Game Freak.

So looks like my old Pokemon will be staying in their games...for now.

So, from Nintendo Life Sycamore gives you the option of obtaining one of the Kanto starters instead.  A friend will offer you one of the Kalos starters. Kanto Starter Mega Evolution...eh I'm not that hyped for them. Although Charizard getting Drought seems to be a bit of buff for its Fire-type attacks. But Mega-Blastoise...oh yeah.

I'm all for Squirtle/Fennekin on my team.

THOSE 3DS XL BUNDLE THO OH YES. ;-;

Edited by TheChaosBacon

...oh..so you have to PAY to transfer...Not clever, GF.

It's more like you have to pay to store, and transferring requires storing.  It's unfortunate, but also pretty obviously the most practical way of doing it, if they were already planning on setting up a service explicitly for long-term storage of Pokemon for inter-game transfers, which by its nature is also pretty obviously going to require a cheap-as-chips maintenance fee.  There's also a free trial period that's pretty precisely for people who want to transfer all of their old Pokemon straight away but aren't yet sold on the idea of ongoing use of the Bank.  I do think, though, that they expect anyone who will want to transfer Pokemon to have a continuing interest in using the Bank system anyway.  Conversely, I am interested in neither, but don't think I would find the system especially offensive even if it did require my expenditure.

I wonder if it would be possible to sync your in-game Pokedex with your Bank account so that you don't even have to go through the rigmarole of bringing your Bank Pokemon into a new game to register them in your Pokedex...?

When you download Pokémon Bank, you can also download the linked application Poké Transporter! When you insert a Pokémon Black Version, Pokémon White Version, Pokémon Black Version 2, or Pokémon White Version 2 Game Card into a Nintendo 3DS system, you'll be able to use Poké Transporter to transfer Pokémon from these games into their own online Boxes. Then, you can easily transfer those Pokémon into Pokémon X and Pokémon Y using Pokémon Bank!

Poké Transporter is a free downloadable application for the Nintendo 3DS system that will be available along with Pokémon Bank. Note that Poké Transporter cannot return Pokémon to Pokémon Black Version, Pokémon White Version, Pokémon Black Version 2, or Pokémon White Version 2 after they have been stored in an online Box.

Note: You may find yourself unable to use Pokémon Bank or Poké Transporter to deposit any Pokémon created illegally by software unauthorized by The Pokémon Company and Nintendo into your online Boxes, or to move these Pokémon between online Boxes.

So Poke Transporter is free but Pokemon Bank isn't?

Glad to hear the XL consoles are coming to Europe! Gonna have to finally upgrade, it seems!

Yeah! I'm sooo getting the blue one! Just need to get the money. Guess I'll have some on my birthday October 12 xD.

So Poke Transporter is free but Pokemon Bank isn't?

Good question.

Edited by ArtFenix