Awoo.

Pokemon X & Y (October 2013 on 3DS) - [Now out! Go out and play it already]

Pelly <3's U

Thank goodness it's not $5 a MONTH, then I see a lot of people having criticisms about that.

Personally, Pokemon Bank is an ingenious idea. Happy to see Game Freak/TPC actually wanting to keep the game/metagame as clean as possible. 

Pokemon Transfer...I would have thought that would be a separate app. So transferred Pokemon will not be sent directly to X and Y but instead to the Pokemon Bank cloud service? Well there's a free trial but I don't think I'll be paying for the Bank....yet.

EDIT: Just read Son1ictrainer's post. So Pokemon Transfer is a standalone app that can be downloaded for free...(apparently) huh.
Edited by TheChaosBacon

Looks like Europe is getting a red one as opposed to the Blue and Gold:

1234270_10152175881665744_1972721535_n.j

Fine with me, looks gorgeous!

EDIT: Scratch that, we're getting red and blue, just not gold.

mega charizard is like the coolest fucking thing ever <333333333333333

Stealth Rock.

Jesus fuck. They had the chance and still somewhat fucked it up. I was expecting Charizard to be Fire/Dragon and Blastoise to be Water/Steel.

Stealth Rock.

Jesus fuck. They had the chance and still somewhat fucked it up. I was expecting Charizard to be Fire/Dragon and Blastoise to be Water/Steel.

Actually, I would have figured these three to have new typing accompanying them. Even if it's just for Mega Evolutions it's long overdue. Well, maybe except for Venasuar.

Poor Charizard.

tumblr_mco2m4oUF21qdtvezo1_500.png

Speaking of, here's artwork for them.

ku-xlarge.png

Edited by TheChaosBacon

Ohhhhhh!

Why must I spoil everything about this game!? Those Gen1 mega evolutions oh my gooooood <3

So glad to hear you can still transfer Pokemon, is be genuinely devastated if you couldn't. Don't care about a small subscription fee, Pokemon is worth it.

Can anyone give me a summary of what was revealed during the Pokemon Direct? My friend will want to know. 

Stealth Rock.

Except Charizard is still guaranteed to be OU from Drought alone.  Even without its Mega form Sp Atk buff it was still a superior Pokemon to Ninetails (which instantly made the jump to OU solely from its ability and has been a key component of shaping the OU meta).  The quad weakness to Stealth Rock is of course an issue, but when the Pokemon is 1) going to primarily be used as a lead and 2) has the stats and movepool that allow it to be a pretty competent sweeper, Mega Charizard is definitely going to be an excellent Pokemon.  If anything it's pretty comparable to Volcarona now except with a vastly superior ability but lower Sp Def.  

Though I would've also liked to see Charizard with Fire/Dragon typing (especially since it looks even more wyvern-like now) and the Solar Power ability.  Sure it would make the Pokemon a little worse overall, but it'd be super unique and have terrifyingly destructive offensive power with high Sp Atk and fire attacks which are double boosted from sun and Solar Power.  

Can anyone give me a summary of what was revealed during the Pokemon Direct? My friend will want to know. 

• A run down of the history of the games connectivity
  • Pokemon Bank and Poke Transporter are revealed
  • Pokémon Bank is Cloud Storage app for 3DS. It allows for 100 boxes to be stored on the internet.
  • Pokémon Transporter allows you to transfer from Black/White 1 and 2 to Pokémon X & Y. Poké Transporter comes when you purchase Pokémon Bank.
  • The cloud storage idea came during the development of Pokémon Crystal.
  • Pokémon Bank requires an annual fee
  • In X and Y one of your friends gives you a Kalos Starter while you will also receive 1 of the Kanto Starters from Prof Sycamore.
  • Venusaur, Charizard, and Blastoise have Mega Evolutions
  • Trainers use an item called a Mega Ring in order to do Mega Evolutions
  • Special Red & Blue Nintendo 3DS XL have been announced for North America and Europe. They will be released on September 27th
Edited by Son1ctrainer
  • Thumbs Up 1

As much as I hate paying a subscription fee for online, I'd gladly pay for Pokemon Bank as it's only $5 A YEAR instead of a month. That, and it's not really required for online play so sure.

Also, this is another insider info confirmed

• Another professor named Sycamore gives you either Bulbasaur, Charmander, or Squirtle.

Wait, this means Sycamore is NOT the main professor. That means Patrice, the other professor from the insider, is the main one. Fuck year, 2 female professors in a row.

• Thumbs Up 1

As much as I hate paying a subscription fee for online, I'd gladly pay for Pokemon Bank as it's only $5 A YEAR instead of a month. That, and it's not really required for online play so sure.

• Another professor named Sycamore gives you either Bulbasaur, Charmander, or Squirtle.

That I agree with for the most part.

Another? The regional Professor IS Sycamore. He does gives you one of the Kanto starters though. A friend will give you one of the Kalos starters.

Apparently in the Nintendo direct, somewhere near the 15 minutes when Venusaur is evolving, you can see a single frame of a llama like Pokemon or something. /vp/ has a pic of it and I can somewhat see it in the video, but it looks more like Absol to me.

Edit: Serebii confirmed.

Edited by Tmsp

Another professor named Sycamore gives you either Bulbasaur, Charmander, or Squirtle.

So, still waiting on that second Mewtwo form then.
  • Thumbs Up 1

Wait, this means Sycamore is NOT the main professor. That means Patrice, the other professor from the insider, is the main one. Fuck year, 2 female professors in a row.

$5 a year?

I'm sold.

Pokemon Bank will solve the issue of having only one 3DS but both games.  I can upload from X and then download to Y with the same system.

Apparently in the Nintendo direct, somewhere near the 15 minutes when Venusaur is evolving, you can see a single frame of a llama like Pokemon or something. /vp/ has a pic of it and I can somewhat see it in the video, but it looks more like Absol to me.

...Llama-like Pokemon?

65bde515dec3da2d4669407d299537f2.gif

I always wondered if a llama Pokemon may be a reality...

At 5:30 in the Pokemon Direct video on YouTube, you can see a new Pokemon in the list called Dedenne and it's an Electric/Fairy type.

http://youtu.be/fbqkqdfrfes

Sucks that Mega Charizard doesn't have Fire/Dragon. Oh well, at least Drought is gonna help him out a lot.

At 5:30 in the Pokemon Direct video on YouTube, you can see a new Pokemon in the list called Dedenne and it's an Electric/Fairy type.

http://youtu.be/fbqkqdfrfes

Dedenne was revealed when Coro Coro first revealed info on the Mega Evolutions.

direct98.jpg

Who's that Pokemon?

Dedenne was revealed when Coro Coro first revealed info on the Mega Evolutions.

direct98.jpg

Who's that Pokemon?

Ok, I'll stop it now. Llama Pokemon for the win, my dear boys and gals.

• Thumbs Up 5

I'll give them this - at least they're not ridiculously overdesigned like Mega Lucario and Mega Blaziken and actually look like they'd fit in alongside the other old Pokémon.

I was THIS close to getting it, but paying to transfer Pokémon? Nope. I'm not going to give Game Freak their blood money, no matter how small it is. We payed nothing to transfer before, why the hell should we pay something to transfer now?

• Thumbs Up 1

It's $5 a year and you can seemingly transfer ALL your Pokemon at once rather playing shit mini games to transfer 6 at a time like Poke Launcher and you can now Cloud store them.

Fucking Dream Radar cost basically the same and that barely had a point yet this is crossing the line?.

Personally? I'm fine paying the annual fee, especially if it's only going to set me back a fiver.

I like the idea of there being a cloud service that I can use to hold all my caught Pokemon. Plus, this isn't just going to be about X/Y, this will be available for the future installments of the series as well. In theory, it also negates the need to buy another 3DS to trade between X and Y, which will actually save you money. Furthermore, being able to transfer entire boxes of Pokemon with ease is a great little feature.

• Thumbs Up 3

It's $5 a year and you can seemingly transfer ALL your Pokemon at once rather playing shit mini games to transfer 6 at a time like Poke Launcher and you can now Cloud store them.

Fucking Dream Radar cost basically the same and that barely had a point yet this is crossing the line?.

I think people were just understandably peeved that something that was always free before is now paid.

Minigame or not.

I've made peace with it though, I'm ok with them doing it to stop people from trading up hacked Pokémon. So many people over the DS era had problems with fighting hackers online, and thanks to this that will be a thing of the past.