Awoo.

Pokemon X & Y (October 2013 on 3DS) - [Now out! Go out and play it already]

Pelly <3's U

I'll give them this - at least they're not ridiculously overdesigned like Mega Lucario and Mega Blaziken and actually look like they'd fit in alongside the other old Pokémon.

I was THIS close to getting it, but paying to transfer Pokémon? Nope. I'm not going to give Game Freak their blood money, no matter how small it is. We payed nothing to transfer before, why the hell should we pay something to transfer now?

I'm going to abuse the trial to import all the Pokémon that I want if thats possible. After that, fuck it, never going to pay for that.

It's $5 a year and you can seemingly transfer ALL your Pokemon at once rather playing shit mini games to transfer 6 at a time like Poke Launcher and you can now Cloud store them.

Fucking Dream Radar cost basically the same and that barely had a point yet this is crossing the line?.

Dream Radar didn't had any impact in the main games other than giving new forms to 3 shitty Pokemon.

$5 a year may not seem much, but I hate to waste money on stuff like this, especially because transfering Pokémon was a free feature before. 

Dream Radar didn't had any impact in the main games other than giving new forms to 3 shitty Pokemon.

The Kami trio? Shitty? *laughter* no.

So Charizard will finally be the badass people thought it was going to be....fucking finally.

I just hope it gets all the necessary stat boosts it needs to make up for it's weakness to Stealth Rock.

I'm sorry, but 3 recolored old dudes on a cloud aren't my idea of good designs.

I believe he meant in terms of stats and competitive viability.

I believe he meant in terms of stats and competitive viability.

No idea of how good they are competitively. I'm not really into that side of the game and even if I was, their designs would have reduced my chances of using them.

Of course they may be good, like I said, I don't know much about the competitive scene.

Thundurus was banned because of how good its Special Attack was combined with its ability(Which allows any non-attacking move to go first) allowing it to spam Thunder Wave and paralyze everything, and Nasty Plot and then Thunderbolt everything. 

Tornadus has a similar ability but lacks Thunder Wave, but its still pretty annoying.

Landorus is.....ok, nope scratch that. Landorus got banned too.

Their incarnate form designs may be lazy, but they are damn good.

Edited by Azure Yakuzu

I just hope it gets all the necessary stat boosts it needs to make up for it's weakness to Stealth Rock.

Zard gets a Sp Atk boost.  Doesn't matter though, Drought alone more than makes up for a Stealth Rock weakness.

Back on the topic of the new chappie shown for, apparently, a single frame as mentioned a page back -

direct98.jpg

Possibly unpopular opinion here: I think it could be a relative of Absol.  Just put the two next to each other and they have a fair few similar features - quadrupedal, shaggy white fur, black skin, long tail.  The build overall is roughly the same.  Added to that is the fact that Absol is getting a Mega Evolution, which suggests that they'll be paying a bit more attention to it - possibly a pre-evolution with a split evolution path resulting in Absol on one side and this on the other?  It's pretty much just a dorkier Absol with a slightly longer neck (but not llama-level long, I would say).

I'm prepared to be wrong, but they'll still be similar.

I'll give them this - at least they're not ridiculously overdesigned like Mega Lucario and Mega Blaziken and actually look like they'd fit in alongside the other old Pokémon.

I was THIS close to getting it, but paying to transfer Pokémon? Nope. I'm not going to give Game Freak their blood money, no matter how small it is. We payed nothing to transfer before, why the hell should we pay something to transfer now?

I think you're underestimating how expensive maintaining servers can be. This is why we are paying for online gaming for home consoles.

I will admit that forcing people to subscribe to Pokemon Bank before they can use Poke Transporter is bad but they did say that there will be a free trial period for everyone, so during this time period it is possible to transfer your Pokemon from Gen V to VI to Pokemon Bank and transfer them to X & Y if that is ALL you want to do.

I'm going to abuse the trial to import all the Pokémon that I want if thats possible. After that, fuck it, never going to pay for that.

$5 a year may not seem much, but I hate to waste money on stuff like this, especially because transfering Pokémon was a free feature before.

And yet paying $5 a month/$60 a year for online isn't much at all?

And yet paying $5 a month/$60 a year for online isn't much at all?

Are you talking about my internet connection? Because other than that I don't pay for a single service like PS+ or Xbox gold.

Im quite hyped!!! Those Mega-evolutions are badass!!! too bad Charizard didnt get part dragon... kinda sucks.. although to be honest we know they arent evolutions, but just a power-up so it makes sense it would stay the same.

Although I love the idea of Sycamore giving you gen 1 pokemon, and that its brilliant, I kinda wish it wasnt like that. Itll take the attention away from the starters of the region. You know many people will just probably level up those and throw the others to the garbage. Also many will have one on their party wich will take a spot of another cool pokemon from the region... maybe Im just being a drama queen, but I prefer to send my prev gens Pokemon (like Typhlosion) into the game, but late in the game if not after the elite four. So I can start fresh, but having a charmander at my disposal from the start is just ehh... weird.  Still think Ill just have my charmander for maybe a gym battle or two and to mega-evolve it. But otherwise Ill stick to Fennekin or Froakie.

Also that llama looking Pokémon is sweet!

(Pic from Serebii )

direct98.jpg

• Thumbs Up 1

Are you talking about my internet connection? Because other than that I don't pay for a single service like PS+ or Xbox gold.

Just talking about PS+ on the PS4 or XBL in general

Mega_Charizard-X-and-Y.jpg

Dang! Charizard looks good, and not overly complicated like Mega Lucario and Mega Blaziken.

Dang! Charizard looks good, and not overly complicated like Mega Lucario and Mega Blaziken.

True that! Although I cant help but to think of that fang as a "doofy buck-teeth" wich makes him look a bit funny, but its just the angle xD once seen cant be unseen :P Youre welcome ~

Just talking about PS+ on the PS4 or XBL in general

That's also a thing that I can't see myself paying for. I just don't like to pay for stuff like that.

It's not like I'm poor or some shit like that, but paying for a service that was and still could be free really leaves a bad taste in my mouth.

Of course I'm talking about PokéTransfer. Poké Bank seems like a neat idea, but it really isn't for me. I never filled all the boxes in a Pokémon game to need it and I only restart my games after transfering everything to a newer one and even that is pretty rare.

I will probably transfer like 30 Pokémon and never touch that feature again, so I would be technically wasting 5 bucks. That's  why I hope that the trial will let you transfer an unlimited or at least big number of Pokémon.

Edited by Tmsp
  • Thumbs Up 1

Not a huge fan of the mega forms, but the fact that I can get a Charmander right at the start just makes the decision to choose Froakie all the more easy.

Ya know, if they keep giving starters out like this, its gonna make using a new and unique team extremely difficult.

So Charizard will finally be the badass people thought it was going to be....fucking finally.

sexymon___stealth_rock_by_wupar-d2zgtm0.

Pls.

On topic: i like the Mega Blastoise design; his ability a little less, but i can't complain too much.

Edited by Teoskaven
  • Thumbs Up 3