Awoo.

Pokemon X & Y (October 2013 on 3DS) - [Now out! Go out and play it already]

Pelly <3's U

sexymon___stealth_rock_by_wupar-d2zgtm0.

Pls.

On topic: i like the Mega Blastoise design; his ability a little less, but i can't complain too much.

Don't care Drought, suck handsome rocks.

People including myself seem to have forgotten that since Mega Pokemon can only come forth by activating the Mega Ring, that means you would have to devote a turn to going through the process to get Mega Zard.

So, Charizard not only has to take the Stealth Rock hit, but it has to waste a turn to get its Drought ability kicking. That doesn't bode well for the NotDragon.

• Thumbs Up 1

People including myself seem to have forgotten that since Mega Pokemon can only come forth by activating the Mega Ring, that means you would have to devote a turn to going through the process to get Mega Zard.

So, Charizard not only has to take the Stealth Rock hit, but it has to waste a turn to get its Drought ability kicking. That doesn't bode well for the NotDragon.

The recent demo of the game would suggest that you don't waste a turn to perform the Mega Evolution. You can Mega Evolve and get a normal move within the same turn. It's doubtful that they changed that at this point unless I'm mistaken.

sexymon___stealth_rock_by_wupar-d2zgtm0.

I swear to Arceus, those freaking rocks are gonna be the death of me someday.

Fucking Rocks.

(In case you were wondering, I am a Charizard kind of guy.)

• Thumbs Up 1

>Finally getting a Llama Pokemon.

Looks like I have my first "must-have-on-my-team." Pokemon other than Chespin for this gen.

MegaCharizard would still get obliterated by Stealth Rocks, and would be eaten alive by numerous OU of the likes of Garchomp, Cloyster (lol Rock Blast) and....well....anything packing Stone Edge.

EDIT:

All the Mega Forms look cool. Especially Blastoise and Charizard. 

Edited by Scar

MegaCharizard would be eaten alive by numerous OU of the likes of Garchomp

Unless Char is faster and can learn Draco Meteor or something like that.

MegaCharizard would still get obliterated by Stealth Rocks, and would be eaten alive by numerous OU of the likes of Garchomp, Cloyster (lol Rock Blast) and....well....anything packing Stone Edge.

EDIT:

The point of Mega Zard is to lay down the permanent sun.  That alone cannot be written off as weather is such a prime factor in the metagame.  It allowed a mediocre Pokemon such as Ninetales to skyrocket to OU.  Whilst it takes a turn to set up the sun, Mega Zard is still a vastly superior Pokemon to Ninetales (even regular Zard was always better than Ninetails prior to Gen 5).

EDIT:

Not only that dude, but even if it was Fire/Dragon, it will get hunted down by Fairy-Types, and you can bet a lot of players are gonna have Fairy Types on them to eradicate the Dragon threat, even having a whole team of them if necessary.

Edited by Dantemustdie00

Unless Char is faster and can learn Draco Meteor or something like that.

After which its revenge-killed by a Tyranitar, or at least massively damaged after a Pursuit.

The point of Mega Zard is to lay down the permanent sun. That alone cannot be written off as weather is such a prime factor in the metagame. It allowed a mediocre Pokemon such as Ninetales to skyrocket to OU. Whilst it takes a turn to set up the sun, Mega Zard is still a vastly superior Pokemon to Ninetales (even regular Zard was always better than Ninetails prior to Gen 5).

Ninetales doesn't take half damage upon entry. Charizard will either get bumped to RU or at best UU but it's weakness is still crippling unless its movepool improves.

Not only that dude, but even if it was Fire/Dragon, it will get hunted down by Fairy-Types, and you can bet a lot of players are gonna have Fairy Types on them to eradicate the Dragon threat, even having a whole team of them if necessary.

Mono type teams are always terrible, regardless of what type.  Nobody is seriously going to run an all Fairy type team just to try to counter the Dragons of OU.  Most OU teams don't run more than 1 or 2 of one type anyway, and the best teams always go for coverage.

Ninetales doesn't take half damage upon entry. Charizard will either get bumped to RU or at best UU but it's weakness is still crippling unless its movepool improves.

Except perma weather can't be run in lower tiers at all.  And Zard is clearly too good for NU (heck in both 4th and 5th gen he's one of the best NU Pokemon, now with increased sweeping potential it's only going to be better).  Unless the rules are adjusted so that lower tiers can run perma weather abilities, Mega Zard can only be run in OU.

Edited by SiLeNtDo0m

I'm probably not gonna bother with Pokemon Bank, because I'm not into hardcore Pokemon collection. I'll just use the normal transfer method like I always have.

Except perma weather can't be run in lower tiers at all. And Zard is clearly too good for NU (heck in both 4th and 5th gen he's one of the best NU Pokemon, now with increased sweeping potential it's only going to be better). Unless the rules are adjusted so that lower tiers can run perma weather abilities, Mega Zard can only be run in OU.

They probably are gonna change the rules then; while perma weather is great, it doesn't make up for everything Charizard is lacking.

I'm probably not gonna bother with Pokemon Bank, because I'm not into hardcore Pokemon collection. I'll just use the normal transfer method like I always have.

Sad to say this but there is no normal transfer method, Pokemon Bank is the only way you can to transfer Pokemon from gen 5 to gen 6.

Throw Drizzle or Drought on the most garbage Pokemon and it can go to Ubers/OU easily. Still, I think some might prefer Ninetales for the better typing and bulk meanwhile others might go for Charizard for decent speed and power. Plus, some might just wanna Mega-Evolve another Pokemon over using Mega Charizard and of course Hidden Pebbles a.k.a Stealth Rock still proves to be a massive thorn in its side and its garbage typing and getting killed by one of the most popular moves in the metagame, Stone Edge.

Sad to say this but there is no normal transfer method, Pokemon Bank is the only way you can to transfer Pokemon from gen 5 to gen 6.

Shit.

Guess I just won't transfer Pokemon then. I'm not paying for a feature that used to be free and I'm not interested in using the cloud service.

Yep, you need to have a subscription to PokeBank to have access to the PokeTransporter...so.

Not realy. There's a 30 day trial. You will have one month to transfer all the mons from BW/B2W2 and I think that's more than enough time to do that. ^_^

Not realy. There's a 30 day trial. You will have one month to transfer all the mons from BW/B2W2 and I think that's more than enough time to do that. happy.png

Oh yeah, it crossed my mind. If you're buying the game at launch, you'll have tons of time to do this.