Awoo.

Pokemon X & Y (October 2013 on 3DS) - [Now out! Go out and play it already]

Pelly <3's U

Isn't it like 5 dollars a Year or something cheap like that?

It is.

Oh yeah, it crossed my mind. If you're buying the game at launch, you'll have tons of time to do this.

There's a problem though: I don't have a 3ds yet and I got no money to buy one right now(((  I hope I'll be able to buy the console and the game some time in November or December... It'd be a miracle if I had all the money on my birthday to buy the game at launch))

I truly hope the trial for the transferring thingy is not limited. Cause I would barely touch that app for 5 bucks. So I hope they dont limit you to like 10 pokemon. Id at least want to transfer my team even if its just for see them in 3D XD Also I caught some merely for mega-evolution.  Also... question time: This is so I can store and transfer. But cant you transfer them via trade with a friend and then back to you?  for example:  Send a Snivy from PKMN White / Black to a friends X / Y to my X / Y version? cause I do have a friend that will get it. So it wouldnt be a trouble.

I truly hope the trial for the transferring thingy is not limited. Cause I would barely touch that app for 5 bucks. So I hope they dont limit you to like 10 pokemon. Id at least want to transfer my team even if its just for see them in 3D XD Also I caught some merely for mega-evolution.  Also... question time: This is so I can store and transfer. But cant you transfer them via trade with a friend and then back to you?  for example:  Send a Snivy from PKMN White / Black to a friends X / Y to my X / Y version? cause I do have a friend that will get it. So it wouldnt be a trouble.

I suppose in theory that would work. Would take longer but if a bunch of friends want to piggyback on one friend's bank then it's possible.

To be fair a month isn't enough time for people who don't want to transfer indiscriminately. I want to keep as many on BW/2 as possible, I want time to figure out which Pokémon I absolutely cannot get in Kalos before I transfer.

I don't know if I can do that.

• Thumbs Up 1

To be fair a month isn't enough time for people who don't want to transfer indiscriminately. I want to keep as many on BW/2 as possible, I want time to figure out which Pokémon I absolutely cannot get in Kalos before I transfer.

I don't know if I can do that.

Same for me, I want to see all of the Kalos Region Pokemon first, including the new ones.

The only Pokemon I might transfer over immediately will be an Eevee so I  can have it early, plus their kinda of a pain to find in the wild as it is.

Hmm....I wonder if you can transfer Eggs over too, I mean you can trade Eggs in the 5th gen so I imagine you should do so here too.

Well it's assuming you HAVE TO sign up for Pokemon Bank immediately after starting to play X&Y. I'd imagine the more realistic way they'll approach it is for you to sign up first THEN your 30 day trial starts. So just sign up after you beat the base game if that matters to you. You'll forego possible transfering from gen 5 during the story run but that's a choice you have to make.

$5 a year is really cheap, but there shouldn't be a price tag to move a team YOU raised from a game YOU bought to a game YOU already bought as well.

The point of Mega Zard is to lay down the permanent sun.  That alone cannot be written off as weather is such a prime factor in the metagame.  It allowed a mediocre Pokemon such as Ninetales to skyrocket to OU.  Whilst it takes a turn to set up the sun, Mega Zard is still a vastly superior Pokemon to Ninetales (even regular Zard was always better than Ninetails prior to Gen 5).

However, one thing you're forgetting is that weather starters usually have to switch in and out multiple times if the opponent is running another weather team, and while Ninetales is not the best at it either, Charizard is only going to be able to switch in once, even if it's in the lead position. Charizard's speed also works against it as a weather starter, since if 2 weather users are send in on the same turn, the slower one gets their weather up. As much as people want it to not be the case, Charizard is still probably going to be outclassed by Ninetales as the Drought user.

Unless Char is faster and can learn Draco Meteor or something like that.

Charizard is slower than Garchomp and doesn't learn Draco Meteor, and it's only possible to OHKO Garchomp with Dragon Pulse if you have perfect IVs in Special Attack, have full EVs in Special Attack and it's holding Choice Specs, and even then, the damage range is 91.62 - 107.82%, so you'll only be able to kill it half of the time.

• Thumbs Up 1

And then Mega Garchomp gets Truant and suddenly everyone pulls a 180 on their feelings on it.

If there's anything that can help Mega Zard out, it would be the removal of Team Preview. A lot of people are going to be wanting to use it, so not letting your opponent see your team would be a great boon.

Edited by Joshua

Except Mega Charizard gets a boosted Special Attack.

It would need a base 124 Special Attack, 15 more than it has already, to be able to guarantee a one hit KO on Garchomp, and that's still with perfect IVs, 252 SpAtk, and Choice Specs, and even then, Choice items are an awful choice on Charizard because of it's Stealth Rock weakness. Switching it to Life Orb, it would take the same Charizard a Special Attack of 151 to be able to one hit KO the Garchomp, and even the 15 base increase was unreasonable, let alone that.

So yeah, no way in hell is Charizard one shotting a Garchomp.

Jesus fuck. I hope that you are using a calculator or something like that.

No, Serp is just the boards local Competitive Pokemon player

I used this calculator to be precise, and changed the base stat numbers and items and natures and such to find the cutoff point for the guaranteed one hit KOs.

Oh, I also forgot to mention that the Charizard had a Special Attack boosting nature for all of those calculations too, which skewers the numbers even further since a Pokemon like Charizard would usually need all the speed it can get if you want it to be killing things.

Crap. Bulbasaur's my favourite Gen I starter and Chespin's my favourite Gen VI, so... uh, maybe I'll get Squirtle (and Torchic) and just wait on Bulbasaur until I bring everything forward from BW2. That was the first game that I ever really tried to fill out my dex properly in, so there's no way I'm not doing a mass transfer.

...I just hope the mega stones for the starters aren't only available if you get them from the professor. In fact, I hope they're mostly not that difficult to get ahold of. I don't want to not be able to use a Mega Whatever because I missed the one promotion they'll ever hold for a Whateverite.

Edited by Octarine

The metagame also teaches you math. :V

But yea, Serp's is right, you'd have to do a lot of setup for Charizard to really sweep and even then it might not be worth it.

Wait, what's all this about having to spend money to transfer Pokemon from Gen 5 to 6?

Also, Mega Charizard looks badass. (Now if you would just give me a Mega Arcanine, Gamefreak, I could finally die happy)

Wait, what's all this about having to spend money to transfer Pokemon from Gen 5 to 6?

Also, Mega Charizard looks badass. (Now if you would just give me a Mega Arcanine, Gamefreak, I could finally die happy)

You have to use Pokemon Bank in order to transfer between the 2 generations, and the service itself will have an annual fee of around $5.

Unless I'm unaware of such a move, I wondered if they'll ever come out with a new move that destroys stealth rock or something to that effect. Like when you use it, it'd protect the player from it for 5 turns or something *shrugs*.

Anyways the new mega evolutions are pretty neat, but aside from Fennekin I wasn't planning on using any other starters. Would much rather have a team of ones I find throughout my adventure.

I was actually really hoping to see the Kalos stater's final evolutions, but guess not. As much as I like the Mega Evolutions idea, I was hoping they'd be a lot more reserved for random Pokemon throughout the gens that need some more deserved spotlight, or a way to enhance them to make them usable. Of course there's probably quite a few more, but I just hope it doesn't turn into a "all starters from all 6 gens have one lawl!"

EDIT: Orite, the Pokemon Bank is a nifty idea, but didn't expect a price for it really. I guess it's fair and not that pricey at all, but I usually don't play Pokemon for years on end sometimes, so not sure if it'd be worth keeping them there for me or not. I'm sure it's crazy efficient though, just accessing the internet in game to pull out some Pokemon and such.

I can have froakie, download torchic, and then I get bulbasaur right after

gen VI is magical wow

also do we know when the bank trial starts? because if it's launched day it's fucked and I'll have to pay eventually, I wouldn't be ready to transfer everything that early. But if it's not until you sign up then that'd be fantastic

Unless I'm unaware of such a move, I wondered if they'll ever come out with a new move that destroys stealth rock or something to that effect. Like when you use it, it'd protect the player from it for 5 turns or something *shrugs*.

Rapid Spin, If I'm not mistaken.

• Thumbs Up 2