Awoo.

Pokemon X & Y (October 2013 on 3DS) - [Now out! Go out and play it already]

Pelly <3's U

Oh right, I forgot about rapid spin.

Even with that I feel like there should be something that changes it up a bit or something. Ever since the dawn of whatever, Pokemon metagame and "stealth rocks" have basically always been in the same sentence or paragraph it seems. You'd think something that's such a game changer would be changed up a bit or something but guess not. Maybe I'm just sick of hearing of stealth rocks loool.

Anyways, if there's any Pokemon I'm fully betting money on having a mega form is Zoroark. It may not be, but I've always thought of it as the "sequel Lucario" in terms of it's status and whatever in it's respective gen. Seeing as all these mega forms get an ability change however, not sure how that'd work even, though that could be it's pay off I guess. Revealing yourself and losing your camouflage in exchange for some power up. *shrugs*

Oh right, I forgot about rapid spin.

Even with that I feel like there should be something that changes it up a bit or something. Ever since the dawn of whatever, Pokemon metagame and "stealth rocks" have basically always been in the same sentence or paragraph it seems. You'd think something that's such a game changer would be changed up a bit or something but guess not. Maybe I'm just sick of hearing of stealth rocks loool.

Anyways, if there's any Pokemon I'm fully betting money on having a mega form is Zoroark. It may not be, but I've always thought of it as the "sequel Lucario" in terms of it's status and whatever in it's respective gen. Seeing as all these mega forms get an ability change however, not sure how that'd work even, though that could be it's pay off I guess. Revealing yourself and losing your camouflage in exchange for some power up. *shrugs*

Serious question: Is Illusion even worth a damn? I always though that it was only a gimmicky ability.

It's pretty easy to discover that it is Zoroark, it only takes a hit for it to reveal itself or if it manages to use a move you can easily find out that it is a Zoroark when Garchomp uses Nasty Plot or something like that.

Edited by Tmsp

Serious question: Is Illusion even worth a damn? I always though that it was only a gimmicky ability.

It's pretty easy to discover that it is Zoroark, it only takes a hit for it to reveal itself or if it manages to use a move you can easily find out that it is a Zoroark when Garchomp uses Nasty Plot or something like that.

It all depends on your strategy, timing, and how you build your team. It's quite clever if you play your cards right - I love mind games like that in competitive battle.

Are we still complaining about the $5 fee? If so, even though I currently have no real argument for or against it, wanted to bring this up - http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Pokémon_Box_Ruby_%26_Sapphire

Though I don't know if anyone really used it (though we're talking about just transferring to a new game...so I dunno).

Edited by Jetronic

Pokemon BOX is something completely different. It's basically just extra storage no one ever needed unless they caught every pokemon they ever ran into.

Pokemon BOX is something completely different. It's basically just extra storage no one ever needed unless they caught every pokemon they ever ran into.

It acts like Pokemon Box on the Gamecube.

It allows you to easily transfer Pokemon between games by saving Pokemon onto a virtual box instead of the cart itself. It could come in handy once Pokemon Z (lol) and future Pokemon games come out.

I appreciate the idea of Poke Bank and it's undoubtedly a useful tool, but I'll only need to do one or two transfers, more likely the former. It'd be nice if Game Freak offered a single free transfer where you can get all your Pokemon over from your past game and then pay the subscription fee after for further use. I have Pokemon on Black 2 which date back all the way from Sapphire and in a weird way I want to hold onto them for sentimental purposes. 

I keep getting this Imperial Walker vibe from M. Blastoise.

I get the trying too hard vibe from most of the Mega forms.

The massive cannon jutting out of it's neck just looks stupid to me.

It all depends on your strategy, timing, and how you build your team. It's quite clever if you play your cards right - I love mind games like that in competitive battle.

The surprise is kinda lessened because of team preview tho, of course I guess it comes down to figuring out when Zoroark is out.

The surprise is kinda lessened because of team preview tho, of course I guess it comes down to figuring out when Zoroark is out.
Oh yeah, team preview. My friends and I always cover our screens before a match because team preview is stupid and makes the match less exciting, so I forgot about it. Do we know if we can Flat Battle unrestricted, by the way? I hated the multiplayer in Black and White. The only way to play competitive is to manually get all your Pokemon to level 100, and you're shit out of luck if your opponent doesn't? Seriously? Why can't I just have my Jirachi capped at 50 and play a fair, fun match? It's so aggravating how they had it right and then screwed it so badly.
  • Thumbs Up 2

Has anyone pointed out yet that Pokemon Bank comes out late December and the free trial period runs to late January?  So there's a positive that you'll have plenty of time to plan, but a negative that you'll have to wait a couple of months after the release date to transfer Pokemon.

Here's a comparison of the old Pokemon Storage System sprites and the new ones in X and Y.

tumblr_msmnuied2C1r6xrqvo1_1280.png

tumblr_msmnuied2C1r6xrqvo2_1280.png

• Thumbs Up 5

Here's a comparison of the old Pokemon Storage System sprites and the new ones in X and Y.

tumblr_msmnuied2C1r6xrqvo1_1280.png

tumblr_msmnuied2C1r6xrqvo2_1280.png

Old to New is Left to Right?

Yeah, the ones on the right are the new ones for sure, I've been playing BW2 a bunch lately so I can tell haha

Those new sprites look really good. Eevee, Pikachu, and Lapras in particular catch my eye for some reason.

Yes. The ones without color backgrounds are from B2/W2

Well, least Rayquaza doesn't look like he's shooping da whoop anymore.

The new ones are pretty awesome, especially for some of the Gen 3 Pokémon. Rayquaza, Gyarados and Kyogre come to mind. Also Kyurem's new sprite is way cooler too.

The best part about things like this is that it wasn't really necessary, they could have kept it the same.

Thanks GameFreak!

Not that its the most important thing, but pretty cool upgrade!!! colors are fixed and some (like Gyarados that has notable jaws and not a circular mouth, rayquaza whos head was so weird, no more fluffy zapdos ^ , and kyurem who has a cooler sprite )

By the way, I think this is old, but there will be a Pokemon Smash on the 15th, in wich Masuda, wil be showing new Mega evolutions and the new X / Y anime. Not to mention I think (correct me if Im wrong) Coro coro leaks in the coming days wich means we will have a bunch of news to get hyped with!!!

subtle bold fonts just in case you didnt catch it :P