Awoo.

Pokemon X & Y (October 2013 on 3DS) - [Now out! Go out and play it already]

Pelly <3's U

So it seems that they are giving starters megaevolutions. How would Feraligatr, Typhlosion, (Mega)Meganium, Sceptyle, Swampert, Infernape, Empoleon and Torterra look like...

By the way, I think this is old, but there will be a Pokemon Smash on the 15th, in wich Masuda, wil be showing new Mega evolutions and the new X / Y anime.

subtle bold fonts just in case you didnt catch it tongue.png

MOAR Mega Evos will be shown in Pokemon Smash on September 15.

http://www.siliconera.com/2013/09/06/more-pokemon-x-and-pokemon-y-mega-evolutions-coming-next-week/

Mega Garchomp...I would love that but that would be flippin' OP. Also Mega Swampert please.

Not to sound like a jerk but waay ahead of ya tongue.png I found it funny how when I said it no one seemed to notice, oh no but when KrazyBean does it everyone suddenly starts talking about it XD / Drama queen

Edited by dabbido

I imagine that all of the starters will get Megas.

I would also much prefer Pokemon like Pinsir get real evolutions rather than Limit Breaks.  I think Megas should be reserved for Legendaries and Pokemon that are already as evolved as they can get without breaking the two-evo rule or without giving them uber stats.  Seems a bit pointless that Mawhile has a Mega Evo that could serve just as well as a regular evolution.

I'm all aboard for Mega Evolutions (aside from the god-fucking-awful name), but I don't want them added to Pokemon in the stead of real evolutions just to show off the feature when said Pokemon are in dire need of the other option and not just a gimmick to make them relevent again until Mega Evolutions either fall out of style or become as standard as weather or Stealth Rocks.

Edited by NOPE
  • Thumbs Up 3

I imagine that all of the starters will get Megas.

I would also much prefer Pokemon like Pinsir get real evolutions rather than Limit Breaks.  I think Megas should be reserved for Legendaries and Pokemon that are already as evolved as they can get without breaking the two-evo rule or without giving them uber stats.  Seems a bit pointless that Mawhile has a Mega Evo that could serve just as well as a regular evolution.

I'm all aboard for Mega Evolutions, but I don't want them added to Pokemon in the stead of real evolutions just to show off the feature when said Pokemon are in dire need of the other option and not just a gimmick to make them relevent again until Mega Evolutions either fall out of style or become as standard as weather or Stealth Rocks.

Thats a good point. Ive gotten so hyped about mega evolutions wondering how my favorites would look, that Ive forgotten about actual evolutions, I think mega evos will be a key to this game so there MIGHT be more mega evolutions than standard. But I do hope they at least give us some.

I agree that we should only get mega evos for pokemon that are already at the 3rd phase or 2nd, rather than giving Mawile (for example) a mega evolution before a standard one.

Edited by dabbido

If Mega Evos don't stick around, I would very much be okay with Megawhile getting a new name and being converted into a real Evo.  Just saying.  Same for Megabsol.

tumblr_mso1de747y1qlpahho1_500.jpg

HE'S ALREADY A BADASS NOW. WHAT MORE COULD THEY DO. OH, THE POSSIBILITIES. 8D

Wouldn't be surprising since his Japanese name is Gokuzaru.

I kind of like Mega Evolutions as an alternative to "real" evolutions in some cases, so at least a few Pokemon can be preserved as not evolving, technically, kind of.

I do hope we get more proper evolutions than just Sylveon, though. It'd be a little sad if Mega Evolutions meant a permanent end to cross-generation evolutions and babies and stuff. I know babies are pretty stupid, but I really want some more babies.

...and man, I hope every starter gets a Mega Evolution. It'd be pretty weird if they didn't, and the ones that are most likely to be left out are the ones that probably need it the most.

• Thumbs Up 1

I kind of like Mega Evolutions as an alternative to "real" evolutions in some cases, so at least a few Pokemon can be preserved as not evolving, technically, kind of.

I do hope we get more proper evolutions than just Sylveon, though. It'd be a little sad if Mega Evolutions meant a permanent end to cross-generation evolutions and babies and stuff. I know babies are pretty stupid, but I really want some more babies.

...and man, I hope every starter gets a Mega Evolution. It'd be pretty weird if they didn't, and the ones that are most likely to be left out are the ones that probably need it the most.

And who would those be?  Meganium is easily the least powerful of the grass family. When it comes to fire Id say charizard (wich got one already) and Emboar but somehow doubt theyll give him one being so recent. Next one would be Typhlosion (wich is my favorite overall and starter-wise) so he might be the one to get one and... hmm water.. I guess Blastoise (wich again already got one ) and Id have to say either Samurott or Feraligatr. But just to see your opinion wich ones were you thinking about ? 

tumblr_mso1de747y1qlpahho1_500.jpg

HE'S ALREADY A BADASS NOW. WHAT MORE COULD THEY DO. OH, THE POSSIBILITIES. 8D

Bet yeah he get's a flying cloud and a extending Bo staff, plus the ability to create smaller versions of it.

Journey to the West baby.

• Thumbs Up 3

Bet yeah he get's a flying cloud and a extending Bo staff, plus the ability to create smaller versions of it.

Journey to the West baby.

Agreed, I cant imagine it any other way if they dont make that reference Ill be greatly disappointed.

What about Mega Kyurem? I think I remember reading somewhere they weren't going to create a 'perfect' version of Kyurem, but it's a thought.

I know I want one!

• Thumbs Up 3

It's been suggested a couple of times that the Reshiram/Zekrom/Kyurem "original dragon" would be an obvious Mega Evolution to make, since Mega Kangaskhan proves that they're doing Mega Evolutions to fill conceptual gaps as well as gameplay gaps.  Also, I would be astonished if there were any starters which didn't get Mega Evolutions... but I wouldn't put it past GameFreak to be saving some Mega Evolutions for the X/Y "third version" like they did with a bunch of legendary formes with Black/White and B2/W2.

I'll also say again that I'm pretty confident that they won't give the Kanto starters until a couple of gyms into X/Y, so there is zero chance of them "overshadowing" the Kalos starters.

I suspect if a few starters are left out of Mega Evolutions, they'll just get them in future generations or, yes, in the "third version"(/sequels, if they did what Gen 5 did?). I doubt they'd ditch a concept like this after one Generation. That being said, I could see some Mega Evolutions made into "real" evolutions, somehow.

Mega Blaziken leads me to believe that all of the Gen 3 Starters will be getting Mega Evolutions, it'd be weird to leave two of the three out.

Potentially foreshadowing Gen 3 remakes if so?

What about Mega Kyurem? I think I remember reading somewhere they weren't going to create a 'perfect' version of Kyurem, but it's a thought.

I know I want one!

That should never be a mega evolution. Just give him a perfect form by fusing all three dragons.

Mega Rayquaza, however... Nah, not sure about that one either. It's already totally badass!

I also don't like the idea of giving some pokemon mega-s cause half of them would rather have normal evos fitst. Like, Absol, Ampharos, Mawile. I mean, do they really need Mega-s? I'd rather they had normal evolutions instead.

Potentially foreshadowing Gen 3 remakes if so?

Day one purchase for me if true.

Edited by ArtFenix

I do think that MegaMawile deserved to be a real evolution, but maybe they'll also be buffing up regular Mawile to match?  Since it's getting the Fairy-type they'll have to completely revamp its moveset anyway, and I'm hoping they might consider giving it a pre-evolution and better stats as well.  I do see Mega Evolutions as having a role for... well, Pokemon like Ampharos.  Giving it the Dragon type retroactively wouldn't really make any sense, but the only other way of modifying it would be to give Flaafy a split evolution and a totally different third stage.

Still don't think Gen III remakes are necessary or will happen, though.  There's nothing there that needs remaking, and if there is then logically they'd also have to remake Gen I again (and what then, remake Gen IV and reremake Gen II?).  I just want them to leave it to the twenty-fifth anniversary and then make Red 2 and Blue 2.

Giving it the Dragon type retroactively wouldn't really make any sense

There are plenty of pokemon having additionary types after evolving. Flygon, for example.

And I disagree. The remakes of Gen 3 need to happen. Gen 3 is quite outdated already. As outdated as were gold/silver/crystal at the time of Gen IV, if not even more outdated.

Edited by ArtFenix

I just want them to leave it to the twenty-fifth anniversary and then make Red 2 and Blue 2.

I want this more but I do feel Gen 3 is pretty outdated, it doesn't even have the Special/Physical attack split which is a huge game changer.

A Red/Blue 2 would be pretty amazing actually, Gen 1 is far too small to hold its own even as another remake but a completely different game set in a totally reimagined Kanto would be amazing.

Speaking of sequels, do you think Gen 6 will have a third game or will XY become XY2?

XY2.....or Pokemon Z as many believe.

Many believe that the 3rd Legendary pokemon maybe a Giant Serpent based on the Niohoggar of Norse legend.

If that ends up true, then they might as well create a Pokemon based off the Ratatosk as the regions small, cute super legendary Pokemon.

Edited by Dantemustdie00

There are plenty of pokemon having additionary types after evolving. Flygon, for example.

He meant giving Ampharos the Dragon-Type after all these years of just being Electric.

He meant giving Ampharos the Dragon-Type after all these years of just being Electric.

Yeah, I got it). If you think about that, Trapinch lives so many years to become a Dragon type so...

And I disagree. The remakes of Gen 3 need to happen. Gen 3 is quite outdated already. As outdated as were gold/silver/crystal at the time of Gen IV, if not even more outdated.

Pffft, I wouldn't go that far. Gen 3 was still a lot faster than Gen 4 when it came to most things.

• Thumbs Up 2

That's not fair because gen IV(specifically d/P) ran on windows 98 :V

Edited by Azure Yakuzu

Still don't think Gen III remakes are necessary or will happen, though.  There's nothing there that needs remaking, and if there is then logically they'd also have to remake Gen I again (and what then, remake Gen IV and reremake Gen II?).  I just want them to leave it to the twenty-fifth anniversary and then make Red 2 and Blue 2.

Red and Blue 2? 

Why, I felt that Red and Blue's sequels were Gold and Silver; in development they were called 'Pocket Monsters 2: Gold and Silver' after all. But I see what you mean anyway.

And I'm all for seeing the BETTER Battle Frontier being remade for potential Ruby/Sapphire remakes.