Awoo.

Pokemon X & Y (October 2013 on 3DS) - [Now out! Go out and play it already]

Pelly <3's U

Pffft, I wouldn't go that far. Gen 3 was still a lot faster than Gen 4 when it came to most things.

I would. Up to Gen V they had pretty much the same game just being updated visually. Gen VI - now they made a huge leap by jumping the 3D bandwagon. Soul Silver was mostly the same game just with additional stuff and upgraded visuals. If there's Gen III remakes - they will differ a lot from their original-selves.

Cliched as it is, I'd be on board for a cross-region journey of three or more regions (Kanto, Johto, and Hoenn, if we're naming names) where you have a wider choice of starters (or perhaps three selected randomly from the lot) and you strive "to be the very best, like no one ever was", all while exploring reimagined versions of the first three regions, with new areas and features.

Rather than having multiple versions, this game would just have a few Pokemon that would be interchangeable for one another; so while it'd be the same game, you may have Scyther available in some forest or something, while your friend has Pinsir in that area, instead.  Instead of dealing with a boring villainous team, you take tasks from various people or some sort of Trainers' Guild, where you help clear wild Pokemon out of a public place or rescue a lost Skitty or two.  While the main story would be a barebones "Become a Pokemon Master" ordeal, sidequests would flesh out side characters and even the odd legendary Pokemon or two (perhaps a request from the guild could've been submitted by Mewtwo in disguise), giving more character to the blank slates we've been dealing with since childhood.

I just want an "epic" Pokemon.  One where I get to do what I want, not follow some dipshits in uniforms around and stop them from tormenting old people.  One where the final boss has Lvl. 100s and it all comes down to strategy rather than "I'll just import my maxed out Pokemon from the last gen and beat him or her".  One that rewards you for going out and exploring, and taking time out of your busy training schedule, rather than just playing what's laid out in front of you.

Alas, my dream will likely never come true.

So apparently Mewtwo really does have a second mega evolution going by what went down in tonight's smash. It's going to be revealed in next week's Smash

MegaMegaMewtwo: GameFreak's way of saying "Yes, we play favourites."

...Well, I won't really judge it until we see what ends up being the case, but I think giving Mewtwo two Mega Evolutions would be being a bit cheeky considering that the entire concept was not entirely well-received at first blush.

If they're going to play favorites, I'm glad it's at least with the best fucking Pokemon, period.

Maybe his new one won't look like Baby Mewtwo.

If they're going to play favorites, I'm glad it's at least with the best fucking Pokemon, period.

Correction: Arceus the best fucking Pokemon.

Edited by VGCrasher

What version is everyone planning on getting anyway? I'm getting Y because I've always bought the latter versions of the games and I personally prefer Yveltal.

What version is everyone planning on getting anyway? I'm getting Y because I've always bought the latter versions of the games and I personally prefer Yveltal.

Y. Call me edgy and whatever, but I vastly prefer Yveltal to Xerneas.

Also, the Y exclusives look much better than the X ones.

Don't we only know like two exclusives for each version?

Also, I'm going for X. Nicer box and Xerneas is better than Lame-o.

X for me. I love Xerneas, it's so elegant and cool-looking and I want a particularly good dragon slayer who can power-up other dragon slayers because I already love the Fairy type :> Clauncher and Swirlix also look cooler/cuter than Skrelp and Spritzee.

I'll probably go for X myself, but I'm not entirely sure yet. I might wait until we know about exclusive 'mons in each version first before I make a decision.

I was going to go for Y, but then Xerneas started growing on me so I switched to going for X. Despite it being another deer Legendary, I have to say I like it better than the Musketeer trio from Gen 5. I usually don't go for any version-exclusive Pokémon besides the mascot Legie.

I'll still probably get Y for Christmas or when I have enough to get it myself.

Edited by DarkLight

Getting both for Christmas. I'll have all of the unique Pokémon between the two AND an extra adventure to play on a rainy day.

I'll definitely be buying Y if there aren't any attractive exclusives in X. Deer Pokemon have never appealed to me much, while Yveltal's design is unlike anything we've seen so far and I love it for that and more.

EDIT: Shit, Clauncher is exclusive to X? Then again, I'll probably be picking Froakie and I don't normally double up on primary types.

Edited by Pawn

Y. I prefer Yveltal's design and I like the exclusive Pokemon in it, like Skrelp the Water/Poison Pokemon (I think that's how you spell it...)

Edited by KrazyBean
  • Thumbs Up 1

I won't pick what version to get until I hear more about version differences.  Not version-exclusive Pokemon - I'm not too fussed about that.  I mean things like the geographical and story differences of past titles.  As of yet I don't think we've heard anything about those, but they're what interest me.

confirmed fake
So the Mega Evolution list got leaked and it has substance, since there's screenshots we haven't seen yet at the bottom of the poster EDIT: Screens aren't new, this is probably fake

tumblr_inline_mstfcdThZJ1qz4rgp.jpg

Edited by Rawrdom

Mega Genesect.

Not sure if it will be cool, or overdesigned mockery.

Assuming this is true anyway.

Aggron's getting a Mega Evolution? Yay for...just one of four measly Steel-type's getting one.

Porygon Z!? How high is that thing's SP ATK going to go!?

Getting X. The Legendary of X I prefer more plus I like the blue boxart more. I don't really mind version-exclusives.

MegaGarchomp....the prophecy may be fulfilled...

Porygon Z? Design-wise how much more crazy looking it can get? Or will its MegaEvolution 'fix' its appearance...