Awoo.

Pokemon X & Y (October 2013 on 3DS) - [Now out! Go out and play it already]

Pelly <3's U

Corocoro is leaking people!

The next batch of CoroCoro information has been posted to Japanese forums and this batch showcases more information on the upcoming games Pokémon X & Y. We have the cover that showcases a new Mega Evolution of Mewtwo as well as Mega Garchomp in the bottom right

The user with the same ID also posted that the starter evolutions are Gerogashira, Teerunaa, Hariboogu. They're all single typed and Teerunaa, the evolution of Fennekin, stands up. He also lists two fossil Pokémon, Chigorasu which is Rock/Dragon and Amarusu which is Rock/Ice. There is a white dog called Torimian which is Normal-type and a Psychic-type cat called Nyaonikusu which has male and female appearances. It also states that Mewtwo is version exclusive. He also listed the Fairy-type chart. According to this, Fairy is Super Effective on Fighting, Dark and Dragon and not effective on Fire, Poison or Steel. It also states that it is weak to Poison and Steel while resists Fighting, Dark and Bug. It is immune to Dragon. However, as this is not pictured yet, don't take this information as 100% confirmed.

This Mega Mewtwo is apparently Psychic/Fighting-type and has the ability Steadfast. Mega Garchomp's ability is Sand Force.

Chigorasu hasa new ability 'Hard Chin' that increases attack power. Amarusu has Freeze Skin is the Ice version of Normalize. Torimian has Fur Coat which reduces physical damage and apparently with "trimming" you can change its appearance. Nyaonikusu has Keen Eye or Infiltrator

Change your hair and clothes at a Boutique and Salon, reflected in the graphics, with a famous actress called Karune. Team Flare has five scientists, Kuseroshiki, Momiji, Bara, Akebi, Corea

Gerogashira knows Jump, Chespin's evo knows Mud Shot and Fennekin's evo knows Psycho Cut and has a split in its tail

According to the leaker, Steel has lost its resistance to Dark and Ghost. Like the rest of this information this is unconfirmed until we get a picture. 

In addition to this, some anime details were shown. Mega Blaziken was shown on the new anime poster, alongside Clemont and a new female. Like the above, this isn't 100% confirmed but comes from the same person as the cover, so don't count it as 100% confirmed yet

There's more coming i think.

Source: Serebii

Ok now THAT is how you ruin Mewtwo.

EDIT: Oh and it would be the one exclusive to Pokemon X, which I was hoping to get, as well wouldn't it? Urghhh.

• Thumbs Up 4

Omg Mega Garchomp is real. We r screwed. 8| And I agree with Professor J, that Mewtwo is ugly as sin. If its in the version I wanna get (which is Y) I really don't want it!

But on a more positive note I do like the look of the new cat Pokemon, very cute! The llama Pokemon is badass and the new fossil Pokemon are cool too. Especially the T-Rex! I want the T-Rex! >w<

I wish we could've gotten more out of the starter evolutions like, I dunno, pictures?! I guess we won't find out until just before X and Y come out though.

I like the look of the new Rock/Dragon fossil Pokemon (i.e. the one I'm assuming is the t-rex one on the top right of the second scan).  Looks like a cooler version of Cranidos.

Also Mega Garchomp is terrifying.  It's that jaw more than anything.  And honestly, barring the freakishly long legs I prefer this Mega Mewtwo over the other one.  It retains looking rather intimidating yet also manages to look more alien and freaky.

Wow, and people thought Mewtwo having a tail on his head looked stupid? This one has gills on his thighs

Actually he kinda reminds me of the Mermen from Castlevania. 

Edited by Solly

I'm laughing so hard at the people that said to me that Fennekin would turn ugly while Chespin/Frokie would be amazing.

Fenekkin and Frokie look bro-tier, but Chespin? Hahaha. At least he still has a chance to change.

About Mewtwo, while this one also looks awful, at least he still looks like fucking Mewtwo.

Edited by Tmsp
  • Thumbs Up 1

Wait am I just being stupid or something?  Which shot has the starter evolutions?

EDIT: Nevermind, it's here

corocoro9139.jpg

And all three of them look fucking stupid

Edited by SiLeNtDo0m
  • Thumbs Up 2

Oh dear... I was dead set on picking Chespin as my starter but... but... he turns into that? Are these the first or final evolutions of the starters (excluding potential Mega Evolutions)? I need some hope that it isn't the final form... though judging by that design, the next evolution will just a big goddam acorn with eyes.

Having said that though, yeah, they all look pretty bad. I think Froakie gets off the best, if only because a bi-pedal evolution for Fennekin inevitably means another Fire/Fighting type is on its way.

They haven't been posted here yet.

They have now! Thanks SilentDoom. =3

Fennekin's second evo looks pretty~ kinda odd there's a stick coming out of its tail but maybe it will make more sense once it evolves more. Froakie's is also neat. He looks so slick and cool. Just...look at that expression! The only one who looks laughably silly is Chespin's. It's cute, but a bit silly.

• Thumbs Up 1

Does Fennekin's evo have a stick in it's tail?huh.png

Either way, it and Froakie's evo looks decent but Chespin's is clearly the weakest in my eyes. It looks like it's channeling Jigglypuff or Drifloon with the round ballon thing going on.

Edited by DarkLight

How the fuck could anyone hate Fennekin's evolution? It's so fuckng majestic.

Also, Froakie looks cool

And this is instantly what I thought of when I saw Mega Garchomp

Draygon.gif

if only because a bi-pedal evolution for Fennekin inevitably means another Fire/Fighting type is on its way.

"It walks on two legs so it's obviously going to be part fighting" doesn't really hold much water as an argument.

Edited by Soniman
  • Thumbs Up 1

So Mega Mewtwo X is Psychic/Fighting.

Then there's moves like Focus Blast, which he can learn...

Not to mention Mewtwo's already a beast, he's now got a bonus STAB on his side.

...HOLY SHIT.

I think the most important thing is how the Type chart changes.

Dark/Ghost now has one weakness, Fairy.

Steel lost its Ghost and Dark resistances.

Fairy does not resist itself, so a Fairy/Dragon (which is somehting I was worried about) would be weak to Fairy still.

• Thumbs Up 1

So Mega Mewtwo X is Psychic/Fighting.

Then there's moves like Focus Blast, which he can learn...

Not to mention Mewtwo's already a beast, he's now got a bonus STAB on his side.

...HOLY SHIT.

I'd imagine Mewtwo would rep Aura Sphere over Focus Blast for the higher PP and reliability.  Most Pokemon only opt for the latter over the former because they can't learn the former due to Aura Sphere's limited distribution.  

I also imagine this Mewtwo will gain a boost in physical attack due to the additional fighting type so that could make physical Mewtwo sets more viable, making this already versatile Pokemon EVEN MORE so.

Edited by SiLeNtDo0m
  • Thumbs Up 1

A Piñata. Chespin turns into a freaking Piñata.

...Chespin...Piñata...Holy Arceus what am I thinking...

Edited by Duck Avenger Nald
  • Thumbs Up 1

I think the most important thing is how the Type chart changes.

Dark/Ghost now has one weakness, Fairy.

Steel lost its Ghost and Dark resistances.

Fairy does not resist itself, so a Fairy/Dragon (which is somehting I was worried about) would be weak to Fairy still.

The fuck.

I must be the only one here that likes the other Mega Mewtwo. As for the starter evolutions, well I only care about the final forms so the first forms really don't mean that much to me. And Mega Garchomp?! As if that bastard wasn't overpowered enough.

Not gonna lie, I like the other Mega Mewtwo's design somewhat. I've grown to like its first one so maybe over time this one will grow on me.

Hahaha Mega Garchomp is a reality. Who would have thunk it? Hahahahahah*cries*

Maaaaaaaaaaan Fairy is shaking up the type charts more than I thought it would. Sableye and Spiritomb ain't safe no'mo boi. Steel ain't safe from Dark/Ghost types. Fairy is all over Dragon, Dark and Fighting (?!) I nearly thought Fairy was going to be the new Gen 1 Psychic type hahaha.

Also loving Fenniken's first stage evolution. Since it's standing on its hing legs now; looks to be fully bipedal once its final stage his.